Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Turbo Trainer

Just realised by bike cassette is a 10spd.
It’s also a discontinued Shimano Tiagra 12-30 cassette.
The Suito comes with an 11spd cassette.
So I now need to find a suitable 10 spd Tiagra replacement.

Nothing is ever straight forward...:headbang

Just realised by bike cassette is a 10spd.
It’s also a discontinued Shimano Tiagra 12-30 cassette.
The Suito comes with an 11spd cassette.
So I now need to find a suitable 10 spd Tiagra replacement.

Nothing is ever straight forward...:headbang
Can't you just whip off your 10spd cassette and put it on the Suito. It will come with all the required spacers and you won't need to buy another chain.

My delaying the decision making just got easier as I can’t get the one I’m after.

Trainer will be set up permanently and as it’s going to be used by the two of us it needs to be easily adjustable which narrows the options. I also don’t want to be tied to one system so that throws out the Peloton+ which is an improvement on the first Peloton.

Choice is the Tacx Neo Smart Bike

All I need to do now is find one and press the trigger.

Mike
Get on Wiggle..... plenty of choice at the moment and good delivery service.

Get on Wiggle..... plenty of choice at the moment and good delivery service.

Thanks. I’ve had an email alert set with Wiggle for a while but not in stock.

I’ve got to go down the smart bike route as multiple users and setup will be in a converted attic room and it’s not going to work dragging the bikes up there.

Mike

Can't you just whip off your 10spd cassette and put it on the Suito. It will come with all the required spacers and you won't need to buy another chain.

That’ll work.
However, I was planning on changing the cassette this season as the old one was wearing...

Really I want a new bike:)

The wife might actually kill me if i buy another cycle...

I've got an original Kickr & was a Zwift beta tester - just too lazy to use it enough & feel dreadful (for 10-minutes) when the monthly £12.99 invoice email arrives.

I'm the weak link as both are fantastic kit.

I bought a Kickr V5 a couple of months ago (I have a tacx Satori now sat in a bag). Impressed by both it and Zwift. Really does make turbo sessions bearable.
For cassettes, if you can’t get hold of what you need, check the freehub compatability on your trainer. My EPS bike has packed up so I’ve had to fit a Wahoo Campagnolo freehub and Miche 10 SPD cassette so I can put an older bike on there.

I bought a Kickr V5 a couple of months ago (I have a tacx Satori now sat in a bag). Impressed by both it and Zwift. Really does make turbo sessions bearable.
For cassettes, if you can’t get hold of what you need, check the freehub compatability on your trainer. My EPS bike has packed up so I’ve had to fit a Wahoo Campagnolo freehub and Miche 10 SPD cassette so I can put an older bike on there.

I must be a bit odd.
Im quite liking the turbo sessions. But then again, I enjoy spin and most people I come across, hate spin...

Tunes on, head down.

We have a Tacx Neo but my wife has set it up next to my beer fridge in the store room which is a bit dangerous when I finish a ride... And the only time she uses the ironing board is to hold her iPad when she’s on the turbo!!EDC8888C-24A0-4D3C-AEF9-8DDBB596746D.jpeg

Have an Elite Diretto smart trainer paired with 4K Apple TV. Usually run FulGaz (for virtual real world rides) or zwift.

Its pretty immersive with a decent size TV I bought on gumtree.

170E7649-0214-4BFE-A465-A5852B657D78.png

I've got an original Kickr & was a Zwift beta tester - just too lazy to use it enough & feel dreadful (for 10-minutes) when the monthly £12.99 invoice email arrives.

I'm the weak link as both are fantastic kit.
I was a beta tester too and still use it but no where near as much as I used to.

I have a Kickr Snap which works without removing the back wheel, so it’s easy to get back out in the real world on my bike when the weather allows. I tried it with Zwift for several months with mixed results. I now have the £12.99/m Peleton subscription and much prefer it. Who doesn’t like being told they are an ‘awesome athlete’ by young American fitness instructors?!? I added the cadence sensor (c£30) which helps me get the most out of the classes. Peleton also has post ride stretches, yoga, Pilates.... Don’t imagine I’ll be paying my expensive gym membership again any time soon.

Wahoo Kickr and Fulgaz or Rouvy. I’ve ridden over 40,000 miles in the last 10 years and about 25% of that has been on turbo’s. The Kickr is the best turbo I’ve ridden hands down

KickR seems to be getting some great feedback here...

So this arrived this morning :cool:

View attachment 72264

Where did you order from @willwander

I ordered from Zwift. Having issues with regards to Brexit/Import VAT problems.
Currently 19 days held up in Holland...

Jan 22 2021 12:00 pm
The package is delayed due to a BREXIT related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
Eindhoven, Netherlands

Where did you order from @willwander

I ordered from Zwift. Having issues with regards to Brexit/Import VAT problems.
Currently 19 days held up in Holland...

Jan 22 2021 12:00 pm
The package is delayed due to a BREXIT related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
Eindhoven, Netherlands
Chain Reaction

I’ve had email alerts set up all over for ages, had a few through but always gone by the time I’d clicked on them. Chain Reaction have been good, only ordered 2 days ago. Out of stock again now. They all went within 10 mins of me getting the email.

Chain Reaction

I’ve had email alerts set up all over for ages, had a few through but always gone by the time I’d clicked on them. Chain Reaction have been good, only ordered 2 days ago. Out of stock again now. They all went within 10 mins of me getting the email.

I’d missed Chain reaction. Alert now set.
Missed one from Wiggle the other day whilst watching a naff film. Was gutted.

Mike

You will have to let us know how you get on with the bike.
If I had a bit more room, I would have gone down the smart bike route.
Hopefully my renovation will be finished in a couple of years from now and I will build a designated space for one.

Hopefully my renovation will be finished in a couple of years from now and I will build a designated space for one.

Will do.
One of my sons has a turbo, linked to zwift, and loves it.
Bike is the right route for us as we have the perfect room for it and will be used by both me and the wife and my sons when they visit.
Evidently the Tacx is fairly easy to adjust and we will have the option of using with Zwift and Peloton which the boss likes the sound of without being tied to them.
Ideally linked to the TV I have in that room via Apple TV.

Mike

If only. Our house is tiny.