Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Personally I like to know where things are being sourced from and the cost of them - especially if things have changed ... which they have so I can make an informed decision.
Hi @Scoobz1 I too would like to see posts here that enable me to understand the true landed cost of a purchase made from the EU. For me to understand that I would need more information than has been shared in the previous posts.
It’s the political/Brexit moaning I think has no place in this thread.

Fitted them this morning. Pretty pleased overall with the fit - fiddly under the front seats but managed to connect the opposite elastic loops with crafty use of a thick cable tie to thread between all the gubbins. I know they’re not Brandrup - but they’re not Brandrup prices either and should nicely prevent the kids triggering my ocd when they climb all over the seats.

View attachment 75051

View attachment 75052

View attachment 75053

View attachment 75054

View attachment 75055

View attachment 75056
Looks good can I ask where you got these from

Hi @Scoobz1 I too would like to see posts here that enable me to understand the true landed cost of a purchase made from the EU. For me to understand that I would need more information than has been shared in the previous posts.
It’s the political/Brexit moaning I think has no place in this thread.
There are basically 4 additional charges when buying goods from outside your country of residence.
A. The price of the goods should be ex-vat or equivalent local taxes.
B. Additional charges will then be:
1. Courier delivery charge from seller to you.
2. Custom Import Duty, some items are Duty Free, some are not.
3. VAT/or equivalent local taxes for that class of goods. Country dependant
4. Courier Admin charge for collecting the Custom Duty and VAT/local taxes. This is variable but can be a fixed fee or related to cost of item.

There are basically 4 additional charges when buying goods from outside your country of residence.
A. The price of the goods should be ex-vat or equivalent local taxes.
B. Additional charges will then be:
1. Courier delivery charge from seller to you.
2. Custom Import Duty, some items are Duty Free, some are not.
3. VAT/or equivalent local taxes for that class of goods. Country dependant
4. Courier Admin charge for collecting the Custom Duty and VAT/local taxes. This is variable but can be a fixed fee or related to cost of item.
So am I right in thinking the only difference in price of ordering goods in the U.K. from the EU post-Brexit (given we have a free trade deal, so 2. doesn’t apply) is the difference in VAT between the two countries? (Pre-Brexit you would have paid VAT in the country of origin?). Or is 4 a new charge too?

So am I right in thinking the only difference in price of ordering goods in the U.K. from the EU post-Brexit (given we have a free trade deal, so 2. doesn’t apply) is the difference in VAT between the two countries? (Pre-Brexit you would have paid VAT in the country of origin?). Or is 4 a new charge too?
4 Is a new charge that Couriers have introduced. It varies between companies and seems to be predominantly UK/EU related. In Australia my son only paid the equivalent of £2 on importing a £1000 One Wheel from USA + Australian equivalent of VAT.
2. Custom Duties, not all items are Duty Free even with a Free Trade Deal, but the majority can be.

VAT can vary as different European countries can have differing VAT rates for certain goods.

That’s a much better idea, did you have them custom made Gillian or did you make them?
They were from Project Camper. I also have the ones for the cab windows in the same fabric. Much easier!

Mountain Warehouse microfibre towel (Giant) Dark Grey half price £11.99 (free delivery) perfect match to the T6.1 grey fabric. So now our dog can jump onto the easy washable towel when wet and dirty!!

IMG_7570.jpg

VW rubber floor mats, bought via campervanbits, new mats in our T6.1 Ocean were getting muddy really quickly and not easy to clean, so these are perfect!

IMG_7571.jpg

Well having searched previous posts regarding ice I was kinda hoping I could freeze at home then put in back on coldest part & they would last - Im going to experiment with fingers crossed!
Please do report back. I really hope you are successful for my wife's sake. G&T's without ice whilst camping = her idea of a disaster!

Please do report back. I really hope you are successful for my wife's sake. G&T's without ice whilst camping = her idea of a disaster!
Haha yes mine too - have you tried other options at all ?

Well having searched previous posts regarding ice I was kinda hoping I could freeze at home then put in back on coldest part & they would last - Im going to experiment with fingers crossed!
In our T5.1 that works. What I do is I use plastic cube-bags, because you can hang them against the back wall.

But, a better trick if you ask me is to freeze bottles of water at home (big or small) and put them in the fridge. This will keep your fridge cool for longer (less leisure battery power needed) and at any given point in time you can cut the plastic bottle open, crush the ice and use it as ice for drinks.

I've seen a post where someone had some clear perspex, slightly taller that ice cube bags, and froze the water in ice cube bags at home. Then using pegs, pegged them to the perspex and stoothem up against the rear wall of the fridge.
Not only did it keep the ice frozen but the perspex protected other foods from freezing.

Not my tip but will definitely be trying this way

Haha yes mine too - have you tried other options at all ?
No, unfortunately not. Van life will be new for us. Tent campers in the past. Used a Dometic 26l fridge and a separate coolbox for the ice. I like the sound of ThomasHJ and Trudi's ideas though!

Blinds for sliding door to match the ones in the cab. Held on by slim magnets fitted to the window frame. No more battling with the big blind before opening the door.

View attachment 75225
Hi Gillian, these look great. I really like the idea, it’s much better than having to lift the big blind before opening the door. Were they easy to fit and is the fixing permanent? What do they look like from the outside?

Back