Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weird hobbies anyone ?

Hi, many thanks for your photographs, I will look at my van and see if I can replicate, have you had any problem with water getting in via the seals where the coax passes into the inside

again many thanks

Its supported on the rail, but any side to side movement is taken out by being clamped to the awning bracket, the awning bracket is tied into the roof so its not going anywhere in a hurry, bit of old school engineering back of a fag packet drawing and suck it and see, I can take it off and measure and draw it out take more photo's for anyone who may be interested. Not thinking of going into production..
I have taken the coax a good way down the inside of the tailgate with a loop in the bottom so any drips remain outside of the vehicle, its not leaked as far as I know, I haven't finished the cable routing its still a work in progress.

I too tried RC Helicopters but could never master nose it plus setting blades one time caught idle up and nearly cut my fingers off. So now fly rc planes, electric & four stroke fuel. Wing span 5ft to 6ft bi planes etc. Only difficulty I have now is lost our flying field recently so as yet not been able to fly them

I used to be a normal person, I would watch TV, football games and sometimes converse with my wife. Recently I purchased a VW California and now spend my time researching alloy wheels, matt sets, chemical toilets and other such oddities, I have even developed an interest in wiring looms. How close a campsite is to a pub has become the latest obsession. I now have a weird hobby.

I used to be a normal person, I would watch TV, football games and sometimes converse with my wife. Recently I purchased a VW California and now spend my time researching alloy wheels, matt sets, chemical toilets and other such oddities, I have even developed an interest in wiring looms. How close a campsite is to a pub has become the latest obsession. I now have a weird hobby.
No, that's NORMAL if you own a California.:cheers

Hi, many thanks for your photographs, I will look at my van and see if I can replicate, have you had any problem with water getting in via the seals where the coax passes into the inside

again many thanks
I have an antenna on my roof bars and the coax comes through the passenger door, never had any issues with water ingress. I have it going in slightly to the side rather than the top.

I have an antenna on my roof bars and the coax comes through the passenger door, never had any issues with water ingress. I have it going in slightly to the side rather than the top.
What do you do about lifting the roof with the coax running over the bars and through the door, looked at going through the door but the gaps are so tight didn't think it would be good, was ok with the old Landy ..

@MattBW and @Nick Stubbs
Do you guys get many contacts on the CB (assuming that's what you've got)? I am also on a DX forum and it seems that the UK FM freqs are pretty dead there despite the price of CBs going through the roof due to lockdown(s) and the presumption that folks would be hitting the airwaves from home?

Back