Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting for our New CALI :-)

Ordered in November, I now have a new Build date of Week 14. Seems a few Cali's have had a delay.

you could make up a cable the plugs are only £2 each then pick the wire your happy with. and it will occupy you on the long evenings waiting for the van to arrive

Yes the extinguisher is on my list above.

I have been trying to decide on whether to get CO2 which does not make a mess if used.

Powder makes a hell of a mess apparently but is rated for gas.

Foam looks to be the best option and easier to clean up if used.

Not sure if Foam is rated for gas though will have to get googling.
We had a fire risk assessment at work and were advised to replace the extinguisher in the kitchen with a fire blanket, I think because it was the most effective at dealing with cooking fires.

Following that, by the same logic I decided to do the same in the Cali and we keep it in the pocket on the back of the driver's seat where it's really handy for use.

I hope it never gets used!

If I ever have flames and smoke in my Cali sufficient to think fire blankets and extinguishers then I am on my toes out of the door and away from the vehicle.

With my vanity case of course ... most essential to look one's best for the firemen :oops:

I have a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket ready in the van but I am with you, Jen; if there was any real need to use it, my priority would be to get my dog/s out and to move away as quickly as possible. Taking my mobile to call for help would be preferable if possible, but if not I have legs and a voice :shocked

Maud

We lowered our Cali by 30mm, it now fits in the garage.
I built my garage to fit larger vehicles....:)
Had a barn that did't fit my Land Rover Defender , so broke barn down and planted new garage
12m x8 m , no walls inside one open place whit attic .
Sectional door 6m wide 2,4m high....
Can drive my Cali in and turn it around ...then drive back out:bananadance

Ordered in November, I now have a new Build date of Week 14. Seems a few Cali's have had a delay.
Yes, ordered last week Nov and have my build date week 14 also. That's 2 weeks before Easter. It would be nice to get straight away but I'm not sure if that will be enough time for shipping etc.

Yes, ordered last week Nov and have my build date week 14 also. That's 2 weeks before Easter. It would be nice to get straight away but I'm not sure if that will be enough time for shipping etc.
Mine has taken 3.5 weeks to arrive after build week and now has to be registered etc so perhaps 4-5 weeks after build?

Same for me as Larrylamb although mines a Beach 140 DSG so build may be quicker. Cali sat in dealer ready for pick up 1st week in March

Thanks, that's really bad news!
I know mine was a few weeks ago now, but from build date to arrival at Bury was just 12 days and John said that for my chosen Saturday morning collection, I just had to let him know that I definitely wanted to go ahead with the registration (I was still deliberating waiting until March) on the Monday of the same week, so in theory build to collection could be within a three week timeframe. I'm sorry to hear that everything is taking longer than you hoped; it will be worth it in the end but frustrating in the short term :headbang

Maud

Ours was build week 4, it arrived at Grimsby 9th Feb but only arrived at the dealership 19th Feb. We pickup March 6th. Starting to have trouble sleeping now! :bananadance

We ordered in the middle of October, build week brought forward from 7 to 2.
Arrived at the dealer 2 weeks ago and we are having a pre-handover on Wednesday before bringing her home on the 4th.
I am sooooo excited....

Ours has arrived. Received these today from the Dealer. Pick it up on the 6th.

Note the four season tyres on the black Cascavel rims. Also came with the silver rail after going with the silver awning option

106.jpg

107.jpg

Fabulous!

What a lovely thread this is :)

Joy instead of grumbling .... and I've just been in Albert popping some stuff into cupboards before I go away on Thursday and I am still as excited as I was like you guys when I first picked Albert up.

Enjoy, the thing with the Cali is it does not wear off, you just find new ways of renewing the original excitement :D

Looks great, viewing ours on Friday and now picking up on Monday - wahoo :D

you could make up a cable the plugs are only £2 each then pick the wire your happy with. and it will occupy you on the long evenings waiting for the van to arrive
Ordered a cable before Christmas should have been delivered by the time I get home.
We have gone with the standard radio fit out I am just wondering if there will be a USB charger somewhere on the dash or will I need a 12volt adapter thingy.

After ordering our new Cali the wait begins.

What are all the New Cali waiters doing in the meantime.

I have been checking out

Additional Security
eg. Sparesafe for the spare wheel.
Steering Wheel lock as a deterrent.
Pir lights
Spare waterproof door opening key to wear.

Kitchen items
Whistling Kettles
Knife sets, Chopping Boards

Insurance Quotes
Comfort Insurance

Additional Protection
Waterproof Seat Covers
Cali Topper
Mattress cover
Carpets & Mats
Boot Liners

European Travel needs
Which spare Bulb set do I need for 15plate standard lights.
Any electrical adapters.
Spare fuses
Headlight deflectors
Triangle, Vests, etc

Safety Equipment
Fire Extinguisher CO2
Carbon Monoxide alarm
I believe a small first aid kit is included?
Considering upgrading reversing lights to LED bulbs which are much brighter.

Travelling
Maps
Apps
Websites
Club memberships and cards eg. ASCI, C&CC
All the Aires
Britstops
Bord Atlas for Germany

have also been reading:-
various online blogs with the Cali.
the 45 page workshop manual to see how things are put together.
and of course this forum which has been invaluable.

What are others doing while waiting for delivery? :D

I have been working through your original list campandfly, albeit slowly - it still seems daunting. Today I'm interested in the pir lights listed under "security". Do you have something in particular in mind here?

I have been working through your original list campandfly, albeit slowly - it still seems daunting. Today I'm interested in the pir lights listed under "security". Do you have something in particular in mind here?
Hi Acer
Nothing decided on firmly yet for the Pir lights. A friend sticks a couple on the outside of his vehicle when wild camping, I suppose it may alert you to someone or something lurking and also put them off approaching if a light came on. Also handy under the awning as a courtesy light. Will post if I find something interesting.
Delivery of my Cali has been revised from Late Feb to mid to late April.

That is an excellent idea. At least you have more time to investigate this stuff now.:( There really is so much to do!

Just to add, Campandfly have you sourced an outlet for the spare access key?

Back