Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Grand California photos Frankfurt show

The crafter is only £5k more that the Transporter isn’t it?
For a panel van yes - I paid £21k (+vat) for my T6 Highline in 2016 and £26k (+vat) for my current Crafter Highline.
For a California XXL it will be somewhat different I think!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wow, the future but whats going on with the design? o_O Beluga Whale comes to mind.Screenshot_20180706-083325_Chrome.jpg

This aint no Cali, its a fully fledged motorhome. The real cali can do skips runs, school runs, parking in underground car parks (well not all), throwing a washing machine in the back (why, cos you can), using it for work, stealth camping, driving down small streets AND a campervan!! Imagine after 3 years, and out of warranty, ooooh the things that can go wrong with this (but suppose thats any motorhome really)

Just had a scary thought, what happens if your using the toilet and someone starts to close it like some baddie scene off a James Bond movie :shocked:shocked:shocked:eek::eek:

Link to marketing video......

I suspect that it will be very expensive to buy and run. For me, the interior also seem very 'clinical' and lacks that homely feel. It has lots of electronic gadgets to go wrong which could be a pain in the bum. At 6.3 metres you are entering 'white whale' country ,so I'm not really sure what it's designed to compete with. That said, I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

It's an interesting concept though as it opens up a whole world of design possibilities.

If you're going to have an overhang then why not do it properly?!
image.jpeg

Why not go up and out as well?!
image.jpeg
Could this be the future for campervans as well?

I suspect that it will be very expensive to buy and run. For me, the interior also seem very 'clinical' and lacks that homely feel. It has lots of electronic gadgets to go wrong which could be a pain in the bum. At 6.3 metres you are entering 'white whale' country ,so I'm not really sure what it's designed to compete with. That said, I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

Lovely gloss, look how happy they are and how clean it is and no dog or kids in sight!

Looks wonderful in the videos!
Impractical for me as I need 2 metres height and mine is my only transport.
Impractical for most really as its a fully fledged motorhome with the California "versatility" badge.

Not practical as an every day vehicle but it will suit some. To be honest for the price I would look at another Hymer A Class.

Last edited:
Back