Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

Did there used to be a rear side window on the kitchen side? With a slide out plastic rack? I can see this on the 6.1 but not seen it open

Are you wondering what the green circle is?

Sorry! ... is that an auto parking button?

Last edited:
Was waiting for someone to use the new Control Panel. Is that an actual Button or a Button Icon?

It'll probably shoot off in reverse, crash into the car behind and the insurance will say tough luck, you didn't tell us it had a modified air freshener...

Looks very nice, I do like the fold away cooker in the beach, not sure about the digital dash display (single point of failure?) BUT for me it comes down to price and what are going to be classed as extras.

Looking at the current T6 Beach marketing images, they look great until you realise, that the marketing images show you models loaded with optional extras that add £Thousands to the price.

Also because it's a new model, will they hold back on discounts initially.

Here is the link to Andrew Dittons video. Unfortunately it features ‘Steve - I’m writing 500 words ads about my used Cali’s but haven’t got room to mention they are ex-hire’ from you know who, but don’t let that put you off.

This slide out cooker in the beach may complicate future arguments (sorry debates) about beach vs Ocean. “What sort of dirty beggar would cook in their van”? Won’t have quite the same ring to it.

Joking aside, I think it’s a clever move. What’s to the side of it? It looks like a sink but must just be a prep area?

Last edited:
this does look brilliant:

1567157304939.png

1567157331648.png

1567157357035.png

1567157385584.png

not so sure about cleaning out the sink though....

This slide out cooker in the beach may complete future arguments (sorry debates) about beach vs Ocean. “What sort of dirty beggar would cook in their van”? Won’t have quite the same ring to it.

Joking aside, I think it’s a clever move. What’s to the side of it? It looks like a sink but must just be a prep area?
Should be capable of a retrofit but bet it is expensive as a retrofit.

Looks very nice, I do like the fold away cooker in the beach, not sure about the digital dash display (single point of failure?) BUT for me it comes down to price and what are going to be classed as extras.

Looking at the current T6 Beach marketing images, they look great until you realise, that the marketing images show you models loaded with optional extras that add £Thousands to the price.

Also because it's a new model, will they hold back on discounts initially.
I agree. When VW or any manufacturer introduce a new model they usually throw a party with lots of pop and nibbles. The new models on show quite rightly display all the new features and options on those new models. However, which of those options and features make it to our shores remains to be seen.

Being a Beach owner I am pleased to see the innovative pop out cooker. That looks very well designed and I'm sure will prove to be a popular option if not too expensive. Where is the gas bottle stored and connected though?

Personally I think I'd prefer to continue cooking outside and have a second sliding door instead, if that is going to be an actual option. Why haven't VW done that before when it seems so obvious?

Some nice minor detail changes to the Ocean's interior as well although I don't quite understand why that chap is so excited about a catch enabling the fridge to be left open when not in use. We used a micro fibre cloth to stop it closing!

The central control panel is also a nice touch but I can't help thinking that it's an "all your eggs in one basket" feature. Still only time will tell. The levelling feature is interesting although a little gimmicky. I bought one of those little spirit level things when we first started cali camping. Never used it!

Overall though, some very nice features.

I had been looking to upgrade for a while but the T6 changes were not enough to make me want to take the plunge however the T6.1 is exactly what I wanted to see in upgrades so I can finally put my money where my mouth is. I in fact I love the pop out kitchen in the Beach and like others I do cook outside in the summer but this will open up many more options especially in the winter and also if you want to make a cuppa at the roadside.

Well done Volkswagen, just when we though you could not improve on the Cali and you prove us wrong

Some great features, really interested in a Beach 6.1 now, but Swedish lux / VED is off the charts, 1500 PA indefinitely for a big motor 4MO, apparently the Swedes would rather punish cleaner engines than raise diesel prices which would hurt the most polluting cars.

It does look very impressive. I hope there is room underneath for the gas cartridge •and• a spare.
This article says there is storage for a gas cylinder. Not sure whether it’s true. Is it in the little storage panel underneath right near the front seat? (in pictures)

And did you hear that you can now use the stereo as long as you are on hook-up?

I wonder what other little Easter eggs are in there to be found.... :)

The great thing of the new Beach is that you can have a cooker AND a 150cm wide bed. Best of both worlds!

The great thing of the new Beach is that you can have a cooker AND a 150cm wide bed. Best of both worlds!
The Beach has never interested me before, but that little addition makes quite a difference. Such a neat solution and it's nice to see such innovation.

Also, the two sliding door option is also great to see. Credit where it's due to VW...they did well.

The Beach has never interested me before, but that little addition makes quite a difference. Such a neat solution and it's nice to see such innovation.

Also, the two sliding door option is also great to see. Credit where it's due to VW...they did well.
Food for thought indeed!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Love it, real game changer. The pop out kitchen in the Beach is brilliant, anyone that says otherwise is just jealous:D
Got to agree. That pop out kitchen idea I think is awesome. Best update I've seen VW come up with

So it says that Beach owners would be able to option the electric roof. How many of you Beach owners would want that upgrade?