Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Factory Tour Hannover - [Archived]

Ask them to get a move on with my van whilst you are there would you. Two weeks ago I was told by VWUK that it was built. Today I was told its at Production Point 7. Almost complete. Oryx white 204 Dsg ocean with black cascavels. Tell them to pull their finger out. Its 2 months late already.
I was told mine was at point 7 last week, I phoned dealer today to be told it's at the port. Yours should be right behind mine as you said last week your was at quality control. Mine also is oryx white, 204 Dsg.

I wish everyone a great day and for those who are going to visit the factories some new and great impressions from "ou" beloved VW California.

Well...just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....the GB magnetic sticker has now been stolen from the end of the van. I was verbally abused by an elderly couple on the train back from Amsterdam. ' madam in our country silent means silent. You voted for Brexit and that is your choice' All I was doing was speaking very quietly to my husband. I thought the silent carriages were like our quiet ones...apparently not but no need at all to be so rude. Another guy was talking on his phone but they ignored him.
I want to go home ASAP and never come back here. I never thought that I would say this but actually I am glad we have voted for Brexit,
My precious camper has been vandalised and I have been verbally abused. Very clearly we from the UK are not welcome in this country and that is fine by me. I never want to return.
Wow! Just read your story - dreadful! Hope your windscreen is sorted out (today?) and Bruges give you a better welcome.
For what its worth I have been to The Netherlands, inc Amsterdam, many times (too many to remember) and never had a hint of anti-Britishness. You must have had rotten luck.
Bruges is beautiful. Enjoy the canals and cafe culture, oh, and the architecture and put the "Dutch" experience behind you.

Am I pleased to see this guy...he is my hero!
New windscreen will take two hours then Bruges here we come

View attachment 20776
Very sad to catch up with your terrible experience. Really feel for you. We were all devastated to hear about your bad luck. We went to Bruge on Sunday. Lovely place and very welcoming. Hope you have a good time there.

We are at Wolfsburg campsite , visiting VW Autostadt tomorrow!

Thanks everyone of you for beeing at Hannover .

The campsite owner was very happy with our group and said we where all nice people , very pleased with our visit!
Thanks
@Rich20
@Swissian
@Martin

Special thanks to @sapto !

Thank you team:
@Swissian
@sapto
@hotel california
@Rich20
@Martin

Look forward to organize the next visit with you guys :) in 2018.

And thank you to everyone who took part to this tour/adventure in Hannover. If you got any feedback, please let us know. We like to improve and if you say it in a kind way we are happy to change for the next visit ;)

My post possibly got lost a bit further up, but just to say thank you again to:

@Swissian
@sapto
@hotel california
@Rich20

This meet and the tour would not have happened if it was not for you guys.

I'd like to add my thanks too. Great to meet fellow Cali owners, two really interesting visits. Fascinating to see how the Cali is put together. A wonderful first longer trip in our new Ocean. Cheers guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolute disaster here. Staying at the van der valk Eindhoven and been out for a meal. Have come back and went to check on the Cali. Someone has smashed his windscreen. Can't drive it. There is a huge youth hockey tournament going on next door and I suspect it has been hit with a hockey stick. Awful place. NEVER stay here! Noisy, full of badly behaved kids and they have vandalised my precious camper. I want to cry.
Hope to see you in Hanover but chances look slim. Very very unhappy.
Gillian - I have only just seen this. What an awful thing to happen, I feel so sad for you.

Please don't let it put you off European travel - decent people vastly outnumber the few rude people in every country anywhere.

Autostadt is realy amazing...!
IMG_5669.JPG
IMG_5670.JPG
The towers

IMG_5591.JPG
Museum
IMG_5621.JPG
IMG_5644.JPG
You can spent a whole day having fun!
The place is huge and very very nice gardens to walk in .
The pavillions are amazing disigned.
15€/ticket , a must see!

Gillian - I have only just seen this. What an awful thing to happen, I feel so sad for you.

Please don't let it put you off European travel - decent people vastly outnumber the few rude people in every country anywhere.

Thanks Tom and thanks to everyone for their good wishes.

We are home now safely. The Cali performed superbly throughout the whole journey and at least I have had some experience now of driving on the 'wrong' side of the road. Negotiating the ring road round Antwerp at 5.30 yesterday evening was a character building experience!

Who knows, one day we might have another organised tour and we will make that one but meanwhile really looking forward to meeting more of you good people nearer to home.

From us too . Thanks to all the team for organising a fantastic trip to Hannover and to Wem especially for making us so welcome . Even Caligirl really enjoyed it ! Fascinating to see the whole build process . And now we know what they're doing to the edge of the roof . We'll have to look out for the first 2 tone black and grey Cali heading for Uk . We met lots of really nice people from I think 7 different countries .

We've just spent 2 nights at Camping Buitenlust which is a working farm near Spakenburg not far from Amsterdam . Just 4 Cara/Campervans . Lots of farm animals and wildlife .Cycled to Spakenburg in the sunshine . Saw the old working boats being repaired with massive pieces of oak and much more . Back through the tunnel tomorrow.

Anyway thanks again to all the team who made this happen . Oh and put us down for Champagne trip Wem please .

Last edited:
From us too . Thanks to all the team for organising a fantastic trip to Hannover and to Wem especially for making us so welcome . Even Caligirl really enjoyed it ! Fascinating to see the whole build process . And now we know what they're doing to the edge of the roof . We'll have to look out for the first 2 tone black and grey Cali heading for Uk . We met lots of really nice people from I think 7 different countries .

We've just spent 2 nights at Camping Buitenlust which is a working farm near Spakenburg not far from Amsterdam . Just 4 Cara/Campervans . Lots of farm animals and wildlife .Cycled to Spakenburg in the sunshine . Saw the old working boats being repaired with massive pieces of oak and much more . Back through the tunnel tomorrow.

Anyway thanks again to all the team who made this happen . Oh and put us down for Chapagne trip Wem please .

Thanks for the tip on Gaaspar, @Trebor; just had a very pleasant day exploring Amsterdam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And now we know what they're doing to the edge of the roof .
Glad you had a great time at Hannover but can you tell me what they are doing to the edge of the roof? Good or bad solution??

Glad you had a great time at Hannover but can you tell me what they are doing to the edge of the roof? Good or bad solution??

As i got to hear from my dealer at Camper Centrum Nederland at Amersfoort and told here in other topics they put a tape arround the roof edge to prevent (or slow down...) the corrosion.
I knew this was beeing done by CCN since last november at the roof repairs they do .
Now it seems the tape is factory fitted...

As i got to hear from my dealer at Camper Centrum Nederland at Amersfoort and told here in other topics they put a tape arround the roof edge to prevent (or slow down...) the corrosion.
I knew this was beeing done by CCN since last november at the roof repairs they do .
Now it seems the tape is factory fitted...
Thanks Wim, this fix at the VW level had passed me by (must have been sleeping!). Do we know from when VW made this change? It means some T6's have the tape and some don't.

If this is a VW approved fix, should we not be pressing for its application to all roofs?

is this a joke ? how many posts on roof rot ...? 20 odd cali owners on a factory tour and one cryptic clue on a change of roof "build" ..... i like jabbawocky must have been asleep ....

A joke? Why? It was quite clearly explained and discussed during the tour. We saw them apply it when they showed us assembling a roof. We were all standing around it. They put a blank sealing tape around the roof's edge before they put the rubber on. We saw them do it, and when asked the guide explained they do that since about 6 months, now. Wim challenged that with the guide: when Wim was in the factory in November of last year, they weren't doing it yet. So it may be since approx 5 months that they do that now.

There's plenty to discus in other topics about the roof corrosion.
We just say what we have seen , do you realy think VW is going to go in detail on this during a factory tour....?
I asked about the tape they say it is to prevent the corrosion , if there was a diffrent rubber used , answer : yes ...but i do not belive it .End of story....

Back