Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Turbo Trainer

Mike

Thanks for the tip. Checked Chain Reactions and they had a Tacx Flux 2 trainer in stock. So just ordered.
Had a refund from Zwift yesterday for the Suito Elite which had been stuck at port in Holland since January 4th.
Zwift couldn’t give me a delivery date as the issue was related to Brexit and DPD exporting issues.

That’s brilliant. I had alerts set with a number and it was @willwander post about chain reaction that reminded me about them and set an alert.

Mike

Cheers Will
Power of the forum, to keep us all spinning :cool:

Oh no ! You definitely NEED a fan when indoor riding , found out the hard way eh ?

Just ordered one of these, seem to get good reviews.
You can get £10 off if you use discount code GS10 at checkout

Originally a carpet dryer, but they are now selling way more of these to indoor trainers

Last edited:
Another option for fan is Wahoo kickr headwind, which looks amazing, but is quite a bit more expensive.

Mike

Thanks for the tip. Checked Chain Reactions and they had a Tacx Flux 2 trainer in stock. So just ordered.
Had a refund from Zwift yesterday for the Suito Elite which had been stuck at port in Holland since January 4th.
Zwift couldn’t give me a delivery date as the issue was related to Brexit and DPD exporting issues.

Hope your order is OK.

Just got an email from PayPal saying my payment was refunded.
Sent an email to the supplier but not expecting any positive response.

Mike

Hope your order is OK.

Mike

When I ordered, it said ready to despatch on the 28th.
No confirmation email to say it has been despatched yet...
Did make me wonder.

I also couldn’t order the trainer with a British plug, so opted for the European and thought I would use an adapter plug.

Let’s see :-(

Did make me wonder.

I also couldn’t order the trainer with a British plug, so opted for the European and thought I would use an adapter plug.

Yep mine says the same.

I was concerned as I could monitor online and hadn’t changed prim processing.

Mike

Hey Mike

I just got in touch with CR.
My order is currently out for delivery and scheduled to arrive today.
I should of had a confirmation email yesterday, but it never arrived.

:)

Did make me wonder.

Mine had the EU 'adapter', it's just the kettle lead that plugs into the back.
I swapped mine for a UK kettle lead off an old laptop. Or you can buy them for a couple of quid.
Works fine.

Mine had the EU 'adapter', it's just the kettle lead that plugs into the back.
I swapped mine for a UK kettle lead off an old laptop. Or you can buy them for a couple of quid.
Works fine.
If it’s for the UK market, it should come supplied with a UK 3 pin Plug.

Easy to work around with an adapter, but would ask seller to supply correct lead in case you have any warranty issues at a later date.

If it’s for the UK market, it should come supplied with a UK 3 pin Plug.

Easy to work around with an adapter, but would ask seller to supply correct lead in case you have any warranty issues at a later date.

When I checked the stock levels a couple of days ago. It was zero with the UK plug and 5 units with Euro.
Therefore, it was only possible to get the Euro version.

On a plus point.
Mines just turned up. So will get the spanner’s out tomorrow.
Thanks @T6 CFO for the heads up :thumb

Vacmaster, I’m a big fan :thumb

Gave it a go today. Small, fairly quiet, blows a gale, nice narrow spread of air, really pleased with it.

I’ve got it set up with a remote control plug, I can start with it turned off, then press the remote to start it once I’m warmed up.

CB0CB280-7345-4BE5-8445-6AB79B579184.jpeg

Hope your order is OK.

Mike

Got another one ordered and showing as processed with expected delivery of the 19th.

Tip if you have an alert set.

Chain reaction and wiggle are same company and I set up accounts on both with alerts.
Chain reaction one activated but showed not in stock so went to wiggle where I was able to order, all done in less than a minute.
5 minutes later Wiggle alert activated but they were already out of stock.

Mike

Mike.
Did you get your bike yet...?

Arriving tomorrow.

Was due Monday but couriers couldn’t locate it in the warehouse. Had me worried for a while.

Mike
Brilliant.
Which bike did you go for in the end...?
Was it the Tacx...?

I’ll be there.

Got Apple TV set up so I can stream Zwift to the TV and will just have to get set up and familiar with it.

I was a runner turned cyclist so a lightweight on a bike. After nearly 3 years serious grind on renovating a house I have seriously lost my aerobic fitness. I know the process to get back so steady to start with then I’ll let you kill me in Zwift.

I’m signed up to WhatsApp and been observing

Mike

I’ll be there.

Got Apple TV set up so I can stream Zwift to the TV and will just have to get set up and familiar with it.

I was a runner turned cyclist so a lightweight on a bike. After nearly 3 years serious grind on renovating a house I have seriously lost my aerobic fitness. I know the process to get back so steady to start with then I’ll let you kill me in Zwift.

I’m signed up to WhatsApp and been observing

Mike
No need to stream, there's an AppleTV app for Zwift. Very stable.

No need to stream, there's an AppleTV app for Zwift. Very stable.

Thanks Jim got the App loaded up and it’s great on the TV which was why I opted for Apple TV route.

I had an old version of Apple TV but the 4th generation 4K one is a big leap forward with the Apps.

Sending the data from the bike was more what I meant but it looks like connection should be fairly straight forward with Bluetooth.

Mike

I bought a Kickr Core from these guys a few weeks back, after a mate said they got stock frequently. I filled in the 'contact me' section and had an email a day or so later.

Very pleased with the Core, easy to set up and is quite a bit nicer than my old Tacx Vortex. I had to drop my FTP a bit in Zwift though as the Vortex must have been overriding and my regular training sessions were killing me :)

It's going to save me a few aid on blue tyres as well as I was on my second and that was very thin in the middle when I removed it.

I bought a Kickr Core from these guys a few weeks back, after a mate said they got stock frequently. I filled in the 'contact me' section and had an email a day or so later.

Very pleased with the Core, easy to set up and is quite a bit nicer than my old Tacx Vortex. I had to drop my FTP a bit in Zwift though as the Vortex must have been overriding and my regular training sessions were killing me :)

It's going to save me a few aid on blue tyres as well as I was on my second and that was very thin in the middle when I removed it.

Come join our Cali group on zwift