Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I presume you have not been charged the German VAT. Therefore your extra costs are just the 15.5 quids....
Yes “just” £15.55 I wouldn’t have paid before. Also German VAT is 19% I believe, and the UK is 20%.

On the other hand I ordered from UK to here in Spain a sun awning cost £65.00 + £20 postage. Then Spanish postoffice charge me another £27 taxes for the pleasure of buying from the UK........

What a mess and this will be for years before its all sorted out.
Totally agree, what a mess.
Might have changed a lots of votes if people had known the implications!

Rant over, moving on!!

Not to highjack the thread, but yes if only we knew the true cost/outcome I think many would not have wanted to leave.
Well yes you have hijacked the thread with yet another rant against a national democratic referendum.
But to put it into context I would gladly pay £27.00 for any international transaction in order to not have Ursula von der leyen in charge of the health of my nation. I hope this helps.

Well yes you have hijacked the thread with yet another rant against a national democratic referendum.
But to put it into context I would gladly pay £27.00 for any international transaction in order to not have Ursula von der leyen in charge of the health of my nation. I hope this helps.

“Bringing your politics to the Cali board, nice!” Extra points for slating Ursula von der Leyen!

On the other hand I ordered from UK to here in Spain a sun awning cost £65.00 + £20 postage. Then Spanish postoffice charge me another £27 taxes for the pleasure of buying from the UK........

What a mess and this will be for years before its all sorted out.
So you Don't pay UK VAT + 20% and complain when they charge you Spanish VAT?:headbang:headbang:headbang

Just got my favourite Dakar alloys back from refurb - easy to clean gaps between spokes big enough to get your hands in & the black hides the bit of dirt you cant shift. Got my favourite Rainsport tyres as well.

Also picked up a very cheap set of new decent full on winter tyres on my favourite 17" steelies.

I hate cleaning wheels so now sorted with two perfect sets.

Put the Acarujas on ebay - hope to cover all my costs - if not at least free up a bit more space in the garage.
View attachment 74755View attachment 74756View attachment 74757
Love the Morgan! Nice colour.

So you Don't pay UK VAT + 20% and complain when they charge you Spanish VAT?:headbang:headbang:headbang
Spanish vat is 21%, meaning £13 in this instance, therefore an additional £14 to pay. Easy maths my friend, and certainly more to pay than pre Brexit.
Anyway, moving on!

Last edited:
Lightening, I can't DM you - BRILLIANT pump - getting one. Just moved to Bristol last week

Firstly it was not a RANT..... No wonder people do not post on forums for fear of being shot down for a comment. I will not be renewing sub for this forum next year. Better things to do with my campervan.

Lightning said:
Xaiomi pump for my bike tyres, up to 160 psi, it works to top up the van tyres too. Seem good quality.
Honey for scale.
View attachment 75016

This thing is actually brilliant. Heavier than it looks. bought it towards the end of the first lockdown for the bikes but also use it for the cars! I carry it round everywhere. Holds it's charge. Slower than a proper compressor obviously but much more portable.

Firstly it was not a RANT..... No wonder people do not post on forums for fear of being shot down for a comment. I will not be renewing sub for this forum next year. Better things to do with my campervan.
I am genuinely sorry to hear that. Brexit is a very contentious issue. If you post an opinion on it then you need to expect some contrary opinion.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that. Brexit is a very contentious issue. If you post an opinion on it then you need to expect some contrary opinion.
Ffs, go bicker somewhere else
I've been done!!!!
Depends if the one off the bay actually works....
Jeff won’t be complaining though.

I know there has been some concern and possibly confusion around post-Brexit purchases from the EU. Thought I’d share my own experience buying a set of Ukatex seat covers.
  • Website Price €199.99 inc 19% German Tax
  • Postage to UK €35 as agreed via email (UK is removed from list of values in website drop down currently so order must be made by email)
  • I received an invoice for €203.06 in which it was evident Ukatex had correctly removed the 19% Tax and itemised the covers at €168.06
Courier seemingly despatched by DHL in Europe but handed to Parcelforce at some point prior to customs. Tracking updates throughout and a letter received today informing me of the charges due. Breakdown pictured below but the only ‘extra’ charge in my view is the £12 fee charged by Parcelforce for their admin in clearing customs.
  • Order date was 22nd Jan
  • Despatched by Ukatex on 22nd Feb (they warn to expect 4-6 weeks)
  • Cleared customs and in the Poole Parcelforce depot on 2nd March
  • It was clearing customs between 26th March and 1st March (including a Sat/Sun)
I Hope to share a photo of my new covers soon - may be a while though as I want to valet (and properly dry) the originals before covering them up.

View attachment 74576
Fitted them this morning. Pretty pleased overall with the fit - fiddly under the front seats but managed to connect the opposite elastic loops with crafty use of a thick cable tie to thread between all the gubbins. I know they’re not Brandrup - but they’re not Brandrup prices either and should nicely prevent the kids triggering my ocd when they climb all over the seats.

D7043B58-E695-42F3-B6F6-751F406C8DD1.jpeg

49B57211-3CB8-42F7-8742-6FA466BCFFFB.jpeg

3191BA64-A656-4162-B845-EA105CABC810.jpeg

3B60C49C-9900-4CD7-9078-CDC2074AE43E.jpeg

A50C0BCA-A475-4830-84E5-401F0450CBB8.jpeg

85752BD4-A17F-4FD4-82E5-0EF64AB5A96F.jpeg

Now we are outside the eurozone I notice the shipping is also more expensive. Project Camper charged me a similar amount, €35, which is €10 more than they quoted when the UK was part of Europe.
Regarding the Parcelforce handling fee I see Royal Mail is making more profits from parcels than letters now. Maybe just a coincidence..

Personally I like to know where things are being sourced from and the cost of them - especially if things have changed ... which they have so I can make an informed decision.

Now we are outside the eurozone I notice the shipping is also more expensive. Project Camper charged me a similar amount, €35, which is €10 more than they quoted when the UK was part of Europe.
Regarding the Parcelforce handling fee I see Royal Mail is making more profits from parcels than letters now. Maybe just a coincidence..

People in Northern Ireland are well used to getting shafted on delivery charges, especially when ordering stuff from GB!

Back