Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty offered by VWCS, post 3 years.

I was talking to a German guy last year in France. 6 month old van. I’m sure he said 4500€.
Not sure if that was the entire box, but I remember he said it was for the control unit thing. Can’t remember what it’s called.

I see there is a member in the Classifieds section selling a Beach with a replaced DSG.
I’m not throwing stones here about reliability. However it is an expensive part to replace once outside of warranty.

Then again, nothing is cheap on a Cali these days and agree about the costs of turbos etc.

I was talking to a German guy last year in France. 6 month old van. I’m sure he said 4500€.
Not sure if that was the entire box, but I remember he said it was for the control unit thing. Can’t remember what it’s called.

I see there is a member in the Classifieds section selling a Beach with a replaced DSG.
I’m not throwing stones here about reliability. However it is an expensive part to replace once outside of warranty.

Then again, nothing is cheap on a Cali these days and agree about the costs of turbos etc.
The fact that the DSG failed after 6 months means it was probably faulty, rather than wear. I had an EGR replaced at 900 miles due to a fault. The replaced EGR has now covered just under 60,000 miles. These things happen.

Spoke to these chaps today, they offer different levels of cover. As our Cali is under 10 years old and 60k miles we qualify for the top level Gold cover. The claim limit is the value of the vehicle. All vehicles must have a full service history but cover is not restricted by annual mileage, also covered in Europe.
Habitation equipment is also included including anything factory fitted ie Control panel. Different plans are available but a 2year policy is £459 or a lifetime warranty is available for an ongoing monthly cost of £24.95.
I will try and attach the t&c's for peoples opinions. I have no idea how good these guys are but some internet reviews are not that favourable.
I'd be interested to hear forum members views.

Attachments

• Motorhome Lifetime Warranty Wording.pdf
    292.5 KB · Views: 15
Spoke to these chaps today, they offer different levels of cover. As our Cali is under 10 years old and 60k miles we qualify for the top level Gold cover. The claim limit is the value of the vehicle. All vehicles must have a full service history but cover is not restricted by annual mileage, also covered in Europe.
Habitation equipment is also included including anything factory fitted ie Control panel. Different plans are available but a 2year policy is £459 or a lifetime warranty is available for an ongoing monthly cost of £24.95.
I will try and attach the t&c's for peoples opinions. I have no idea how good these guys are but some internet reviews are not that favourable.
I'd be interested to hear forum members views.
Interesting abou5 the milage and age requirements, because that is at odds to thei4 website.
FF51FE2C-AACA-42A2-BD24-277315FCCD9F.jpeg

Keyfacts document mentions 10 yrs, 60,000 miles. Seems quite good value as an ongoing monthly payment, approx £300 p.a. All depends on their performance in the event of a claim.

About your Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Cover

Motorhome Care Gold

Features and bene ts included automatically

For Motorhomes up to 10 years / 60,000 miles - full details on page 3 of policy

Covers all mechanical and electrical factory tted components with some exceptions e.g. service items, wheels and tyres, audio equipment and radio aerials, bodywork and paintwork. Please see page 3 of the Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Policy for full details. In addition to this cover there is limited cover for, car hire and hotel accommodation following the mechanical breakdown of a motorhome. The policyholder is also covered for mechanical breakdown and hotel accommodation whilst in the EU; please see page 6 of policy for details.

Attachments

• Motorhome MBG Key Facts - Lifetime Warranty.pdf
    660.8 KB · Views: 8
I received my email today from VW reminding me that my 3-year commercial warranty is about to come to an end. I followed the link on-line and was given a quote of £1523 for less than 15k miles and an excess of £100. My van has done 32k miles currently.
I telephoned the number given and was told that they do not do telephone quotes and that whatever quote I was given on-line was accurate. I explained that other people had managed to get much cheaper quotes by telephone but she just kept saying the same thing. She said that Mondial, who used to manage VW's extended warranties, will do on-line quotes but that VW themselves do not. She gave me Mondial's number which I haven't tried yet.
Either I've been misinformed or I just haven't got through to the right person.
Can anyone give me the correct number?

I received my email today from VW reminding me that my 3-year commercial warranty is about to come to an end. I followed the link on-line and was given a quote of £1523 for less than 15k miles and an excess of £100. My van has done 32k miles currently.
I telephoned the number given and was told that they do not do telephone quotes and that whatever quote I was given on-line was accurate. I explained that other people had managed to get much cheaper quotes by telephone but she just kept saying the same thing. She said that Mondial, who used to manage VW's extended warranties, will do on-line quotes but that VW themselves do not. She gave me Mondial's number which I haven't tried yet.

How far in advance have you been notified. Interested as mine is coming up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask for Jess Yarwood on 03330433784 or e mail her and ask her to call you j.yarwood@ensurance-claims.co.uk

Ask for Jess Yarwood on 03330433784 or e mail her and ask her to call you j.yarwood@ensurance-claims.co.uk
I got through to Jess. Result! £287.78 for up to 15k miles and £100 excess.
A bit different from £1523 on-line which I was assured by VW was the correct amount. She asked me to send to her the original reminder because she says the link is faulty.
Mind you, as I'm writing this I've just checked the policy that she sent through a moment ago and it lists the date of first registration as 30/12/1899 instead of 1/5/2015! I've let her know and am awaiting a response. Hopefully just a(nother) blip!
Was your date of first registration correct on your policy?
Many thanks Bibs and WG for your advice.

I got through to Jess. Result! £287.78 for up to 15k miles and £100 excess.
A bit different from £1523 on-line which I was assured by VW was the correct amount. She asked me to send to her the original reminder because she says the link is faulty.
Mind you, as I'm writing this I've just checked the policy that she sent through a moment ago and it lists the date of first registration as 30/12/1899 instead of 1/5/2015! I've let her know and am awaiting a response. Hopefully just a(nother) blip!
Was your date of first registration correct on your policy?
Many thanks Bibs and WG for your advice.
It seems as though the Reg date is a glitch on the system. I e mailed her with the correct date but she didn’t alter the policy.

It seems as though the Reg date is a glitch on the system. I e mailed her with the correct date but she didn’t alter the policy.
She just sent through an apology with a correctly amended policy.
I know that extended warranties are always a gamble but I think that, for an all-components cover, £287 is good value.

She just sent through an apology with a correctly amended policy.
I know that extended warranties are always a gamble but I think that, for an all-components cover, £287 is good value.
Glad you’re sorted.
After seeing your post this morning I got onto Adrian, the manager, who had assured me the On-line system now took account of the California.
He asked for details but by the time I viewed his answer you were sorted.
I told him Jess had sorted you out. I’m waiting for a reply but obviously their algorithm is up the creek.

So if anyone wants a quote the contact Jess Yarwood on
03330433784 or e mail her and ask her to call you j.yarwood@ensurance-claims.co.uk

Or Adrian Evans, Business Manager Email: a.evans@connexus.co.uk | Tel: 0333 043 3797 | Ext: 1201 |

Glad you’re sorted.
After seeing your post this morning I got onto Adrian, the manager, who had assured me the On-line system now took account of the California.
He asked for details but by the time I viewed his answer you were sorted.
I told him Jess had sorted you out. I’m waiting for a reply but obviously their algorithm is up the creek.

So if anyone wants a quote the contact Jess Yarwood on
03330433784 or e mail her and ask her to call you j.yarwood@ensurance-claims.co.uk

Or Adrian Evans, Business Manager Email: a.evans@connexus.co.uk | Tel: 0333 043 3797 | Ext: 1201 |

This is magic info WG, hope she’s still there or they sort out the online quotes when my warranty is up next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how close you have to be to the expiry of the 3 yr wty to be able to buy this?

Never received a call or email.

I think it depends if your Dealership has filled in the correct details, phone and email etc:.
My email has changed since purchase so that may be one reason. I will ring them for a quote though.:thumb

Tried the online quote over the weekend and it came back with £809.92 for all component, zero excess and 10k miles. Phoned them this morning and they said it was correct. When I mentioned that others had lower quotes they checked with Adrian and the response was that the online was correct and that prices had gone up on 1 April. Seems like some of you have got a very good deal.

Maybe try Jess as previously mentioned. (So if anyone wants a quote the contact Jess Yarwood on
03330433784 or e mail her and ask her to call you j.yarwood@ensurance-claims.co.uk)

Must be worth a try. I found that with perseverance and pushing my van and car insurance came down.

Tried the online quote over the weekend and it came back with £809.92 for all component, zero excess and 10k miles. Phoned them this morning and they said it was correct. When I mentioned that others had lower quotes they checked with Adrian and the response was that the online was correct and that prices had gone up on 1 April. Seems like some of you have got a very good deal.
To be honest I had a feeling that those prices would be short-lived. My on-line quote of £1523 was way over the top but the eventual telephone offer of £287 was so good that I bit their hands off. They have obviously decided that those prices are unsustainable. £809 sounds more like VW prices. I'm really sorry for you that the cost has almost trebled but I'm even more grateful to WG for his efforts and glad that I have received the official policy.

Having an excess can make a big difference.

Back