Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Urgent advice needed?

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all.

I'm due to collect our new T6 Ocean from the dealer on Saturday morning but he has just called and and told me that a couple of extras have been added that are not on the order and would I mind paying for them!

The extras are 1) the 2nd usb socket on the dash and 2) Bluetooth premium - I haven't ordered the sat nav package so I wasn't aware there was an optional pack available?! Either way, I don't want it or need it.

Also, he's saying that they forgot to add road tax and registration fees to the order so I'll have to pay that as well!

We ordered through drive the deal and all their prices include on the road costs do I don't really know what they're on about.

Can they legally ask for more money at the last minute? The total extra they want is over £800!!

I have so far resisted telling them where to go.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Cheers. Dan.

On the extra options I would tell them where to go. I suspect the Bluetooth Premium is the Bluetooth with wifi and coupling lan £294. I believe on some early orders the dealers forgot to add this if you went for the Discover Media Satnav package. My dealer tells me it is a must if you do. I was getting it anyway so not a problem. Error by dealer/VW in not telling you!

Edit:

Just read your post again and see you didn't order satnav so ?

Mike

I have Discover Media Satnav package and do not have Bluetooth with wifi and coupling.

Sounds like someone cocked up but I would stand your ground (for as long as possible because I assume you are desperate to get your hands on the van!).

Thanks for the quick reply. I think he said it was "Bluetooth hands free without coupling box" does anyone know how that differs from the standard Bluetooth that comes as standard?

Give the Citizens Advice Bureau, CAB, a ring.
Find the number on the Internet.

Just pay what it says on the invoice. Full stop...
You have a written contract.
You're not liable for their mistakes.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I've emailed back with so I'll see what they say!:thumb

I would very politely but firmly tell them "it's unfortunate they didn't double check their documents before ordering and there is no reason why I should now be asked to pay for something I didn't ask for, so sorry, but I'm not paying for it..."

On the tax / registration - go through the small print on your docs and see if it's mentioned as 'on the road'. If it is, then again, "I'm very sorry but error seems to be at your end...".

Keep your cool, be reasonable but firm and good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think he said it was "Bluetooth hands free without coupling box" does anyone know how that differs from the standard Bluetooth that comes as standard?
Dan,
I was under the impression that the premium bluetooth option has an additional feature which helps amplify your phone signal. No idea how that works though !!

Good luck :)
Tom

Good news!! Just had the call back and they are prepared to cover the cost themselves.

I can get back to being excited at picking it up on Saturday.

Many thanks to everyone who gave advice. This forum is fantastic.

Ps. Tommy, I think you're right about the Bluetooth amplifying the phone signal.

Dan.

Good news!! Just had the call back and they are prepared to cover the cost themselves.

I can get back to being excited at picking it up on Saturday.

Many thanks to everyone who gave advice. This forum is fantastic.

Ps. Tommy, I think you're right about the Bluetooth amplifying the phone signal.

Dan.
Good outcome Dan, nice one!
Look forward to seeing your van pics - enjoy Saturday :thumb

Excellent stuff. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pleased sorted out Dan.
Same dealer for our order. No wonder they haven't replied to my email today !!

Agreed, he didn't have much choice, ha,It was either that or receive a b*ll*cking / no bonus for messing up the order. Good result though.

I didn't blame the guy for asking. His manager probably told him to ask and see what I said! The guy I was originally dealing with has left so he naturally got the blame (the previous guy) and to be fair it probably was his fault. Can't fault Eurovans for everything else though, I'll leave a review after the handover on Saturday.

Pleased sorted out Dan.
Same dealer for our order. No wonder they haven't replied to my email today !!
:rolleyes: Yes apologies for that. I've been very demanding today! Did you collect yours this week?

:rolleyes: Yes apologies for that. I've been very demanding today! Did you collect yours this week?

We wish. Just wanting an update.
Ordered January,unconfirmed build date changed week 17 to week 23.

Enjoy your handover. Will be interested to hear how it goes.

We wish. Just wanting an update.
Ordered January,unconfirmed build date changed week 17 to week 23.

Enjoy your handover. Will be interested to hear how it goes.

:( Sorry I think I confused you with another member. Hopefully you'll get a confirmed build date soon.

I'll let you know how it all goes and post some pics. Hearing everyone else's experiences have really helped while we waited.

Back