Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW to Start Shipping from Monday 25th May

Hahah, beat you to it !! who would have thought it, a combination of lockdown and VW is driving us mad....my wife thinks I'm a complete idiot

My wife knows im an idiot and still married me so more fool her i say ;)

NEWS AT LAST - the Wesser Highway has started loading and is departing Emden this afternoon for Grimsby - that means the Malacca Highway should move onto the loading ramp and hopefully load tomorrow - will keep you posted.....
The Weser Highway has just left Emden on it's way to Immingham, Grimsby - just waiting for the Malacca to pull round onto the loading ramp....just hope that doesn't take another 65 days....

The Weser Highway has just left Emden on it's way to Immingham, Grimsby - just waiting for the Malacca to pull round onto the loading ramp....just hope that doesn't take another 65 days....
Well done, the next sad question is how many vehicles does it carry, meaning Calis, now who is sad!

Counted them..... It was on the shipping line Kess's website. How can I ? theres a bloody lockdown on...... But your absolutely right, train spotting next (Bugger, probably just offended someone on here !)
When we eventually get them we will have to meet up.

Well if It doesn’t move before 15:00 I can’t see it moving At all as it normally leaves on a Friday for the approximately 22 hour crossing unloads Saturday and leaves Sunday/Monday

"Main Highway" is now on the loading dock. Queue jumper!

1591877632998.png

"Main Highway" is now on the loading dock. Queue jumper!

View attachment 60704
Main Highway I believe is due to leave shortly eta in Grimsby 14/06/20 at 10:30, hopefully the the Malacca Highway will slip in.

Let’s hope it’s happy days.

Main Highway I believe is due to leave shortly eta in Grimsby 14/06/20 at 10:30, hopefully the the Malacca Highway will slip in.

I assume that you, like me, have no idea whether your new vehicle will actually be on the first shipment of the Malacca Highway?

Haha, we're all up early watching ships again.... I bloody hope the Malacca does at last move onto the loading ramp. I was told delay was due to Sheerness slow in moving out backlog of vehicles. Yep, have no idea if mine will be on there, to date I have just been told it is awaiting shipping from Emden. However, I understand that if it does get on the ship, my dealer should be able to advise.....

Believe it to be in the factory compound at the moment. ☹️ Was completed 16 March.

Believe it to be in the factory compound at the moment. ☹ Was completed 16 March.
I feel your pain.

Ours was (partially) built week 51, then waited 2 months while they found a tow bar, then Storm Ciara stopped shipping for a week, then it got stuck at the back of a field and forgotten, then corona-thingy. Really hope VW can sort themselves out. Never has it been so difficult to spend so much cash.

Can’t believe it’s taken so long for yours to get here, week 51. Not that’s it here. Amazing. Recon by month end.

Can’t believe it’s taken so long for yours to get here, week 51. Not that’s it here. Amazing. Recon by month end.
I haven't bored you with what happened with our original T6 order. It is now over 10 months since we placed our Cali order. Not good, really quite fed up with VW.

I haven't bored you with what happened with our original T6 order. It is now over 10 months since we placed our Cali order. Not good, really quite fed up with VW.
Not sure who your dealer is but Breeze Poole have been really great, firstly when I ordered our first T6 October 2018 then with this order.

We have no idea when our California will be built (originally week 16) watching to see if Malacca Highway is moving, then hopefully dealer will start to have info about T6.1 built, delivered expected delivery? Question, is it just the Malacca Highway that transports VWs, to which port, our dealer is based in Norwich?

We have no idea when our California will be built (originally week 16) watching to see if Malacca Highway is moving, then hopefully dealer will start to have info about T6.1 built, delivered expected delivery? Question, is it just the Malacca Highway that transports VWs, to which port, our dealer is based in Norwich?
My understanding is that certain UK ports ship to certain dealers. Norwich is supplied by Sheerness which the Malacca Highway serves. From the time your vehicle is actually built it SHOULD only take 2-4 weeks to get to the dealer.

Thanks for this, we have book holiday campsites in Scotland (the ones we could!) from start of August based on use having our new California by then!!

Draft is now 5.3 of Main Highway

The Malacca Highway is now on its way to Sheerness fellow Ship Spotters - there must be a secret loading ramp in Emden - she now has a 6.5m draught.

Last edited:
Back