Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

Just doing configuration on VW German web site for the New California 6.1 , to upgrade to larger wheels price €2900.00 .The model I was looking at was the " Coast". I think I will be holding to my older Model 2017.

I think that new fold out cooker in the Beach is a brilliant peice of design however upon reflection I'm left wondering if it's quite such a good idea after all.

If you have a two seater rear Bench the storage box prevents anyone sitting adjacent to this stove. Anything spilt would drop onto the storage box. However, if you option this device on a Beach with a three seater bench it would obviously be possible to sit with your legs under this cooker. With nothing except the usual disclaimer warning paragraph in the hand book, you can bet your boots thats some people will do just that. We all have blinkers on at times! With the possibility of dogs and kids loose in the van whilst mum or dad are heating water or something to eat on a rainy evening, the potential for such an accident is rather too high for my liking. It's like cooking something with a Baby Belling perched on your lap. :Nailbiting Yes I agree, it's no worse than using a stand alone stove inside your Beach but would you do that on your lap?

There's no problem with using this brilliant little stove or a free standing one but I'm merely saying, ask youself where the contents would end up if there was a spillage?

Last edited:
I think VW probably accepts the compromises you suggest in order to keep pushing the Ocean further upmarket pricewise. Along with the Coast they are trying to compete in the mid-range with those products so the Ocean is free to cream the top of the market.
It’s akin to the strategy Porsche take by up-speccing the Cayman so the 911 can take on the top of the Sportscar market.
They are geniuses at understanding market segmentation and taking the most profitable positions.

I wouldn't want this car under my motor home. What a waste of storage space. At dusseldorf. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the t6. 1. They were swamped at the vw stand. T6. 1 ocean was 89000 euro including German vat

View attachment 49647

I would sell my house, and give a limb, for this combination. Unfortunately I suspect I still wouldn’t have enough to afford it.

I would sell my house, and give a limb, for this combination. Unfortunately I suspect I still wouldn’t have enough to afford it.
They were over 1 million euro mate. The dearest I saw was 1.5 million

If I understand correctly it’s now possible to order heaters with remote control of both water and air heater.
A van speced like mine is 80.000€. Mine was about 60.000€ three years ago

If I understand correctly it’s now possible to order heaters with remote control of both water and air heater.
A van speced like mine is 80.000€. Mine was about 60.000€ three years ago
And the crazy on ppl on Blocket add 20% on top of that

Dealer told me the other day the digital dash will be an optional extra and new Calis will have the same dash as the vans.

Dealer told me the other day the digital dash will be an optional extra and new Calis will have the same dash as the vans.
42A6FC74-168F-4C32-AC0B-6CB25A3A521B.png
You can see the options on the German configurator which should give a pretty good idea.

Pop up kitchen - WANT !

I wonder if you will be able to buy the bits as it all fits into the same space as the current Beach so would be new side panel, cooker section/foldaway part and lower part with gas bottle cover. Would be a nice retrofit.

Last edited:
I like the flip-over gas ring in the nearside panel too - the only thing I don't like about my 2-seat Bench Beach is the minor faff of making a quick coffee inside.

Good afternoon,

I love the T6.1 California Ocean - it is a fantastic vehicle. From the outside design it is not fundamental different to the T6, but that was to be expected. This is not the way Volkswagen works.

The new dashboard (option), the new camper display, the new design inside (handles), the new assistants etc. are great.

What I don't understand (with the T6 either) is the enormous price tag. For fun, I configured the California Ocean T6.1 as if I would buy it (obviously with the financial restrains one has) and still I come up to € 84.000. That is a lot of money. In comparison to other camper vans (which at the end the California Ocean is) it is far more.

Ok, the re-sell value might be higher. but nowadays nobody can grantee this any more, because it 10 years or so nobody will buy a diesel fuelled engine any more. Then what?

Never the less I will keep an eye on the T6.1 and maybe, just maybe ....

Regards,
Eberhard

Pop up kitchen - WANT !

I wonder if you will be able to buy the bits as it all fits into the same space as the current Beach so would be new side panel, cooker section/foldaway part and lower part with gas bottle cover. Would be a nice retrofit.
I agree, it would be nice. Although how many single burner gas stoves could you buy with the cost of that retro fit? ........and you could use them all outside as well.

I agree, it would be nice. Although how many single burner gas stoves could you buy with the cost of that retro fit? ........and you could use them all outside as well.
Indeed but the whole point is that I use my van in the winter a lot, esp. when I am working (at Glenshee) and having it in the van would be helpful !

You can click on the link to look at them without a FB account.

You can click on the link to look at them without a FB account.

I can only get the first ones doing that -- not the box that is marked +4.....

looks like you lose storage box capacity though..is that correct?

Good afternoon,

I love the T6.1 California Ocean - it is a fantastic vehicle. From the outside design it is not fundamental different to the T6, but that was to be expected. This is not the way Volkswagen works.

The new dashboard (option), the new camper display, the new design inside (handles), the new assistants etc. are great.

What I don't understand (with the T6 either) is the enormous price tag. For fun, I configured the California Ocean T6.1 as if I would buy it (obviously with the financial restrains one has) and still I come up to € 84.000. That is a lot of money. In comparison to other camper vans (which at the end the California Ocean is) it is far more.

Ok, the re-sell value might be higher. but nowadays nobody can grantee this any more, because it 10 years or so nobody will buy a diesel fuelled engine any more. Then what?

Never the less I will keep an eye on the T6.1 and maybe, just maybe ....

Regards,
Eberhard

I will buy Diesel as long as they make it.

Overall I like, not keen on the front styling but then again I like the T5.1 with LEDs and LED DRLs plus a nice ABT splitter better than my T6.

IMO they have gone backwards with the colour of the fake woodgrain units, aliken to the pre facelifted T5.
I think the latest offering is the best yet, greyish.

aliken to the pre facelifted T5
I was reminded the other day that the smoothness of those early ones make them easy to wrap (unlike the grainy surface of the 5.1s and 6s).