Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Things you didn't know your van did

Mine must be a bog standard in three sections, therefore only a top side . When asleep I don’t notice any difference
:cheers

VW comfort mattress has two sides, being firm and soft...........

Please confirm.
maybe? but its not rectangular so won't fit the other way up.

Mine has two sections for the seats but is joined to a third section which covers the rear, making a three section comfort mattress. Do you have a third section detached from the front two?
Or......re-reading this, does your two section actually go the full length of the bottom bunk? in which case how does it fold to fit behind the seats in seat mode??
?:cheers?

Mine has two sections for the seats but is joined to a third section which covers the rear, making a three section comfort mattress. Do you have a third section detached from the front two?
Or......re-reading this, does your two section actually go the full length of the bottom bunk? in which case how does it fold to fit behind the seats in seat mode??
?:cheers?

I have side zips on the bottom 2 sections so I can turn them over. Easily done. Foam pad is a composite foam. Shaped section is as is. Then a Comfortz Cover over the lot. Folds easily.
I think it was designed for the soft foam to mold to the seats. :thumb

Last edited:
Ah, that’s clearer, thank you. Makes sense. Will have a look at this tomorrow.
Interesting.
:thumb

Sunglasses holder...???
Found by accident. I really don’t know this van at all:oops:

E49B6259-F75A-400E-87D3-44A3CC97E96C.jpeg

Sorry Stoney.
I changed from a Beach to Ocean a couple of months ago.
Perhaps not on the Beach...???

New 19 Oceans no longer have this apparently (VW dealer confirmed when ordering last week)

Have a beach too and it doesn’t have the sunglasses holder.
I did find out at the weekend that the default setting for the parking heater remote can be altered. Up until now I thought it would only operate at level 4 for 30 mins.

My 18 reg Ocean has the sunglasses holder but it is almost impossible to open so it might be worth investigating further.
Can’t see why other models wouldn’t have it?
Another job on my warranty list. The T5 had one that opened easily but this one most definitely doesn’t and if I hadn’t had it previously I wouldn’t have known that it exists.

My 18 reg Ocean has the sunglasses holder but it is almost impossible to open so it might be worth investigating further.
Can’t see why other models wouldn’t have it?
Another job on my warranty list. The T5 had one that opened easily but this one most definitely doesn’t and if I hadn’t had it previously I wouldn’t have known that it exists.
Hi Gillian. I remember mine being quite tough to open when new, after a good few uses it freed up quite nicely. It’s newness! Open and close few times should cure it so the plastic seats correctly.

Managed to open my sunglasses holder with a sharp knife, alas, just a few wires behind it so the 18 spec beach doesn’t appear to have one.
Unless of course it’s an extra, which let’s face it, wouldn’t be too much of a shock.

Managed to open my sunglasses holder with a sharp knife, alas, just a few wires behind it so the 18 spec beach doesn’t appear to have one.
Unless of course it’s an extra, which let’s face it, wouldn’t be too much of a shock.

Are you being serious...???
:D:D:D

Back