reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone selling a set of these?

Thanks

Dont do it. They are horrible. I sold mine for £65 for the 4 (after 9k miles) and told the guy that the ride was horrible and that's why they were no longer on the Cali

Dont do it. They are horrible. I sold mine for £65 for the 4 (after 9k miles) and told the guy that the ride was horrible and that's why they were no longer on the Cali

Odd, we had them on our previous T5 2014 and they were the best thing we ever did!

Great investment and good to live with. I changed them out and opted for the eibach coil over upgrade through Vw. Well worth it at the time. Sorts the vans ride and comfort out instantly

Back ok. Front .....just plain horrible. When I was a kid I drove a dumper that had a better ride. I lost count of the times I was bounced out of my seat and hit my head on the nearby road where we live. At 6ft 5in I dont have that much clearance.

Mine is on Koni Komfort B14 Coilovers - well worth the investement

Back ok. Front .....just plain horrible. When I was a kid I drove a dumper that had a better ride. I lost count of the times I was bounced out of my seat and hit my head on the nearby road where we live. At 6ft 5in I dont have that much clearance.

Was yours a T6.1 by any chance? They figured out they needed to add something extra to them otherwise caused issues.

Lol. A lower spring thats not progressive (like the B14) provides more comfort? Lower and stiffer doesn't equal comfort

Sorts the vans ride and comfort out instantly
Can someone please explain how shorter springs make the California ride more comfortable? :confused:

Can someone please explain how shorter springs make the California ride more comfortable? :confused:

I don’t know technically how, but I’ve had them installed (the VW 30mm lowering springs) and as stated, best thing I ever did.

They reduce / stop the wallow around corners and when breaking.

My wife who has no interest in these things was amazed how much difference they made.

If you search the forum I think you’ll see the feedback is nearly all positive.

So dampers then not springs.

They don’t, they just allow the vehicle to sit lower relative to the road.
If the shorter spring is stiffer/softer than the original then you will notice a difference in ride quality. Often the shorter springs are the same rating so make no difference.

People spend a disproportionate amount of time/money trying to improve on what the VW engineering department achieved.
In reality it’s just the garbage roads in this country.

Take a standard van across the channel and you’d never think there was an issue.

So dampers then not springs.
Nope because the dampers where fine for the proceeding 35k miles. Imagine an incorrect spring rate and how that would work on a vehicle. It wasn't a rebound issue.

Interesting to note that it appears Eibach offers a comfortextra lowering spring however at the cost you might as well go for coilovers

We may have some. They’re 30 mm lowered springs, as supplied by VW. Not sure whether they’re Eibach. Will check when home tomorrow and will let you know.
@reserves Taken a look and whilst they don’t have Eibach printed on them, they are genuine VW and were supplied on our T6.1 when new. The part numbers are 677 & 677a.
Looking at other posts suggests that Eibach supply VW.
Send me a PM if interested and we can agree a price.

IMG_1001.jpeg

IMG_1002.jpeg

Back