Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW to Start Shipping from Monday 25th May

On my ‘Ship Spotters’ app it is not moving, has changed position though

She's left the lock and on her way to Sheerness, now need to try and find out from my dealer if my van is on there - doubt it.......
Well, how sad we all are! No idea whether any of our vehicles are on this ship, but at least it has given us something to do! Here's hoping everyone's new vehicles are on this ship. Given VW's performance over the last 10 months, I am not getting too excited.

22.55 and still checking my ‘shipping spotter’ app and I have no idea if our T6.1 is on the ship but still excited!!! We were build week 16 (lockdown period) so don’t think so, at least things are moving again. Wonder if there is an app to watch the ship unloading

22.55 and still checking my ‘shipping spotter’ app and I have no idea if our T6.1 is on the ship but still excited!!! We were build week 16 (lockdown period) so don’t think so, at least things are moving again. Wonder if there is an app to watch the ship unloading
With all due respect, I think you might need to get out of the house a bit more!

I believe your build week finished it's build this week. I think it takes 2-4 weeks after that to be delivered.

I believe your build week finished it's build this week. I think it takes 2-4 weeks after that to be delivered.
I hope so that was what the dealer was told last week but not confirmed, hope now the carrier ship is in action the dealer/VW UK might have more info.

Great news,
Lets just hope they can clear the back log at sheerness.

Malacca Highway is unloading. Wonder if it will do another load this week? before Friday/Saturday

Last edited:
Malacca Highway is unloading. Wonder if it will do another load this week? before Friday/Saturday
How do you know this, you can’t see a T6.1 two tone white/bay leaf green Ocean with white awning and Davenport alloys can you :)

How do you know this, you can’t see a T6.1 two tone white/bay leaf green Ocean with white awning and Davenport alloys can you :)
Maybe there is a Webcam showing the unloading?

Thought it was down, the draught has gone from 6.5m to 5.7m..... so although the ship is rising, surely the draught is going down....

Listen to me......knew flip all about ships before I had to wait 6 months for a Cali, now talking like I'm the first lord of the admiralty !! Oh and by the way, she is now headed back to Emden steering a course at 59.1 degrees at a speed of 14.9 knots...

Listen to me......knew flip all about ships before I had to wait 6 months for a Cali, now talking like I'm the first lord of the admiralty !! Oh and by the way, she is now headed back to Emden steering a course at 59.1 degrees at a speed of 14.9 knots...
That made me chuckle!

Do you listen to this when you can't get to sleep?

And then, when it gets to the docks and unloaded, you have to wait for the transport companies to clear any backlog before yours gets delivered to the dealers, not that I have any grudges about the delays mind you.....(mine took over a week).;)

Nope - it's actually on all day every day together with the 156·525 MHz Maritime Mobile VHF service which is used exclusively for digital selective calling for distress, safety and calling (see Resolution 323 (Mob-87). 156·65 MHz GMDSS ship-to-ship communications relating to the safety of navigation. The Mrs is well pissed off, she wants Eastenders back on......

Nope - it's actually on all day every day together with the 156·525 MHz Maritime Mobile VHF service which is used exclusively for digital selective calling for distress, safety and calling (see Resolution 323 (Mob-87). 156·65 MHz GMDSS ship-to-ship communications relating to the safety of navigation. The Mrs is well pissed off, she wants Eastenders back on......
Have you been out at all since late March?

This constant Googling of the Malacca Highway now means that I am getting articles about container shipping in my Google feed! :oops:

Back