Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What dream car would you choose on retirement (other than a Cali naturally)

Tomato

Tomato

Vehicle
N/A
Currently own old 911 Targa Singer look, in bits, lovely Bmw 325iX, not lovely XJS 6.0 Convertible, Srs 3 Jensen Interceptor in bits, 2 door Range Rover in bits, 1984 Scirocco GTi almost finished, old Vanquish, Volvo V70 T6 estate, Bentley GTC.

I commute in a 2008 Golf GTi as it works. Unlike most of above.

Wife’s 3 month old 718 Boxster part exchanged for 6.1 Beach in 2020, then replaced by Mini Cooper S convertible to placate genuine fury

Cannot retire as acute car habit has left me with a number of debts/ projects. See list above.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Currently own old 911 Targa Singer look, in bits, lovely Bmw 325iX, not lovely XJS 6.0 Convertible, Srs 3 Jensen Interceptor in bits, 2 door Range Rover in bits, 1984 Scirocco GTi almost finished, old Vanquish, Volvo V70 T6 estate, Bentley GTC.

I commute in a 2008 Golf GTi as it works. Unlike most of above.

Wife’s 3 month old 718 Boxster part exchanged for 6.1 Beach in 2020, then replaced by Mini Cooper S convertible to placate genuine fury

Cannot retire as acute car habit has left me with a number of debts/ projects. See list above.
Wow that is quite a list!
mid have thought you’d be able to retire with a bank account sufficient to get all your cars in mint condition after selling your 205 1.9 GTi. My dream car as a teenager. How was it to drive, do you miss it?
How was your wife selling her Boxter?!

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
£500 and I’ll take the Interceptor off your hands. Doing you a huge favour!

pjm-84

pjm-84

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Not a dream car but I have ordered a P400 supercharged 110 Defender. XS version with a few extras offers GVFM compared to the X, probably still have it when I retire. The V8 version at another £35k wasnt considered

Tomato

Tomato

Vehicle
N/A
Wow that is quite a list!
mid have thought you’d be able to retire with a bank account sufficient to get all your cars in mint condition after selling your 205 1.9 GTi. My dream car as a teenager. How was it to drive, do you miss it?
How was your wife selling her Boxter?!
Wife still angry/ still mentions Boxster loss at any opportunity

Sad about 205 but needed some money to pay for some car bills….Now in Monaco I hear! My old 309 GTi better to drive. Driving position on 205 too much of a perch, I’m too tall and sunroof annoying but still fun, not very quick but much admired and a fabulous looking car in deep Sorrento Green. No doubt a good investment for the future with those kms and zero rust but £ needed…

VW California Club