Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Transporter T7 hybrid mule spied wearing T6 clothing

Looks far too big to be a Sharan to me.. The Windscreen looks wider than the T6 behind. It looks like they’ve lowered the roofline by about an inch and reduced the ground clearance by another inch and it makes it look a lot lower! More in line with the MP.
Good luck finding yourself enough space in your new T7 California then.
And the screen looks wider because of the perspective view. The T6 is further away than the new Sharan, so the screen looks smaller.
And it's a lot lower (but most of you like lower cars) because it's a car, not a van.

I know which one of the two I would choose as my California.

Delete the pic, or VW will disable all future software updates to your Cali. :D

Jokes apart, someone did post that pic on one of the thread. It looks more like a replacement for a VW Sharan more than the Cali. Look at the side profile, the wheels and also the doors.
Disabling all future software updates is probably a *good* thing;)

Is it just me, or does the rear end of the test mule look like it’s from the Vivaro/Dispatch/Expert/Proace family?

71E0FDDE-A071-416C-8435-AE4D0EDE3E99.jpeg

Good luck finding yourself enough space in your new T7 California then.
And the screen looks wider because of the perspective view. The T6 is further away than the new Sharan, so the screen looks smaller.
And it's a lot lower (but most of you like lower cars) because it's a car, not a van.

I know which one of the two I would choose as my California.
? Confused.

I just said I thought it was too large to be a new Sharan! I do think VW have for what ever reason decided to make the T7 smaller and who knows, they may of decided not release the T7 as a California?

Only time will tell.

And taking into account the perspective view, and the T6 being in the distance, I still think the screen looks wider!

If that replaces the current Transporter range then VW are leaving that segment of the commercial vehicle market!

That vehicle will never be useful as a mid sized commercial vehicle i.e. fit in carrying capacity between the Caddy and the New Crafter.

That really does look like a passenger vehicle to me, not a works van and agree with the comments above re size. How on earth would they fit a cali spec in that? e

Also, am I the only one who really isn't loving the styling at all. As I get older I can usually tell when something will grow on me over time, and I just can't see me ever loving this shape. The T6 and T6.1 has always looked fantastic, even from day 1.

Good morning,

It seems I am getting old, I couldn't remember that I saw that picture. :rolleyes:

It looks like that the new T7 is sitting on the new MQB platform, hence looks a bit like the rest of the VW family. According to the info in the articel it said it is 10 cm lower. How that would work I don't know. Also the windscreen is more tilted, hence looking a bit like the Sharan.

To use the latest technology it might be time to readically change the technology to bring the camper (transporter) into the future. I don't know.

From the design at the moment I like the outside looks of the T6 and T6.1. I used to like the dashboard of the T6.1 as long as I saw it on pictures only. At the beginning of the year I saw it in T6.1 camper and from that point I changed my opinion. From the technology it is better, but from the practicallity and design I still prefer the T6 (sorry to all T6.1 owner).

Let's see what the future brings. But with a practical lockdown for the next 6x weeks(!) it is neither here nor there what is in front of the house, it can't be used anyway. :(

Happy California,
Eberhard