Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

That's not an awning!

Interesting, we saw a awning/caravan move away one evening recently. It had been there for a more than a week, grass was 4 inches around the pitch. When they left there was no grass only soil. I'd guess that pitch would be out of use for a few weeks.
I used to mystery shop CC & C sites, they are marked down if the grass is poor & also if the 6m rule is not being enforced.

I never have a problem - I just decline to use them.

Exact same problem on a Caravan Club site, lots of motorhomes with huge awnings as well as caravans, but our small Beach with Quecha Popup was not allowed. Reason beeing people can sleep inside.
Well, I for one would much rather be sleeping in an awning with roof floor and mats and god nows what than a popup tent without groundsheet.
I will cancel my membership and tell them the reason why.

Finally I received a response from the CMC regarding tents like the Quecha. (I did send a pic of the set up). Surprisingly they have agreed it is not a problem!

Your understandings of Club Site Rules 5.a. is correct – there are no restrictions on size, as long as your tent is contained within the pitch area as you quite rightly state. The sign at the entrance of this, and other sites, stating ‘no tents’ refers to that of tents which are to be the sole sleeping accommodation. Tents that are ancillary to a caravan / motor-caravan primary sleeping accommodation are acceptable on all Club sites. We are sorry for any confusion this sign had caused.

Please be assured that this feedback has been given to the site team in order to prevent a reoccurrence and we would like to apologise again for any inconvenience caused by these misunderstandings.

We would like to thank you for taking the time in bringing these matters to our attention and trust that all future visits to Club Sites as more enjoyable.

Yours sincerely

Mark Houghton

Southern Regional Manager

Back