Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

View attachment 90684
Just add water and a little oil. Mix and knead for 5 mins. Leave to rest for 20 mins. Pull out or roll to shape. Can be cooked in a fry pan, ridgemonkey or on a Cadac, Cobb, etc.

Really tasty and has use by date of around a year. At the moment it’s on offer at £1 (from £1.25). It could also be used for a pizza-style base.

They also do a naan bread mix.
Looks interesting as I do a Jamie Oliver one that needs yogurt. However it can be cooked at home then frozen and will reheat. Have used as a base for pizza or just as a flat bread. Have reheated on a frying pan on an induction hob. Thanks for suggestion. This is the recipe I have used.https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/easy-flatbreads/

Bought quite a few bits for the Cali today. A low wattage (650W) electric kettle for when we are on hook up, some tie down straps for the awning, a Colapz folding bucket/watering can for filling up the water tank, a Cadac Grill and regulator to run it off the 907 gas bottle.

Looks interesting as I do a Jamie Oliver one that needs yogurt. However it can be cooked at home then frozen and will reheat. Have used as a base for pizza or just as a flat bread. Have reheated on a frying pan on an induction hob. Thanks for suggestion. This is the recipe I have used.https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/easy-flatbreads/
I make those too, Barbara. So simple in the van and we always have plain Greek yogurt. They work out great in a pan on the Cali hob or in my Cobb bbq/oven/grill and over fire. Never frozen them though.

I put it in soups, salad dressings, made up dips and overnight soaked oats. Love just eating it from the tub too.

For Cali cooking outdoors.

FB92589C-CEC4-44D0-9ED9-1AEDB4A0CF06.jpeg
I’ve been looking at this company’s products for a while and decided to go for their spring special offer (£66 including p&p). It’s top quality, produced in Britain and sustainable. https://whittleandflame.co.uk

The lump wood charcoal will take quite a bit of space so will only come away with us if there’s room, but the purechar whittlebricks are more compact and will no doubt be more convenient.

I had a go in the garden using the ash lump wood and was extremely impressed. The Flamers firefighters are amazing and I think for the smaller cooking equipment I take camping (firebox stove, Cobb grill/oven/bbq, Kellie Kettle) they’ll be able to be cut in half and still be super efficient.

I’ll be reporting on their use in the Cali cooking thread as I experiment and play with them when out and about and also at home in the garden as I practise.

Last edited:
Kebab cage for my Cobb rotisserie. Yet to be tested but seems to be robust enough and packs down very small.

A3093B8E-9573-4FD8-9163-AE7A5AB990B3.jpeg

Recently purchased the Outdoor Revolution Cayman Combo Air awning. Son decided he was going to spend the night in it! Fortunately this was last Saturday when it was warm. Seems a nice but if kit for the price (we got a 2021 model which was a good chunk cheaper than the latest 2022 one). JUST NEED THE VAN NOW!! Had a build date of 14th march. Still in build/status 20 apparently so hopefully see it soon!

IMG_20220326_192000__01.jpg

IMG_20220326_192043__01.jpg

Recently purchased the Outdoor Revolution Cayman Combo Air awning. Son decided he was going to spend the night in it! Fortunately this was last Saturday when it was warm. Seems a nice but if kit for the price (we got a 2021 model which was a good chunk cheaper than the latest 2022 one). JUST NEED THE VAN NOW!! Had a build date of 14th march. Still in build/status 20 apparently so hopefully see it soon!

View attachment 91019

View attachment 91020
I recon you will be able to park the van inside the awning - looks a good size! We have got the Khyam equivalent and it gives you lots of living space for those longer stays. We have though ended up with a smaller Kampa Cross Air awning as well for shorter trips.

Didn’t buy it but this arrived today.

3D6136E0-170B-445E-A601-66A36973E0B4.jpeg

I contacted Ridgemonkey to say my pre covid purchased Toastie XL connect had only been used twice and when I retrieved it from the van it had silver speckles where the non-stick coating had been compromised. They asked for a photo in a very quick response, duly sent. That day got a reply to say they’d see if they had replacement parts in the warehouse. This morning a courier knocked with a complete new one in its sexy black box and neoprene cover (with tools and handles).

Well I wasn’t expecting that! All done and dusted in just 4 days. I had heard the RM customer service was good, but this is beyond my expectations. A big up to RM. Great products and great service.

Back