Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Won't sell me a California

First post, I'll throw myself in the scrum then.
The Marco Polo is nice, the kitchen unit is better than the Cali for example. I could not however bear not to have a night heater and I don't like the space taken by the folding chairs in the boot.

Welcome, I forgot to say that in my first reply to your post :D

The lack of heater did not bother me, It can be purchased, although the price asked is eye-watering.

I loved the rear seats for passenger carrying, not so much for making into a bed. The killer was lack of 4WD availability. Lot's of pro's and cons, the nicest thing though is that it offers a choice, no longer do VW hold the monopoly of a manufacturer-supported camper van.

Welcome, I forgot to say that in my first reply to your post :D

The lack of heater did not bother me, It can be purchased, although the price asked is eye-watering.

I loved the rear seats for passenger carrying, not so much for making into a bed. The killer was lack of 4WD availability. Lot's of pro's and cons, the nicest thing though is that it offers a choice, no longer do VW hold the monopoly of a manufacturer-supported camper van.
Thank you. I've just been looking at your website.

The MP looks good but IMHO it is not as practical as that of the Cali. The drawer below the basin has reduced capacity due to the design and access to the drawers can be restricted by the rear seats positioning. There is no doubt it is a good vehicle but the Cali is designed and proven for touring. What will the MP look like down the line? Shiny gloss does not float my boat but I can see its attraction for a certain type of buyer. Good that there is choice though as it will keep VW on their toes hopefully.

Certainly wouldn’t be betting the first sales person was telling me the truth, some will tell you anything to get a sale (of a tsi in this case). I also wouldn’t be rushing off to Mercedes-Benz to buy your second choice on the strength of that conversation without checking you can get a tdi elsewhere like others have suggested. Good luck whatever you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk