Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ThatchamTracker

Willshake

Willshake

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just about to take possession of a new 680GC and my insurance company said I need a S5 thatcham tracker.
Can anyone offer advice?
Is it a one off payment to fit or do you have to pay for tracking services?

Just about to take possession of a new 680GC and my insurance company said I need a S5 thatcham tracker.
Can anyone offer advice?
Yes there is a subscription required, monthly or annually.
Are they insisting on S5 or is S7 acceptable too?

They said S5 or S6 or VTS S5 or S6
This means nothing to me.
What would you do?
OK back in 2019 the S6 tracker was replaced with S7. The main difference between the S5 and S7 is the inclusion of adr tags on an S5 system. That is “Automatic Driver Recognition” tags.
These are physical tags that need to be with you in order to start the vehicle. So if someone takes your keys but doesn’t have the tag, they can’t start it. It does mean you shouldn’t keep the tags on your car keys! So it’s something else to have with you but kept separate from the keys when not in the vehicle.

If insurance box ticking my personal preference would be go with S7, they are cheaper to purchase and install and the annual subscription is less.

Have a look here as an example of what’s available, but check what the annual subscription costs are, as they vary:

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.
Good luck, some may say look for an insurance company that doesn’t insist on a tracker.
It is worth exploring options, but make sure you are happy with the insurance company and what they cover.

Good luck, some may say look for an insurance company that doesn’t insist on a tracker.
It is worth exploring options, but make sure you are happy with the insurance company and what they cover.
Hi I went with VW insurance; it was the cheapest for me and no tracker required, I just bought one that suited me.

Can anyone offer advice?
Change insurance company not all insist on trackers. Wouldn’t won’t mine back after it was stolen and recovered.