Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

That pop our kitchen would certainly make me consider a Beach when we upgrade next year, we only cooker/sink in our Ocean for pure basics anyway so that would fit the bill.

So it says that Beach owners would be able to option the electric roof. How many of you Beach owners would want that upgrade?

Prefer manual roof as less to go wrong. Our last manual roof was 22 years old (180K miles) when we sold the van and was still going strong and had the added bonus that is was 100% waterproof!

So it says that Beach owners would be able to option the electric roof. How many of you Beach owners would want that upgrade?

I personally would not want an electric roof, more to go wrong. Keep it simple.

I do like the foldaway cooker, best thing I have seen about the 6.1 Beach.

Got to agree. That pop out kitchen idea I think is awesome. Best update I've seen VW come up with
What is needed now is a compressor fridge that fits into the storage box of the 4 seater model. That can be removed for when the car is in everyday mode, and fitted for holiday mode.

Clare pointed out that the Beach bed would need to be folded into the bench before popping out the kitchen, so no tea in bed.

Looking at it now - the pop out kitchen might just fit above the bed mattress.

Given a no cost choice between the pop out kitchen or an extra door and picnic table I think we’d go for the second sliding door and picnic table. But it would be a close choice.

I definitely prefer the manual roof over an hydraulic option. It really is little faff.

What happens to the bits of spilt scrambled egg when you fold the cooker away?
i hope you can get into the bottom of its hideaway for cleaning out the crumbs or forgettern teaspoon retrieval.

Handy for kayakers that there is a handy storage for your paddles where the front bumber used to be!
View attachment 49583

That front end really is off putting.
FUGLY...!!!
A lot of people getting excited about a flip down ring, but I’m not sure how practical it really is...?
As an ex Beach owner, it’s not just the practicality of the hob and sink, but the storage space and permanent shelf space on top of this unit that makes camping easier

I like the look of that front end, paddle parts colour coded and
fog lights and its looking good.

£12 anyone?
Store it in the drawer with the kettle or pan you'd need to carry for the fancy version. View attachment 49587
That’s what I used in Scotland for a month, outdoors or indoors depending on the weather, brilliant. Fits in it’s own case, stores anywhere. The storage space in the side panel is useful and handy.

That front end really is off putting.
FUGLY...!!!
A lot of people getting excited about a flip down ring, but I’m not sure how practical it really is...?
As an ex Beach owner, it’s not just the practicality of the hob and sink, but the storage space and permanent shelf space on top of this unit that makes camping easier
I must admit although I'm in dusseldorf now and going to the show in the morning I'm not so impressed with that front end.

The pop out kitchen is amazing, even if just a little gimmicky! Imagine if they did something like that with a bike rack on the tailgate, hell yes!

Little pockets on back pointless as everybody puts covers on anyhows.

The recliner, now that is amazingly cool.

Dash, lovely and modern, looks amazing! Really like that! In line with modern cars and can use when hooked up, Brilliant!

Front end looks like its been squashed but still very modern.

Dual sliding doors, amazing, finally parents can drop their kids off at school without them getting run over

Overall, I really like it. Dont feel its worth upgrading from a T6, but a beautiful upgrade from a T5 or lower if you can afford it.

However, this can is going to be very very expensive, with the pounds value and with all the nonsense of Brexit, feel be much better value getting an end of line T6 if your after New Cali, with better discounts and quicker lead in times!

Last edited:
This article says there is storage for a gas cylinder. Not sure whether it’s true. Is it in the little storage panel underneath right near the front seat? (in pictures)
It sounds like they have squished a 904 (1.8 kg of gas) under that hatch. Wow! That will last a while.
adc70b691f15bae9c313ff3544b7990c.jpg

Love it, real game changer. The pop out kitchen in the Beach is brilliant, anyone that says otherwise is just jealous:D
As we said, each to their own, but to us its nothing more than a gimmick. We were about to sign for an Ocean when we realised we didn't want to lug around a wardrobe & sink every day, it was the lack of them in a Beach that swung it for us.

The pop out kitchen is amazing, even if just a little gimmicky! Imagine if they did something like that with a bike rack on the tailgate, hell yes!

Little pockets on back pointless as everybody puts covers on anyhows.

The recliner, now that is amazingly cool.

Dash, lovely and modern, looks amazing! Really like that! In line with modern cars and can use when hooked up, Brilliant!

Front end looks like its been squashed but still very modern.

Dual sliding doors, amazing, finally parents can drop their kids off at school without them getting run over

Overall, I really like it. Dont feel its worth upgrading from a T6, but a beautiful upgrade from a T5 or lower if you can afford it.
As we said, each to their own, but to us its nothing more than a gimmick. We were about to sign for an Ocean when we realised we didn't want to lug around a wardrobe & sink every day, it was the lack of them in a Beach that swung it for us.
Defo a gimmick, nothing that a £10 mini gas cooker cant do, but a great 'look at this' moment for your family and friends.;-)

Still no LED headlights mandatory. Factory candles are still on some of those models.

If it's anything like the self parking on my Crafter then it'll be utter crap.
It either parks you at least a foot out from the kerb or takes you part way in and gives up.
Not to mention the fact that you have to look down, press the button, indicate which side of the road you want to park, crawl forward really slowly until the graphic tells you to stick it in reverse, by which time somebody behind has already slid into the space or driven past you which cancels the parking assist.

I don't use it any more!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Defo a gimmick, nothing that a £10 mini gas cooker cant do, but a great 'look at this' moment for your family and friends.;-)

I guess it will be an option but not one I’d choose as I’d much rather have the storage in that door.