Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Camping Shower

Apart from the polystyrene storage tray it’s all made by Reich.

Just google something like “reich external shower”

Picking up an old thread...

I've just ordered one of the Decathlon pump-up showers. I see the new model is 10L where the old one was 8L, but otherwise it looks much the same.

I've seen others talking about warming the water up with a kettle, in the absence of British sunshine. I was wondering if anyone had tried an immersion heater like this one? Seems as if it could perhaps be a good combination, either it it would fit in the shower bag directly, or to warm up a bucket of water before pouring it in. I thought it might make it easier to get the temperature right?

Picking up an old thread...

I've just ordered one of the Decathlon pump-up showers. I see the new model is 10L where the old one was 8L, but otherwise it looks much the same.

I've seen others talking about warming the water up with a kettle, in the absence of British sunshine. I was wondering if anyone had tried an immersion heater like this one? Seems as if it could perhaps be a good combination, either it it would fit in the shower bag directly, or to warm up a bucket of water before pouring it in. I thought it might make it easier to get the temperature right?
We've got the decathlon shower (old model = 8L) and it is brilliant, we can get 2 showers including a hair wash out of it, but 10L will be even better. We find it fine adding cold water first, then hot (but not boiling hot) water from the kettle. We haven't found it a problem to get the temp right, we always test a bit first obviously.

I am really interested in getting a shower and regardless of type would intend to use in toilet / shower tent. I know on foreign sites they are much more relaxed about external showering due to hot temperatures but can anyone tell me view of uk campsites especially say “camping and caravan or caravan and motor home sites” in particular whether they allow the shower grey water to just soak away or whether they require some form of water catcher, or just plain prohibit
I have already ordered toilet tent but am waiting on shower unit until this is clear, otherwise no point.
Except perhaps abroad, and of course not to mention the C word maybe rules have changed everywhere except wild camping and the lay-bys

I am really interested in getting a shower and regardless of type would intend to use in toilet / shower tent. I know on foreign sites they are much more relaxed about external showering due to hot temperatures but can anyone tell me view of uk campsites especially say “camping and caravan or caravan and motor home sites” in particular whether they allow the shower grey water to just soak away or whether they require some form of water catcher, or just plain prohibit
I have already ordered toilet tent but am waiting on shower unit until this is clear, otherwise no point.
Except perhaps abroad, and of course not to mention the C word maybe rules have changed everywhere except wild camping and the lay-bys
It would appear that a toilet in a toilet tent will not be allowed so certainly not a shower, in the UK.

I would be surprised if many campsites would be happy with shower/grey water being drained onto pitches. Some sites I’ve been to are happy for grey water being poured into the hedges but definitely not directly onto pitch.

Yes just saw that post but waiting to hear how widely this is policy
Frankly it feels quite draconian to me but in all the uncertainty and indeed paranoia they it may well be the case at least initially
Clearly a disaster for this forums members

Yes just saw that post but waiting to hear how widely this is policy
Frankly it feels quite draconian to me but in all the uncertainty and indeed paranoia they it may well be the case at least initially
Clearly a disaster for this forums members
CL sites might be different.

There is a video on YouTube of an interview with Director General of Motorhome & Caravan Club. He said toilet facilities in most of their sites would open with social distancing extra cleaning n place and that he expected some would use their own facilities. No mention at all of not allowing Campervan’s with toilet tents.

Remember the caravan and motorhome club were the last ones to close, it was only severe damage to reputation that made them close. How you can safely have 2m distance from someone in a shower block is impossible, what if you need to walk behind someone who is cleaning their teeth to get to the cubicles ? The only way they could do it is by having a queing system outside and oh what great fun that would be when you are dying for a poop

Remember the caravan and motorhome club were the last ones to close, it was only severe damage to reputation that made them close. How you can safely have 2m distance from someone in a shower block is impossible, what if you need to walk behind someone who is cleaning their teeth to get to the cubicles ? The only way they could do it is by having a queing system outside and oh what great fun that would be when you are dying for a poop
Personally I don’t think it would be such a problem on their sites. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if the majority of caravan and Motorhome owners used their own facilities, leaving the blocks to the few campervan clients.

What about all those sites for members only that don't have toilet and shower facilities. Just water, power, Rubbish bins and hook up.
There is no real reason they cannot open if people maintain the social distancing.
Oh and of course have their own shower and toilet.

Some great info on this thread.
I was considering adding the factory shower option for washing the dog but not at £350!

This is just as effective for showering - just fill a bottle with heated water and reusable for years! bottleshower.JPG

We have had a good test of this shower and works brilliantly and is well made.

Very easy to fit, you just unscrew the black part on the tap and replace it with the one that comes with the shower, the shower hose then just screws onto the attachment... 2 minutes to fit.

The shower comes with a 1.5m hose which is plenty to reach out the window next to the sink and has plenty of power to wash down a muddy dog or rinse off your surfboards

View attachment 10068

View attachment 10069

View attachment 10070
We have had a good test of this shower and works brilliantly and is well made.

Very easy to fit, you just unscrew the black part on the tap and replace it with the one that comes with the shower, the shower hose then just screws onto the attachment... 2 minutes to fit.

The shower comes with a 1.5m hose which is plenty to reach out the window next to the sink and has plenty of power to wash down a muddy dog or rinse off your surfboards

View attachment 10068

View attachment 10069

View attachment 10070
Hi, very late to this post, I have tried searching online though unable to find this accessory. Is it still available?

Kind regards, Dan