Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty offered by VWCS, post 3 years.

Hooray. Success.

Had a phone call from VW Commercial Warranty Division today.

You can now purchase a Full Warranty for the California SE, covering ALL the habitation equipment as fitted by VW. ie: Roof, Fridge, Heater, Bed/Bench Seat, Gas system, Water System, Habitation Units, Habitation electrics etc:.
All vehicle components etc: except those subject to Wear etc: as per the Van Policy.

When I applied for a quote originally it was over £1000 for 12 months and excluded all California Habitation equipment. In fact the California wasn’t on the vehicle list.

My quote today, for 12 months, Full Cover with £100 excess and in excess of 15,000 miles /year was £449.91p.

Seeing as a Control Panel costs about £700 to buy , Heater in excess £1000 etc: I think this is acceptable - more expensive than the T6 warrant extension bought at purchase but a lot cheaper than the plain Van Warranty Extension at over a £1000 for 12 months.

So my Complaint has paid off. I’m a Happy Bunny now.
:bananadance2:cheers:bananadance2

Hooray. Success.

You can now purchase a Full Warranty for the California SE, covering ALL the habitation equipment as fitted by VW. ie: Roof, Fridge, Heater, Bed/Bench Seat, Gas system, Water System, Habitation Units, Habitation electrics etc:.
All vehicle components etc: except those subject to Wear etc: as per the Van Policy.

When I applied for a quote originally it was over £1000 for 12 months and excluded all California Habitation equipment. In fact the California wasn’t on the vehicle list.

My quote today, for 12 months, Full Cover with £100 excess and in excess of 15,000 miles /year was £449.91p.

Seeing as a Control Panel costs about £700 to buy , Heater in excess £1000 etc: I think this is acceptable - more expensive than the T6 warrant extension bought at purchase but a lot cheaper than the plain Van Warranty Extension at over a £1000 for 12 months.

That looks great value. Many thanks for chasing and sharing.
My warranty runs out in about six weeks. How do I go about buying the extended warranty- from a main dealer? And if so will they know about this?

Well done. Squeezing an answer out of them could not have been easy and one your happy with even harder.

Mike

That looks great value. Many thanks for chasing and sharing.
My warranty runs out in about six weeks. How do I go about buying the extended warranty- from a main dealer? And if so will they know about this?
Main Dealers do sell it, but I would phone direct. You should get an email with a link to the VW Commercial Extended Warranty website. I would suggest phoning them, likewise if you want to extend the VW Assistance.

Good work WG, A vast improvement on price but I still might just put the money away instead and hedge my bets. Basically £550 with the excess, I'll sleep on it.

Hooray. Success.

Hi WelshGas . Well done I may try to do that next month . Do you have the contact details at Vw ? I don’t suppose this includes Vw assist breakdown cover abroad ? We’re going on the Northern Lights Trip in Sept so will need some good cover . Many thanks .

Hi WelshGas . Well done I may try to do that next month . Do you have the contact details at Vw ? I don’t suppose this includes Vw assist breakdown cover abroad ? We’re going on the Northern Lights Trip in Sept so will need some good cover . Many thanks .
VW Assist is separate, costs about £150 for 2 years. Same cover as you have at present.
You should get an email about a month before your 3 yr Warranty expires regarding the Warranty Extension.

email
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 21.20.03.jpg

Contact Details

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 21.22.00.jpg

Huge thanks to @WelshGas on this you have done all the leg work so Cali owners like me who just don’t have the time to chase VW can have peace of mind beyond three years of ownership :thumb

VW Assist is separate, costs about £150 for 2 years. Same cover as you have at present.
You should get an email about a month before your 3 yr Warranty expires regarding the Warranty Extension.

email
View attachment 31003

Contact Details

View attachment 31002
Thanks WelshGas. Guarantee runs out 14 April . No email yet . Might have to be proactive . Do you think Vw assist is better than RAC / AA for foreign travel ?

Thanks WelshGas. Guarantee runs out 14 April . No email yet . Might have to be proactive . Do you think Vw assist is better than RAC / AA for foreign travel ?
Yes. But I also have Travel Insurance from the Caravan Club that provides Health and Vehicle/Accident Cover.

If you go on web site it comes up as £757 less than 10,000 miles access £100 I have phoned them 3 times last week all they say web buy only so will be interesting to make a call tomorrow

If you go on web site it comes up as £757 less than 10,000 miles access £100 I have phoned them 3 times last week all they say web buy only so will be interesting to make a call tomorrow
And that is for a Panel Van.

Ask to speak to Jess. She dealt with me.

Good work WG, A vast improvement on price but I still might just put the money away instead and hedge my bets. Basically £550 with the excess, I'll sleep on it.

I’m with you on that. So far, I’m £1100 up:pinkbanana
But then again, some of the vans I’ve seen specced on here over the last few years have some very tasty and expensive options. Maybe worth considering on a heavily optioned Cali.

Good work WG.

As Welshgas says you need to phone them.I’ve just taken the warranty out £287 £100 excess ,All component cover , up to 15k miles.
Nice one Welshgas for being persistent with this .

As Welshgas says you need to phone them.I’ve just taken the warranty out £287 £100 excess ,All component cover , up to 15k miles.
Nice one Welshgas for being persistent with this .
Nice price. How many miles has your vehicle done?

Just over 25k. Even though there’s a £2500 single claim limit it’s still worth it IMHO

Do you have DSG...???

180 4 motion DSG

I guess you got, just over half the money for a new box should the worst happen.
Personally if I went down the Warranty route I would want the most expensive parts like this fully covered.

I guess you got, just over half the money for a new box should the worst happen.
Personally if I went down the Warranty route I would want the most expensive parts like this fully covered.
Ideally yes. Unfortunately there aren’t many post 3 yr warranty plans that do this, that have good reviews.
At least all the Habitation equipment is covered. Not heard of many DSGs that have failed under 100,000 miles, but Control Panels, Fridge Units and Parking Heaters. EGR, Turbo etc: that is much more common.

Back