Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Thursday 28th June - 1st July 2018 - SOLD OUT

We will be arriving tomorrow too.
You’ve been busy - thank you for taking the time to arrange. Look forward to meeting everyone.

We will be arriving tomorrow too.
You’ve been busy - thank you for taking the time to arrange. Look forward to meeting everyone.
Hi Lorri
I see you are arriving a day early ie Wednesday. Not a problem. I may or may not be there to greet you as I have a few commitments. (Thursday was the original start date but of course the weather seems to have brought some plans forward). I will be on site tomorrow until late afternoon. All the pitches are marked out ready as per the above photo. The first 2 pitches on the left of the gate (Numbered 1 and 2) and the first on the right of the gate are reserved for Admin. Feel free to pitch up wherever you want if I'm not there. The white numbered marker on the grass should be on your front nearside - this will leave a large area at sliding door side for any awnings etc. My mobile number is on the information sheet and I'm free to answer any queries. Apart from that all I can say is that a swim on the North Beach tonight was rather fresh and our early evening meal at the Sandbar restaurant was just excellent. I will have a menu on site.

Hi Lorri
I see you are arriving a day early ie Wednesday. Not a problem. I may or may not be there to greet you as I have a few commitments. (Thursday was the original start date but of course the weather seems to have brought some plans forward). I will be on site tomorrow until late afternoon. All the pitches are marked out ready as per the above photo. The first 2 pitches on the left of the gate (Numbered 1 and 2) and the first on the right of the gate are reserved for Admin. Feel free to pitch up wherever you want if I'm not there. The white numbered marker on the grass should be on your front nearside - this will leave a large area at sliding door side for any awnings etc. My mobile number is on the information sheet and I'm free to answer any queries. Apart from that all I can say is that a swim on the North Beach tonight was rather fresh and our early evening meal at the Sandbar restaurant was just excellent. I will have a menu on site.
Great thanks. We were planning on just pitching up wherever the site had available for the night. Sun hats packed.

Great thanks. We were planning on just pitching up wherever the site had available for the night. Sun hats packed.
OK - your call whether you take the first night on main site with EHU or come onto field. Look forward to meeting you :)

Hi my sister has booked to stay for 4 nights. We would love to stay on the Saturday if you know of any spare pitches! Are we ok to visit on the Saturday?
Cheers
Pete

The Rally Field is now marked out and good news is that we've been able to allocate about 30' wide per pitch together with a small gathering tent in the centre of the field.
View attachment 34838 View attachment 34839

The parking layout is similar to this photo but with less vans
View attachment 34840

You are putting a lot of work into this - much appreciated - we are looking forward to a great weekend.

A few questions:
a) We probably won't be arriving till 10 or 11pm on thursday - do you know if we will still be able to get onto the field?
b) If you get a chance please could you email the info pack.
c) Are you bringing the uke??

Many thanks,
Paul

View attachment 34841
LOL
That tent is bigger than it looks!! I have access to 4 of them but humping one in and out of my lovely van was enough!!!!!!!! :(
Yes by all means bring your tent :)
This is it
You are putting a lot of work into this - much appreciated - we are looking forward to a great weekend.

A few questions:
a) We probably won't be arriving till 10 or 11pm on thursday - do you know if we will still be able to get onto the field?

Many thanks,
Paul

Uke? This sounds like fun

Question for me but might be useful for others.... What is the bike ride like to Sainsbury's for supplies? Just wondering if bringing my bike will save a few unhooks from the drive away awning, but I'm not great on hills!

It’s easier to walk into Tenby from Well Park. Take the lane on the opposite side of the main road signposted Windmill Campsite. Go past the cemetery and go down the hill. At the end turn left. This will bring you to the North Beach.
There is a Tesco Express on the main road in the centre of Tenby and one in Saundersfoot. There’s a Spar in Saundersfoot and there is also a large Co-op in Kilgetty.
Can’t make it for the weekend but hoping to pop in and see you on Saturday!

Last edited:

A few questions:

Many thanks,
Paul
a) No problem with arriving at that time, field gate will be open
b) I'll pm you the info pack link now
c) You really wouldn't want that inflicted on you - according to my wife :)

Hi my sister has booked to stay for 4 nights. We would love to stay on the Saturday if you know of any spare pitches! Are we ok to visit on the Saturday?
Cheers
Pete
At the moment its at full capacity - feel free to visit on Saturday. It may be appropriate to park outside the field due to limited spaces.
If circumstances change I'll post an update :thumb

Last edited:
Welcome to the first ever Cali Meet in Tenby - the sun has brought the first arrivals, a day early :)
I've put just a couple of CALI signs on the entrance as our county council have not cut the grass verges. Easy to find though.
IMG_1389.JPG IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG IMG_1383.jpg

IMPORTANT UPDATE -TENBY MEET - SAT NAVS

Speaking to those who have arrived it seems SAT-NAVS get you to the site but take you through the old village of New Hedges (adjacent to the site). Don't do that as there is a no right turn exiting the village.

On reaching the TWY CROSS roundabout which is 1000m from the site - go STRAIGHT ON towards Tenby, NOT New Hedges. Camp site will be on your right hand side.

Weather HOT HOT HOT :)

Hoping to get there mid afternoon tomorrow.
Might possibly stay Sunday night too and come home Monday morning. Is anyone else staying and is it ok with the site @dayslikethis ?

thank you for the directions video!! really useful. :thumb

we should be there around 8:30-9pm tonight. looking forward to a relaxing weekend by the sea :cheers

On the way back from the beach yesterday it was a privilege to meet two former Gurkhas and their families. They had spent 15 and 13 years serving in the British army, before returning to Nepal for a further 15 years as they had no right to live in the country they had served.

Following a successful and high profile campaign by Joanna Lumley and others in 2009, they now have the right to live here with their families. It is wonderful to see the Gurkhas and their families so happily enjoying a family holiday camping in the field next to the VWCC meet.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Young love at Tenby:
0c727559b2bb8ff66b9f8c5d50bb48fb.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Was just about to think ...there's not much news comming in from the meet !
Don't tell me you all been sleeping until now with this lovely weather....
We want pictures:D

We love Tenby and the surrounding area been down there on many occasions so envious wish we could've made it and the weather is beautiful enjoy everyone.

Having only some luck uploading photos from Tenby so here are just a few. Been to Calder Isle today. Quiet, peaceful and tranquil. With the temperature at 26 plus it is just perfect. Beautiful! Will send more photos on Monday.

41D247AA-E770-4744-9CD4-7D2142FFEE36.jpeg

F94656B8-564C-41BE-9A81-ED2170FA5903.jpeg

D06C1795-4DF9-4EDD-842A-C3F51FDCD5C7.jpeg

Great to visit the VWCC meet in Tenby today and put faces to forum names! Thank you for your warm welcome. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk