Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travelling to France November 2021

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Not really a problem booster jabs are well on track in the UK so easy enough to be compliant
Problem mentioned as a caution to anyone NOT bothering with a Booster as may think that double jab will suffice.

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Booster booked on Friday and will test the NHS Covid system soon afterwards for updated status.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
M

Mickyb123

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
I can see every vaccination I have had in recent history on my nhs app. Might not show a QR code for booster but see no reason why it will not in the near future

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I can see every vaccination I have had in recent history on my nhs app. Might not show a QR code for booster but see no reason why it will not in the near future
Different systems. I’m sure it will come eventually, but not tomorrow, or next week.

Paulro

Paulro

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Bob
We are in the Algarve and I can only say what I have seen in the Lagoa area. GNR regulary carry out road checks on the N125. When they stop UK vehicles they now check the back of the vehicles. I have recently spoke with two families who were both fined 50€ for not having a UK badge.

A more pressing issue is the prevention of coastal wild camping, we watch the police patrol the known parking places on the cliff tops at dusk and move the campers on. I have been told campers have been fined for parking but this has not been substantiated.
I was in the Algarve a couple of weeks ago and was really surprised at the amount of vans wild camping, especially as I’ve read that police are clamping down on it. Very near to Lagoa too.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
A potential problem may arise from December 15th as Macron has said that the French must have a booster jab after the 6 months point or their Covid Pass will not be valid.

From that I'd expect that if over 6 months from 2nd jab and no Booster jab anyone from the UK will be regarded as not having a jab and subject to that regime. Quarantine etc.

This bits interesting because I read the same elsewhere, with French ski resorts to be instructed to check Covid apps before allowing skiers onto the lift systems…
At the moment, i have an issue where I won’t be able to have the booster.
I was hoping to get over to Chamonix in December for a much needed ski break.

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
This bits interesting because I read the same elsewhere, with French ski resorts to be instructed to check Covid apps before allowing skiers onto the lift systems…
At the moment, i have an issue where I won’t be able to have the booster.
I was hoping to get over to Chamonix in December for a much needed ski break.
France now have said that from 15 Dec if more than 6 months and 5 weeks since second Covid jab proof of a Booster will be required to comply with the TousAntiCovid pass being valid.

from that you would either need to be inside the 7 month period or take a trip ending before 15th Dec to comply.

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
This is getting interesting. We’re heading for Germany with an overnight in Spa.
Entry into Germany is fine with NHS app as is Belgium. However Belgium require testing on day 1or 2 ( local chemist). We only plan to do a quick 1 nighter in Belgium.
in addition, we will be entering Belgium from France, not England and entering Germany from Belgium.

I’m sure it’ll be fine :cheers

Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
This is getting interesting. We’re heading for Germany with an overnight in Spa.
Entry into Germany is fine with NHS app as is Belgium. However Belgium require testing on day 1or 2 ( local chemist). We only plan to do a quick 1 nighter in Belgium.
in addition, we will be entering Belgium from France, not England and entering Germany from Belgium.

Just got back from Hamburg after a 2 day work trip.

We had to complete below declaration for German authorities + save PDF to phone otherwise you couldn’t check in at the airport. Form was also checked at German border control on entry:

For way home. Had to complete UK passenger location form & book usual day 2 postal covid test (you need the test booking ref number to complete the passenger locator form).

You had to show NHS vaccination cert at every bar/restaurant with no exceptions. Also needed to wear face mask when you left the table to use the toilet etc.

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion

The requirement is to get from the UK into France.
Other Countries into France would need checking.

V

Vagophile

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I've just been reading in a camping car mag about "Attestation d'Accueil" which I know nothing about. Apparently travelling in France without one requires an individual to have proof of funds to the value of 120 Euros per day for the length of their stay.
This was brought up by a traveller who had been stopped by French gendarmes and asked to prove that he had the required funds (or access to them).

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I've just been reading in a camping car mag about "Attestation d'Accueil" which I know nothing about. Apparently travelling in France without one requires an individual to have proof of funds to the value of 120 Euros per day for the length of their stay.
This was brought up by a traveller who had been stopped by French gendarmes and asked to prove that he had the required funds (or access to them).
My horoscope says I’m going to win the lottery 5 times on the trot :pinkbanana

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Surely a California is proof of that ;)

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Latest GOV.UK Advise relates to Passport stamp, presume some haven't been stamped.

Check your passport is stamped if you enter or exit the Schengen area through France as a visitor. Border guards will use passport stamps to check you’re complying with the 90-day visa-free limit for short stays in the Schengen area. If relevant entry or exit stamps are not in your passport, border guards will presume that you have overstayed your visa-free limit

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Booster evidence in the pipeline as @WelshGas says-

From the Gov.UK

If you’ve had a COVID-19 booster vaccination​

The NHS COVID Pass for travel does not currently include COVID-19 booster vaccinations. The government is reviewing the implications and requirements of boosters for international travel certification. It is looking at whether and how booster vaccinations could be included in the NHS COVID Pass for travel.

VW California Club