Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Things you didn't know your van did

It doubles up as the mic for the voice enhancer, if activated.

That's what I assumed but I should of made myself clearer.

I was trying to highlight to others that they may just have that speaker purely for the phone connection and not for the voice amplifier!

Hmm

Think who told you those things is wrong.

My heater works when I am in the reserve ( red ) & the tap continues to work and the water going down the sink dumps on the ground via the overflow......l
Wrong T5 it's a T6

It doubles up as the mic for the voice enhancer, if activated.
Hello Loz,
Do you know how this function can be activated and what's involved? Is it something a dealer can do or does it need a different model of Discovery sat nav?
Best wishes,
Paul

LIGHTS- interior mainly, and LEDs.
Some might already know this, but most of the interior lights in the living area are dimmable (only on split worktop models MY18?) and only on the lights in the pop up, rear tail gate, and strip under the work top. The ones in the cupboards don’t seem to do dim.
ALSO - you can have it so that the strip light under the work surface comes on when you open the doors, it lights up the back when you get in without having to manually turn it on!
Set the cab interior lights to auto (to come on when you open doors) then when door is open, press the strip light button twice. It will flash twice to let you know it’s activated. Hey presto. Then reverse method if you want to turn off. I found this out this weekend and I’m chuffed. It’s also in the book :headbang doh

It can't be that difficult. If, like us, you have the Discovery sat nav, the microphone near the sun visor and the rear speakers then you probably have all the hardware. It must either be a software thing or I've missed something.
Hmmm.....Agree, can't be that difficult, but I do not have Discovery Sat Nav but I do have the microphone/speaker thingy. So maybe it's redundant and VW missed a chance of saving a few € cents by leaving the device in the headlining.

Hmmm.....Agree, can't be that difficult, but I do not have Discovery Sat Nav but I do have the microphone/speaker thingy. So maybe it's redundant and VW missed a chance of saving a few € cents by leaving the device in the headlining.

Is this mic not used for hands free phone calls? Do you have Bluetooth?

Is this mic not used for hands free phone calls? Do you have Bluetooth?
Ah! Probably you are correct. Yes I do have BT. Thanks. Silly me not thinking!!

Some might already know this, but most of the interior lights in the living area are dimmable (only on split worktop models MY18?) and only on the lights in the pop up, rear tail gate, and strip under the work top. The ones in the cupboards don’t seem to do dim.
ALSO - you can have it so that the strip light under the work surface comes on when you open the doors, it lights up the back when you get in without having to manually turn it on!
Set the cab interior lights to auto (to come on when you open doors) then when door is open, press the strip light button twice. It will flash twice to let you know it’s activated. Hey presto. Then reverse method if you want to turn off. I found this out this weekend and I’m chuffed. It’s also in the book :headbang doh

Does this mean it runs off the Engine battery rather than the leisure ones then?

If you have three zone climatronic aircon, the button is located on the right hand of the main control panel, marked Rest.

Can someone spell out what the test function does please? On handover, the dealer said it made the fans run at full...

Can someone spell out what the test function does please? On handover, the dealer said it made the fans run at full...
Test or Rest?

The Rest Function just switches on the fans and uses the latent heat in the Engine Coolant to keep the interior warm for about 30 minutes or so, with the Ignition OFF.

Its a Rest not a Test function. It is designed to enable you to use the heat energy remaining in the engine/heating system for a short period (20 - 30 minutesish) after you have turned of the engine. The engine needs to have been up to full running temperature before you press the rest button otherwise you won't get much benifit.

The rest button operates a relay that starts a pump in the coolant system and also applies power to the fan speed switch.

Hello Loz,
Do you know how this function can be activated and what's involved? Is it something a dealer can do or does it need a different model of Discovery sat nav?
Best wishes,
Paul
Hi Paul, I trust you are both well?

It is another one of those activation jobbies, good luck finding a dealer capable of doing it.. :)

Thanks Loz,
Yes, we're still above ground.

I get SMG to take a look at it when it goes in for a service shortly. I'll bet they'll say no can do.

The rest button operates a relay that starts a pump in the coolant system and also applies power to the fan speed switch.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I made an autocorrect fail. I did mean REST, not test.

Very useful tip, thanks very much. I was always putting the lights on above the windows to see in the living area when I opened the door. Now it is illuminated in a subtle manner. I didn't think of trying 2 quick presses on the strip light button to turn the feature on, so I was scratching my head as to why it wasn't happening.

If you have three zone climatronic aircon, the button is located on the right hand of the main control panel, marked Rest.

If you have the Climatronic airco with three zones, as in our T5, you can bring the rest warmth from the motor to the rear of the cabin, by pushing both REST and REAR buttons.

Another nice feature of the Climatronic is, that you can defog of defrost the side windows in the passenger area, by pushing both the REAR button and the BLOWER button for the windshield. Of course you can do this by activating the blower function on the panel in the back, but I prefer operation from the front panel.

Regards from frosty Amsterdam,

Marc.

The little LED torch that you get on the right front seat rear kick panel in newer Cali's is magnetic.

The little LED torch that you get on the right front seat rear kick panel in newer Cali's is magnetic.

Ours only worked when the dealer showed us everything and now it refuses to shine!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Ours only worked when the dealer showed us everything and now it refuses to shine!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Ours was the same and then I changed the rechargeable batteries and it was fine.

Just realised yesterday my new Ocean has heated seats...
honestly had realised :oops:

The Last meet I went to somebody pointed out to me that when I turn the steering wheel with the lights on
The little driving lights at the bottom of the spoiler light up depending on what way you turn.
This got me thinking is there anything else it does that is not common knowledge :?:

Fog lights.

VW comfort mattress has two sides, being firm and soft...........

Please confirm.

Back