Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California T6 Recall

"T6 Transporter/Mulitvan recall - proeblem with water ingress when using presure washer for vans fitted with Electric Side Sliding Door and "electric tailgate" ...

Am I to presume this is a fully operating opening/closing powered tailgate or the "soft close" version?

Have had my Cali from new since 2019 (2018 build). No problems washing it by hand.

This year have used a pressure washer on the vehicle for the first time - twice only as a rinse off.
The Cali has developed major problem with the door now not opening correctly, juddering scrawping noise, often needs 2-3 handle pulls and a severe battery drain (12.8 -> 11.0 in 24 hours) requiring constant connection to the hock-up.
However since removing the 40 amp door fuse - the battery drain has ceased and the most likely cause of the short is related to the door electric components.

Recall notice 58D7 - reported 04/07/2019 - ( EC Report-2019-027) - Alert A12/0979/19
identifies the problem have been found in European countries but not having occurred in the UK - may because Multis/Trans in UK have LHS doors whereas Eu vehicles will be the same as Cali, RHS doors.
Seems entirely consistent the problem on my California.
Has any one else either had a door problem similar to this or had their Cali "recalled or fixed" as a result of this notice?

pdf attached
My electric door won't close without me helping it and I do use a pressure washer. Not been to the garage yet.

My electric door won't close without me helping it and I do use a pressure washer. Not been to the garage yet.
I've just phoned the garage and they say there are no recalls outstanding on my California which is 2018 204 BHP

I've just phoned the garage and they say there are no recalls outstanding on my California which is 2018 204 BHP
I’ve been told that numerous times when I’ve booked in for a service only for them to suddenly discover it needs several updates when I’ve taken it in.

Back