Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tip on travelling to Denmark

CannellWalker

CannellWalker

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Looking at heading to Denmark for a week or so this autumn.
Has anyone got some good tips or ideas on places to visit?

There's a great campsite near Copenhagen city centre, Charlottenlund Fort. Our kids also loved the Lalandia waterpark, just off the Rodby ferry from Germany. Another great site, about 30mins east of Rodby, in Nysted.

Lots of great attractions in Copenhagen, but it's also a fantastic city to just spend time mooching around. :)

Denmark, although small, is quite vast, spread over many islands. I think you have to decide where to go for a weekend.
A trip for the kids mainly might involve Legoland and Lalandia at Billund resort.
Skagen is great too.
Copenhagen is fantastic for food and shopping.

Cheers for the advice. Thinking we might save Copenhagen for another time or a dedicated trip. Legoland has been on my list of places to visit for a long time.

Legoland shuts the end of this month for winter, I will be there myself on Sat 29th. :)

Great campsite called Hillerod Camping in North Zealand with lots to do in the beautiful surrounding area.

If you find somewhere good can you please post on the forum. I'm looking for a 'stud' for my bitch and the breeder has just started murmuring about Denmark. If I travel to Europe for mating in January I will be staying at a friend / ex colleague near Groningen. So depending on where in Denmark (and how many 'visits' she needs) I could be needing a campsite to stay over / recover at between events... !

Back