Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What dream car would you choose on retirement (other than a Cali naturally)

I’ll take the 911 every time. :Stig
911?! Pah... not a patch on the Skoda. The Skoda 130 is Rapid, mate. RAPID
AND it’s 5-speed:
Speed 1 - A Bit Rapid
Speed 2 - Quite Rapid
Speed 3 - Rapid Rapid
Speed 4 - Mad Rapid
Speed 5 - Rapidest
Of course any non-Rapid driving, such as the Eurotunnel queue, results in the radiator overheating...

A friend of mine many years ago had one of these, the best fun I have ever had in a car.
Bet he regrets selling it this one is for sale just shy of 50k
IMG_1276.jpegIMG_1277.jpeg

Just pitched up, campsite owner has two Renault 4’s. Lovely.

Well, if it’s not going to be a Lamborghini Mura SV, or a 993 GT2 then I guess it will have to be a 911 (964) C4 WTL Jubilee Model in Viola Metallic with Turbo II Split Cups.
a568702c29c5c13d680d365c65935e49.jpg

I know I should choose a 964RS but this is a thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, if it’s not going to be a Lamborghini Mura SV, or a 993 GT2 then I guess it will have to be a 911 (964) C4 WTL Jubilee Model in Viola Metallic with Turbo II Split Cups.

Viola metallic wrap for the Cali?

Viola metallic wrap for the Cali?

That’s uncanny you say that…. Was thinking of it when I posted that. Also was thinking about ordering from scratch and seeing if VW would do me a special colour like this or metallic viper green…. Viola would look great with some Rotiform fuch split rims!

Not sure if I've posted these, but this is my old 964, TR6 and TVRs, all sold a while back. 964 was amazing and only sold as it was doing a few hundred miles a year.

Lucky enough to have owned most of my wish list cars, only one outstanding is an S1 E-type coupe. Hoping prices get more sensible as some point!
IMG_0292.JPG

C9BE23E2-DBEA-4AA2-BCE7-ABA600B8CE69.jpgCaratTynemouthPriory.jpg94845d0a.jpg

Sorry but if you are looking at that, you really need a 965 & always 2 wheel drive not 4
I had this normal narrow body 964 C2 when they were still sensible money, best engineered Porsche I've had but still scary service bills, with 2 distributers, 12 plugs & about 20 litres of oil for a service.

image001.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but if you are looking at that, you really need a 965 & always 2 wheel drive not 4
I had this normal narrow body 964 C2 when they were still sensible money, best engineered Porsche I've had but still scary service bills, with 2 distributers, 12 plugs & about 20 litres of oil for a service.

View attachment 80800

I remember looking at 964 RS in the late 90’s. you could pick them up for £28-35k… why oh why didn’t I buy and keep one.

I bought a 993 with the Supercup option (3.8 varioram) instead.
33f8029d4b0e29d98c99a9b26bf4b214.jpg

Not sure if I've posted these, but this is my old 964, TR6 and TVRs, all sold a while back. 964 was amazing and only sold as it was doing a few hundred miles a year.

Lucky enough to have owned most of my wish list cars, only one outstanding is an S1 E-type coupe. Hoping prices get more sensible as some point!
View attachment 80796

View attachment 80794View attachment 80798View attachment 80799
That’s what my TR6 looked like after restoration, but I drove it rough in Mexico for years.

See post #203 above.

Last edited:
Currently own old 911 Targa Singer look, in bits, lovely Bmw 325iX, not lovely XJS 6.0 Convertible, Srs 3 Jensen Interceptor in bits, 2 door Range Rover in bits, 1984 Scirocco GTi almost finished, old Vanquish, Volvo V70 T6 estate, Bentley GTC.

I commute in a 2008 Golf GTi as it works. Unlike most of above.

Wife’s 3 month old 718 Boxster part exchanged for 6.1 Beach in 2020, then replaced by Mini Cooper S convertible to placate genuine fury

Cannot retire as acute car habit has left me with a number of debts/ projects. See list above.

Currently own old 911 Targa Singer look, in bits, lovely Bmw 325iX, not lovely XJS 6.0 Convertible, Srs 3 Jensen Interceptor in bits, 2 door Range Rover in bits, 1984 Scirocco GTi almost finished, old Vanquish, Volvo V70 T6 estate, Bentley GTC.

I commute in a 2008 Golf GTi as it works. Unlike most of above.

Wife’s 3 month old 718 Boxster part exchanged for 6.1 Beach in 2020, then replaced by Mini Cooper S convertible to placate genuine fury

Cannot retire as acute car habit has left me with a number of debts/ projects. See list above.
Wow that is quite a list!
mid have thought you’d be able to retire with a bank account sufficient to get all your cars in mint condition after selling your 205 1.9 GTi. My dream car as a teenager. How was it to drive, do you miss it?
How was your wife selling her Boxter?!

£500 and I’ll take the Interceptor off your hands. Doing you a huge favour!

Not a dream car but I have ordered a P400 supercharged 110 Defender. XS version with a few extras offers GVFM compared to the X, probably still have it when I retire. The V8 version at another £35k wasnt considered

Wow that is quite a list!
mid have thought you’d be able to retire with a bank account sufficient to get all your cars in mint condition after selling your 205 1.9 GTi. My dream car as a teenager. How was it to drive, do you miss it?
How was your wife selling her Boxter?!
Wife still angry/ still mentions Boxster loss at any opportunity

Sad about 205 but needed some money to pay for some car bills….Now in Monaco I hear! My old 309 GTi better to drive. Driving position on 205 too much of a perch, I’m too tall and sunroof annoying but still fun, not very quick but much admired and a fabulous looking car in deep Sorrento Green. No doubt a good investment for the future with those kms and zero rust but £ needed…

Back