Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Grand Tour

Just finished watching.
Personally thought it was really good.

Just watched it too, brilliant filming and great TV, makes Top gear look pants TBH

The chemistry between those three is what makes it

Just watched it too, brilliant filming and great TV, makes Top gear look pants TBH

The chemistry between those three is what makes it

They have tweaked the format, which is what was needed. Even before what happened at the BBC the old Top Gear was becoming stale.
This is the problem with the new/old Top Gear. If you follow..???

They can't perform miracles, it's essential still them and still a car show. But what they have done, is make it fun and interesting.
Really good effort

I have waited a long time for this to arrive.....still waiting.....wife won't like it if I watch it without her!

Its unfortunate that they dont like the rest of the world to pay for it.

Superb! This is everything top gear should of been, I loved the opening sequence.

Looks like Social media all agree's as well, its been trending all day with only positive reviews

Superb !!!! Loved it, cant wait till next Friday

Just watched it, can't wait till next week. The BBC must have some big regrets

Interesting show, to quote an American friend of mine, it's what god would do, if only he had the money, probably what the BBC would have done if they has $120 million spare.

Very long Intro which is best to FF through (lots of cars driving through a salt flat) followed by the three getting a rousing entrance into the tent. Many tongue in cheek throw backs to Top Gear as well as a long intro to the (new) Ebola track and The American (new fat Stig who has a thing about communists), a very boring bit about celebs dyeing (three) and then a competion on three cars. from memory a Porche 318 Targa, McLaren P1 and a Ferrari. It was OK but not something I would join Amazon Prime for but I will probably check you tube next week to see if it gets better

Last edited:
It was OK, the chemistry between them is still there but not a whole lot different from them in Top Gear.

It was OK but let's be honest, the format is basically the old TG format tweaked (badly IMHO) so that it doesn't look like it was too blatantly copied.

As other people have said, it's the chemistry between them and the photography that make this show.

Narcissistic, worn out, self-indulgent crap. But from those presenters - did you expect anything else? Tired old format put on multi-million dollar life support.

The schoolboy humour about the three dead celebs could have been amusing but was forced to the point where I was actually embarrassed for the presenters. Casual racism (gypsies) - well, fine if you're into that sort of thing. And quite hilarious to name a race track after a disease that killed 11,000 people last year (well not in Oxfordshire, obviously. That wouldn't be funny.).

Sorry, I just wanted to put a contrarian view to the Clarkson fan club... I quite liked the Stig replacement though :Stig

Narcissistic, worn out, self-indulgent crap. But from those presenters - did you expect anything else? Tired old format put on multi-million dollar life support.

The schoolboy humour about the three dead celebs could have been amusing but was forced to the point where I was actually embarrassed for the presenters. Casual racism (gypsies) - well, fine if you're into that sort of thing. And quite hilarious to name a race track after a disease that killed 11,000 people last year (well not in Oxfordshire, obviously. That wouldn't be funny.).

Sorry, I just wanted to put a contrarian view to the Clarkson fan club... I quite liked the Stig replacement though :Stig

I think you will find the rest of the world disagrees with you if you saw social media over the weekend. People say that the format is tired and worn out, if it aint broke- why fix it

I think you will find the rest of the world disagrees with you if you saw social media over the weekend. People say that the format is tired and worn out, if it aint broke- why fix it

I'm sure you're right. Much of the world disagrees with me on a lot of things, not only tastes in TV viewing. Although I wouldn't rely on social media as my primary gauge of any of that. :Grin

I think social media is a much better gauge of what people like on TV, radio and film etc.. rather than the old way they used to look at viewing figures
We actually took part in TV viewing figures around five years ago and I can see how inaccurate these are, with social media it is live information that can't be tampered with.

I think social media is a much better gauge of what people like on TV, radio and film etc.. rather than the old way they used to look at viewing figures
We actually took part in TV viewing figures around five years ago and I can see how inaccurate these are, with social media it is live information that can't be tampered with.

Yes but... viewing panel figures were intended to collect - however imperfectly - behavioural statistics - ie figures about what people actually did on a given evening. Whereas social media data is actually pretty useless for that, even though may be useful for illuminating some attitudes, but without knowing how prevalent those attitudes might actually be.

There are huge problems in using social media messaging to generalise reliably about, well, almost anything in the real world. What actual proportion of people who watched Grand Tour tweeted about it? How do you know that those that did are representative of the universe of watchers (they almost certainly aren't)? And how do you then categorise those messages to judge how many are 'positive' or 'negative'?

But the real problem with social media as a yardstick of public opinion is that people consuming the feeds don't usually even see the full spectrum of what is being said on a particular topic. They only tend to see re-tweets (or whatever) shared by their Facebook friends etc - who obviously are highly aligned with their own social and political perspectives. This reinforces the False Consensus Effect (ie that we habitually over-estimate the proportion of other people who think the same way as us) - hence the massive surprises to many people at the outcomes of 'two recent popular votes'.

There, I just managed to avoid mentioning Brexit and the US presidential election... Damn. :embarrased

Now I know it's on you tube I shall watch it and draw my own conclusions even though I dislike the three presenters and everything they stand for with a passion.
I have only ever written into the BBC on one occasion and it was in relation to an episode set in the USA.
I accept everything is not going to be to my taste but the cult following for this trio and the fact it was on BBC forced a reaction.

I'll view it with an open mind

Mike

I enjoyed it and found it amusing. It seemed more vibrant and a far better quality picture than the BBC, probably the use of top end cameras.

It wasn't amazing but it was entertaining and amusing. The driving of the BMW test seemed to go on a little too long and started to feel awkward, it felt like filler. ;)

Last night watched the second episode and the special forces section was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV this year !