Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting for our New CALI :-)

You can get small solar pir lights, designed to light your patio or walkway etc from most garden centres or that well know action site.

We cant wait to pick our Beach up next week, went to look at it last week when it arrived at SMG, took this picture as it was in a small queue of Cali's waiting to be delivered next week:

P1050016.JPG

Insurance!
Brandrup / side bars - Big order in with SMG
Sparesafe - On its way.

Low level graphics (Photoshop)

Work.

You can get small solar pir lights, designed to light your patio or walkway etc from most garden centres or that well know action site.

We cant wait to pick our Beach up next week, went to look at it last week when it arrived at SMG, took this picture as it was in a small queue of Cali's waiting to be delivered next week:

View attachment 6969
Couldn't you just kiss her!
Again, I'm feeling very ignorant. I couldn't pick-up on "well known action site":confused:

School Teacher once told me "this essay is spoit by poor spelling" English teacher of course:)

Have a search around on Ebay or just use Google its your friend

My most interesting purchase so far is a wacky practical's kettle, have a good old whistling kettle that we used for camping but couldn't resist the quirky design of the wacky one.

Ian

School Teacher once told me "this essay is spoit by poor spelling" English teacher of course:)

Have a search around on Ebay or just use Google its your friend

My most interesting purchase so far is a wacky practical's kettle, have a good old whistling kettle that we used for camping but couldn't resist the quirky design of the wacky one.

Ian

One of the first things we bought when we ordered our cali was the Outwell collapsible kettle - fits in the wash basin when collapsed :)

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/outwell...gclid=CLT95fKK_cMCFYSWtAodi30Apw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just to add, Campandfly have you sourced an outlet for the spare access key?
I had a simple rust proof key cut that I tie round my neck while doing watersports or simply as a just in case my key gets automatically locked inside. It only opens the doors and will not allow you to drive. I am assuming I can do the same with the Cali. The cost is a couple of quid
Just to add, Campandfly have you sourced an outlet for the spare access key?
For my Toyota 4wd I had a cheap rust proof key cut that I tie around my neck just in case I get locked out for some reason. It allows me to do watersports without worry of damaging my main electronic key. I am assuming I can do the same with the Cali. The key only allows you to unlock or lock the doors and will not allow you to drive the vehicle. I always worry when camping and getting in and out of the car that it may decide to lock itself automatically with the key inside. With the spare around my neck I have no worry especially in isolated places, late at night or poor weather. Its just a simple flat key in a bright colour which can be cut at most key cutting places.

week 14 is week commencing 30/03/2015 as the predicted build week. I would expect to see the van in late April

ohhhh nooooo another delay :( I will have to buy some more gadgets and accessories to cheer me up while I wait:Nailbiting

...get a rental in the meantime and send the bill to your VW salesman:D

Already had the rental. I could wallpaper the garage while I am waiting.:shocked

After ordering our new Cali the wait begins.

What are all the New Cali waiters doing in the meantime.

I have been checking out

Additional Security
eg. Sparesafe for the spare wheel.
Steering Wheel lock as a deterrent.
Pir lights
Spare waterproof door opening key to wear.

Kitchen items
Whistling Kettles
Knife sets, Chopping Boards

Insurance Quotes
Comfort Insurance

Additional Protection
Waterproof Seat Covers
Cali Topper
Mattress cover
Carpets & Mats
Boot Liners

European Travel needs
Which spare Bulb set do I need for 15plate standard lights.
Any electrical adapters.
Spare fuses
Headlight deflectors
Triangle, Vests, etc

Safety Equipment
Fire Extinguisher CO2
Carbon Monoxide alarm
I believe a small first aid kit is included?
Considering upgrading reversing lights to LED bulbs which are much brighter.

Travelling
Maps
Apps
Websites
Club memberships and cards eg. ASCI, C&CC
All the Aires
Britstops
Bord Atlas for Germany

have also been reading:-
various online blogs with the Cali.
the 45 page workshop manual to see how things are put together.
and of course this forum which has been invaluable.

What are others doing while waiting for delivery? :D
Omg I'm paranoid now!!! :) we've got ours on order for late July and not thought of half what you've thought of. In going to copy and paste your post!!!! I'm so excited though. In researching dog accessories too as got a 14 month old pointer :)

Still waiting for our Cali. Purchased 2 items for the Cali this week
Sparesafe and just ordered Fuel Angel.
Oh and then I bought a third item that was on special and is a must a 3 pin adapter.

I have used all my willpower this week and not bought a pressure washer.

Finally got our build date confirmed! The provisional build week was week 12, now confirmed week 13. We have been told that it should be with the dealer mid April. Fingers crossed. Ordered just before Xmas.

Today got confirmed build date for a SE 180 DSG 4motion for this week (week 12) after a delay of more than a month. Ordered last week of October. Expect delivery in mid April, can't wait..... :happy

Week 23 now confirmed. (First week in June). Touring Scotland for 2 weeks in June.

Looks like Temporarystopgap..... will be with us for a few thousand miles more.

Update from VW
My Cali has just been built and is going through Quality Control :) :bananadance

Then it will be off to Emden awaiting shipment.

Exciting stuff. Ours is at dealers and should be ready to collect Monday onwards as long as they can source a Sportline front spoiler in time!

That's great rippers.
I expect it may be a couple of sleepless nights for you ;-)
I see you are having the Tour Pack same as us. I wonder how we go about checking we have the Heavy Duty stabilisers installed along with all the other items that need to be checked with the dealer.

Good question as I was never actually able to find out exactly what they are, the dealer couldn't tell me and I gave up searching on the internet. The best answer I have had is that they are some kind of anti roll bars??

I made a post somewhere a while ago.
My thinking is, that as we have the Tour Pack with Tow Bar Prep,
the heavy duty stabilisers will be to help in anticipation of us towing.
Will have to research that a bit more, will post when I know more.

Bless Google :)

Heavy duty stabilisers
Stabilisers

A stabiliser ensures that the vertical movements made by one wheel are ( to a lesser degree) also made by the same wheel on the other side of the vehicle. This will lessen the amount of leaning in bends and reduces crosswind sensitivity. A ( heavy duty) stabiliser is particularly recommended for behicles with a high centre of gravity.

So as you can see I was probably wrong :rolleyes::talktothehand

Back