Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weird hobbies anyone ?

Pit wall and team pits with hospitality suites!.....added this weekend. Just need to paint, add decals and of course a few cars would be a great idea - to follow. Mrs J unaware of kitchen table being used as a prop! :embarrased
f9fcd9fb-b3e2-4880-aacc-1ffd8f4b00fb.JPG
f03775d9-4a51-4350-bfc3-d8bf7693fbda.JPG

Where’s the 1:32 scale Californias in the trackside campsite?

Interesting trike you have there. A friend of mine tried one similar to yours recently and was very impressed. Unfortunately, he had a stroke some years ago so is unable to ride a bike. However he got on very well with the one he tried. He said that one had electric assistance which in his case was essential.

Coincidentally, Mrs B has been suggesting recently that I should get a lathe and take up wood turning. I did have a dabble years ago and found it very satisfying. The trouble is, whilst I would love to do just that, I'll be needing another shed first to park it all in.
The use of resin is a new development since I did a bit years ago.

Love your work.
Thanks for that , I have my lathe setup in the garage . not a lot of space but enough to get by. I was just about to start selling the pens , bowls etc at local craft fairs but the current situation has stopped that. I can make stock instead.

i have had the trike since 2008 it’s an ice trike, made in Cornwall . Not an electric version though it’s great to ride support for back and neck. Flying machine down hill , a little slower going up At probably down to my athletic ability

I am a serial hobbyist, always have something going on and always trying something.

Ones that have stuck long term:
D&D
Board games/wargaming (not monopoly etc lol)
HAM Radio
Photography
Paintball (not so much in recent years)
Motorcycles.
Making arcade cabinets.

Last edited:
I am a serial hobbyist, always have something going on and always trying something.

D&D
HAM Radio
Photography
Motorcycles.
Making arcade cabinets.
D&D? Drunk and disorderly?

I have a modest collection of Coleman lanterns, the ones that use camp fuel. Plus a few Tilleys.
Here is one that needs cleaning up, with a few there in the background.

Mountie 20200408_205047.jpg

I'm also a concert photographer but that is not happening much these days...

I have a modest collection of Coleman lanterns, the ones that use camp fuel. Plus a few Tilleys.

View attachment 57589

View attachment 57589

Wow, you’ll certainly be ok if ever you suffer a ‘power cut’.

My wife used to collect miniature houses. We moved to our current place in 2006 and they are still in the shipping boxes in a cupboard. £1000s of pound worth.

D&D
HAM Radio
Photography
Motorcycles.
Making arcade cabinets.
Hi do you have a antenna fitted for VHF/UHF ? If so what type of fitting did you use and where on the VAN

CHEERS

I just have a mount on the VW roof bars for VHF UHF. :)

I want to get a nice earthed mount for my ATAS120 but Ive not figured it out yet :)

I've only got as far as putting a mag mount Wilson Little Wil on the top of the boot door. It won't stick anywhere else! Obviously not a long term solution especially when the roof is raised... I have a springer that I would like to try but no mount bracket that works.

Yes and it’s tied into to awning mount as the rail is only glued on.
By that, do you mean there is another section inside the rail that goes as far as the awning and is fixed via the awning bolt too? I can't quite make it out from the photo, other than what looks like the earth cable?

I have to say, Nick, it looks really good. Do you have the dimensions and angles for it? Otherwise I think you should make some more and sell them on here!!!

Back