Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet The booking for the 2019 Factory Meet is OPEN!

E29BA825-5C2B-43FE-8932-B75A293E1A1A.jpeg AE8C0076-2691-4FAD-8E2A-B150EC00CB3B.jpeg 8E4E59BF-C6F0-4C04-89FC-445ABEF1894A.jpeg C5E04997-5901-4C13-857A-5CE256B31DC1.jpeg B9598899-7280-4F1E-9EBD-2F098EF5A85D.jpeg 034A9155-87E3-4CCC-8AFA-4082C64389A9.jpeg 6DABC396-17F7-489B-9545-652DEDFE4EE9.jpeg B4D3DBDB-8B33-42B7-AD2A-C0BC4780CAB7.jpeg 675AEB01-08BB-41A5-81C7-07301AA8EE1F.jpeg Fabulous trip thanks @Kmann and all was well for the morning group in the Stöcken T6 factory. For those that didn’t go or haven’t been, Autostadt on Saturday was worth visiting but the highlight of the day was the VW museum on the other side of the canal from the campsite. Just amazing: GO THERE. Then on Sunday we drove across country to Marienburg castle which is just 20 mins south of the Hannover campsite and worth a visit (NB no shops are open in Germany on Sunday so don’t plan to stock up like we did (but luckily petrol stations sell alcohol)). We got stopped by das Polizei in Brunswick for unintentionally jumping a red light and speeding away at the lights after: no fine just a nice smile from the police lady. The castle is worth a visit and reminded me that our queen is German. Here’s a few photos maybe not in order.... we were told that photos would be overlooked in the Limmer. California factory. We didn’t take any photos inside the massive Stöcken T6 factory. We walked 4km and still didn’t see everything like the interiors or engines being fitted. Lots of areas inside the factory were cordoned off with signs implying T7 production line.

Big thanks to Henrik and Iben for pulling together this trip. The brexit travel concerns for the UK attendees were non existent in the end, the group were great fun and Liao’s pictures sum it up well. Did anyone get any group photos from the restaurant on Sunday night?
Debs and I dropped into Bruges for our last day (Venice of the North) - well worth a few days if you get the chance.

Last edited:
Big thanks to Henrik and Iben for pulling together this trip. The brexit travel concerns for the UK attendees were non existen in the end, the group were great fun and Lisa’s pictures sum it up well. Did anyone get any group photos from the restaurant on Sunday night?
Debs and I dropped into Bruges for our last day (Venice of the North) - well worth a few days if you get the chance.
Who’s Lisa? I think I saw on Facebook group that @Sandy Ritchie has some pictures of the Sunday night restaurant but perhaps he’ll post them here now. Sandy?

We’ve made it to Krakow and head to Budapest tomorrow.

Hi to everyone taking part in the May factory visit and thank you to Henrik for making the arrangements.

My husband John and I are really looking forward to meeting everyone and taking part in the events. Apologies in advance, but as I explained to Henrik recently, I had a total left knee replacement in February and although I am now walking well would find it painful to sit in our Cali for such a long journey from England. Also not nimble enough yet to sleep in a confined space without causing major disruption if I need to get up in the night. Not wanting to miss the trip we have booked trains to Hannover and a hotel close to Hannover station from 7 to 11 May.

We are in Group 1 and will travel by train from Hannover to Stocken and take one back from Limmer. It would be greatly appreciated if someone is able to give us a lift from Stocken to Limmer.

We have been looking at the options for Autostadt on Friday and wonder what others have in mind or if those who have just returned have any recommendations? The Car Tower Discovery Tour in the morning and the Autostadt Discovery Tour which starts at 2.15pm look interesting.

Liz Burgess

I'm ready for my trip to Hannover , it will be my thirth factory visit .
Who's coming also ....?
@trailtrotters ....above will be there...
I'm not on facebook and a lot of participants will probally be from Denmark and using @Kmann his facebookgroup .
Exiting times ahead :thumb

I'm ready for my trip to Hannover , it will be my thirth factory visit .
Who's coming also ....?
@trailtrotters ....above will be there...
I'm not on facebook and a lot of participants will probally be from Denmark and using @Kmann his facebookgroup .
Exiting times ahead :thumb
Hi Wim, we have already arrived at Arnumer See. We had booked from tomorrow, but the weather has been so cold we have done the driving in the hope that it would warm up a bit and arrived a day early. Reception tell us that nobody else has booked early so we shall have a few peaceful days. Anyone coming be advised that there is a lot of goose poo on the grass so door mats are advisable. See you soon.

We are on our way, currently in Deventer NL. Wim, we have an important parcel on board as promised. See you all on Wednesday.
@CaliforniaBen by your thumbs down I assume you are not going to the factory visit. Sorry about that, what I should have said was see all of you who are on the factory visit. At least I hope that’s why you put a thumbs down. .

Looking forward to seeing you all … we are meanwhile attached to work, so we will arrive Wednesday at some point. I am also trying to book a restaurant for Friday in Autostadt. More on that later :)

If you are at a loose end in Hannover, Marienberg castle 20 mins south of the campsite is picturesque and was owned by one of our Queen’s relatives (I’d forgotten she was German). Also, the Dutch windmill in Wendhausen near the autostadt campsite is pretty if you go across country between the campsites. Have fun group 2: we wish were there again.

B1AE3EB0-6D92-434F-B115-90CF6A84FB27.jpeg

F081B8CF-70B6-4CA3-9592-73812AB3C123.jpeg

If you are going to the meet this weekend - please reply quickly to the email I just send you! Not to miss out on the Friday Night Dinner :)

Reservations end today!

We have arrived at Arnumer See a day early, the sun is out and enjoying a glass of wine with Sally & Adrian and Jan & Anne. On the way from UK we stopped at a certain Dutch place and saw this! Bet we don't see one quite like this at VW!
224585C6-14CD-498A-95C5-2112ECF31BCC.jpeg79FC2C2B-B41F-40AE-99B1-EBEDEBC5FC42.jpeg

So, what’s happening over there? It’s all very quiet and I hope you’re having as much fun as we did.

Hi all. Started with a visit in Stöcken and Limmer. And moved then to Autostadt yesterday. Today is the big discovery of Autostadt and the Oltimer museum.

We spotted the new T6.1 in the productionline and also had a closer look at on. Biggest change in the cockpit and front. Looks promising.

And then we passed the future production line for the T7 in progres. Due to that and other things the factory will soon stop visits for a longer time. Maybe until 2021. But I will stay tuned and see how things get going. I spoke about alternative visits with the VW team.

Also this trip had some last time cancellations. And I can only say: Wish you where here.

412EBF7F-2D33-48FB-9E21-F27C84B38F27.jpeg07F16245-5BC7-4706-BFBD-BE8EDEB562B1.jpeg3695ED19-B738-477F-B386-60F44971EEEE.jpeg28E0578C-C23C-42D9-AC5E-0B2CEAFDC21D.jpegC6BF57D1-7CA0-466A-8015-A42C04DD4567.jpeg401E99B0-4555-4AFC-A4D4-135F4D4E3E1A.jpegF84585A7-C5B6-4CDC-B80E-F6517ACAD993.jpegBD071992-ABFD-42B8-983F-08AFE6DB84F1.jpeg0F10A67C-473E-4C9C-9358-93588D95F54E.jpeg36981F85-E5B9-4A3D-8383-E01BCBCD6EBE.jpeg

If you are at a loose end in Hannover, Marienberg castle 20 mins south of the campsite is picturesque and was owned by one of our Queen’s relatives (I’d forgotten she was German). Also, the Dutch windmill in Wendhausen near the autostadt campsite is pretty if you go across country between the campsites. Have fun group 2: we wish were there again.

View attachment 44454

View attachment 44455
Thank you for the tip about Marienburg Castle. We cycled there from Arnumer and did the tour, it was well worth it even if we did get a bit wet going back.

Thank you for the tip about Marienburg Castle. We cycled there from Arnumer and did the tour, it was well worth it even if we did get a bit wet going back.
Wow that’s impressive: I’d imagine it’s quite a hill climb at the end. Have fun.

Hi all. Started with a visit in Stöcken and Limmer. And moved then to Autostadt yesterday. Today is the big discovery of Autostadt and the Oltimer museum.

We spotted the new T6.1 in the productionline and also had a closer look at on. Biggest change in the cockpit and front. Looks promising.

And then we passed the future production line for the T7 in progres. Due to that and other things the factory will soon stop visits for a longer time. Maybe until 2021. But I will stay tuned and see how things get going. I spoke about alternative visits with the VW team.

Also this trip had some last time cancellations. And I can only say: Wish you where here.

That’s a pity. We could have come again!

Yes I saw signs on the the T7 line being constructed but the guide didn’t mention it. Amazing you saw the T6.1

Enjoy the museum and Autostadt. :thumb

Last edited:
Seems you all had a great time , wisch i was there but the wife's health comes absolute first . It was a very last minute call , she's been in urgent sugery yesterday witch went as planned and now the next wait to see how the further treathment of the cancer will need to be .
Thanks for the kind words @Kmann .

Seems you all had a great time , wisch i was there but the wife's health comes absolute first . It was a very last minute call , she's been in urgent sugery yesterday witch went as planned and now the next wait to see how the further treathment of the cancer will need to be .

Happy to hear all went good so far. We wish and hope it will continue that way. And we wish you where here intead of what you are going thru. Big hugs to Kathy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s annoying especially as you worked hard organising it. We could have come again!

Yes I saw signs on the the T7 line being constructed but the guide didn’t mention it. Amazing you saw the T6.1

There is always a reason. For me its OK. I dont bother but fell rather sorry for the once to miss out. One was forced to work, one had his Car broke by the dealer and one had a very sad reason. There will come another meet one day

Sorry to hear about your wife. Ann my wife had breast cancer diagnosed in 1997 (this was after her mum and sister died of the same disease) Ann has made a full recovery and no recurrence of the cancer.
Be positive,we have, and changed our life style hence retired early, not a lot of money but we are alive, and wake ever day happy

That’s a pity. We could have come again!

When we saw the T6.1 it was really difficult work to keep the camera in the pocket

Today we went to the VW museum. Oh I was drooling!!!!! My favourite?
The last T3 produced. I post a photo below. This T3 was the very last produced and has only covered a very few miles. Great colour and genuinely immaculate. I shared a short discussion with a German enthusiast. Oh how I wish I could have spent some more time with him. His knowledge was astonishing!

Back