Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW to Start Shipping from Monday 25th May

Just spoke to the dealer and they are still giving an estimate of 9-10 weeks so effectively the same timescale I was given when I ordered it in February:( . This is a worst case scenario though so it could still turn up at the end of the month apparently...
I hope all goes as planned for you.

Has your van been built, or is that just delivery timescale?
They have no clue at the moment if its built or not! It was set for a build week of 14 originally, by the sounds of it VW are giving zero information out and just stating everything that should have been built during the lockdown will be built as a priority and that's about it.

They have no clue at the moment if its built or not! It was set for a build week of 14 originally, by the sounds of it VW are giving zero information out and just stating everything that should have been built during the lockdown will be built as a priority and that's about it.
Our T6.1 was build week 16, at the moment we have no info when it will be built/delivered. The dealer said he thought by the end of July, we want to go away in August for a few weeks but at the moment no idea if with our new California or the Yeti towing our Eriba. Really frustrating, going to have to just book campsites and see what happens I think :(

Hi

All vehicles that were due to be built during week 13-17 are going to be built by week 25. The dealers should be able to notify this as I have been able to notify my own customers that have been delayed by what’s been going on. Any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Brilliant thanks Tom, so if that’s the case then realistically baring covid-20 coming along they should all be delivered well with 10 weeks

Hi

All vehicles that were due to be built during week 13-17 are going to be built by week 25. The dealers should be able to notify this as I have been able to notify my own customers that have been delayed by what’s been going on. Any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Tom, is there any news on when shipping from Emden for those already built will start ?

Tom, is there any news on when shipping from Emden for those already built will start ?
At the moment they are waiting for the uk ports to clear there stock. We have had two deliveries from sheerness and that started from yesterday so shouldn’t be too long. Hope that makes sense.

It's been said before, but why can't the other dealers communicate like Breeze? I haven't bought my van from them but I will certainly be taking it there for servicing, and they are 2 hours from me.

It's been said before, but why can't the other dealers communicate like Breeze? I haven't bought my van from them but I will certainly be taking it there for servicing, and they are 2 hours from me.
Thanks for the kind words it’s very easy in terms of communication of these things it’s a difficult time and I can’t say I have all the answers but I try my best to help our customers.

Thanks for the kind words it’s very easy in terms of communication of these things it’s a difficult time and I can’t say I have all the answers but I try my best to help our customers.
Tom, there are a lot of sad people on here (including me!) desperately watching ships in Emden. Do Californias only get delivered to Sheerness, or can they also go to Grimsby/Tyne? Thank you.

Tom, there are a lot of sad people on here (including me!) desperately watching ships in Emden. Do Californias only get delivered to Sheerness, or can they also go to Grimsby/Tyne? Thank you.
Hi

no it will depend on where the dealer is based in the country at to what port the vehicle will go into.

Still no ship movements or changes to draughts :(.

Has anyone got any further update from their dealer or VW?

1591630160711.png

Yes coincindentally VWCC just emailed me to say
"Thank you for your continued patience with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.
Currently there is no new update on your new vehicle order.
Shipping of new vehicles is due to commence from today but we cannot provide a specific arrival date at this time.
I can confirm that your selling centre will be able to track the progress of your new vehicle and provide you with updates." Mmmmmm

Shipping of new vehicles is due to commence from today but we cannot provide a specific arrival date at this time.
I can confirm that your selling centre will be able to track the progress of your new vehicle and provide you with updates." Mmmmmm
Do VWCC proactively email you, or do you need to chase them every time? Funny how each update is along the lines of "it is due to start imminently".

Patience!? I have been waiting 10 months since I placed my order.

Do VWCC proactively email you, or do you need to chase them every time? Funny how each update is along the lines of "it is due to start imminently".

Patience!? I have been waiting 10 months since I placed my order.
I made a complaint as they provided completely wrong information 3 times, so a manager now drops me the odd pointless email me - he told me previously that shipping was starting from the 1st June.

I have just had a reply back from our dealer, no news either he is still waiting for an update on his system, this is what he copied from his computer:

"Production in week 18 will include vehicles planned for week 12 and earlier that were not completed ahead of unscheduled shutdown. Vehicles that were scheduled in the weeks during the shutdown – weeks 13 to 17 – will be built by week 25. This is subject to parts availability. Build weeks and order status will not update in SLI until they have received CKP8. The factory are operating with social distancing measures implemented on the production lines and ramp up will be gradual over the coming weeks. The movement of the completed vehicles depends on harbours in Emden and UK to start operating again. An update on port operations will be communicated shortly."

I have emailed my dealer end of last week and awaiting a response following the same response from VWCV.

Will let you know.

NEWS AT LAST - the Wesser Highway has started loading and is departing Emden this afternoon for Grimsby - that means the Malacca Highway should move onto the loading ramp and hopefully load tomorrow - will keep you posted.....
I just noticed that and came here to post the same! How sad are we!?!? :thumb I cannot believe I am tracking ships!

Phew so not the only one watching a screen and noting ship departing/loading times :)

So fingers crossed this means there might be movement on the shipment to UK, we still don't know when our California will be built but this is hopefully promising news!

Back