Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The beach dash, what are people storing?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So the beach dash might not be as pretty as the ocean, but my gosh theres loads of cubby holes. How are all you beach owners using them for storage?

Hi @MarkVw2017

To be honest I am struggling to work out what to do with the cubbyholes in the dash.

Perhaps autoroute peage tickets in France for the little central one?

Tried putting coins in but can be seen from outside esp at night with a torch

Any ideas appreciated.

Hi @MarkVw2017

To be honest I am struggling to work out what to do with the cubbyholes in the dash.

Perhaps autoroute peage tickets in France for the little central one?

Tried putting coins in but can be seen from outside esp at night with a torch

Any ideas appreciated.
Glad its not just me then :thumb

Fruit for a journey goes in the big top one.

I keep keys (not for our home) in the driver’s side.

Mifi dongle in upper central.

iPod in lower central with wallet containing camping club membership cards.

Clare has full command of all others.

This seems like a good slot for a headtorch

Still struggling with any real use for the one above in the picture

(is the comfort dash better?)

50E6F4CC-9083-437F-9577-6AE34E88A1DE.jpeg

If, like me, you keep your wallet in your back pocket, but don’t like sitting on it for long periods when driving, it is as good a place as any to stow your wallet.

My wallet naturally (out of habit) finds its way to the top door pocket along with keys and sunglasses / reading glasses!

Something satisfying about having an empty slot or two ... makes one feel not overloaded with 'stuff'

Travel sweets, tissues, antibac wipes, sunglasses (in case), phones, wallets (the latter two obviously only while driving) in ours. Have seriously thought about buying one of the lidded inserts to fit! Agree they are seemingly useful spaces made pretty useless by leaving everything on display/ free to fly out on a sharp brake or corner.

My Bluetooth Wireless Somy SRS X2 , fits lovely in the centre cubby hole (with a little help of double side tape) and the sound is out of this world, without worrying about killing the front battery when parked up with the radio.

20190422_184525.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t believe they don’t give you the comfort dash as standard in a beach????
When your spending money like that On a California

I like the standard dash more, but I guess I would say that as that’s what’s in my westy.
It doesn’t show the dust, and is very hard wearing as it needs to be for them builders vans!
Yes the comfort dash looks nicer, if it’s for your kombi spec go have a good look at both and decide if you think it’s worth the extra cash.
Everyone is different.

36630892-21FD-4D2D-B523-329D549B46CD.jpeg
Drivers side has dog tick pull and business cards, coffee mug (or frog goes in cup holder), coins, cd, pen any old crap what’s not valuable in center (as anyone can see), usb wire below and pills, tissues and more cd wallet. Yes I’m old school cds sound better I do use iPhone too.
Oh and phone sits up in the center so I don’t forget it!
I would spend the money on some good leisure batteries for the kombi. I don’t miss the electric assist either as I always done it to gentle or to hard for it to work on the side door 60% of the time!
Hope it helps.

Back