Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I recon you will be able to park the van inside the awning - looks a good size! We have got the Khyam equivalent and it gives you lots of living space for those longer stays. We have though ended up with a smaller Kampa Cross Air awning as well for shorter trips.
It's actually a similar size to the kampa cross air. The central bits only 2m X 2m, then you have a small open porch either end. We added a door to the porch to create a separate muddy boot room. It just zips on but is really useful.

Bought some extra power capacity / flexibility for the van. Only ordered a couple of days ago, arrived this morning. Arrived 30% charged, took just over an hour to fully charge.

View attachment 91027
what are your first thoughts on it iain? seems to have some great reviews , loving that these new ones seem to charge so much faster? may be tempted

In preparation for a forthcoming trip to Arran, I thought it would be good to have a plant identification guide to take on walks. So bought ‘Arran’s Flora’ expecting photos/illustrations.
My mistake :) :)
It’s just a list - oh well !!

D618B80F-17C7-45CD-A46A-49F5B8C23309.jpeg

17557AC3-A75C-441A-93C4-D27A8E95A10E.jpeg

what are your first thoughts on it iain? seems to have some great reviews , loving that these new ones seem to charge so much faster? may be tempted

Also interested in your first handson impressions. Also tempted however finding ourself more often on a camping than wild staying

In preparation for a forthcoming trip to Arran, I thought it would be good to have a plant identification guide to take on walks. So bought ‘Arran’s Flora’ expecting photos/illustrations.
My mistake :) :)
It’s just a list - oh well !!

View attachment 91039

View attachment 91040
Do not know if any use to use but there is an app called PlantNet which you point at a plant and is tries to identify it. Past experience it gets a range but better than nothing.

You won't be replacing them again, power worries vanish and you can be reassured you can run any appliance if you grabbed an inverter also.

Envoyé de mon SM-N981B en utilisant Tapatalk
Egena can you dm me please?

Oh bug@#r how about Google Lens? It’s quite surprising how well it works :)
We use the Android app OBSIdentify. Take a pic, load it up to their server, and it tells you (sometimes...) what you just saw. Plants, bird, other animals. The server is still in a learning curve.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Do not know if any use to use but there is an app called PlantNet which you point at a plant and is tries to identify it. Past experience it gets a range but better than nothing.
Thanks @Barbara

Not had a chance to try it out yet, only charged it up thus far. Initial thoughts are that it feels like a quality product, and is not too heavy - circa 7kg. Very surprised that it charged up in such short time, takes my phone longer to charge. I like the flexibility of charging methods too.

View attachment 91335A bit cheesy but bought these cushions - handmade by a local lady in our market. I'm really pleased with them (the back is green to match our van).
As a fellow Sage Green traveller, we’d have gone for these too! You want to introduce Etsy to your local lady ;-)

We are using Obsidentify to identify plants and BirdNET to identity birds by their sound. Suits us in different parts of Europe we have been.
We’ve been wanting a bird call app for a while (newbies to the birding world) so will give BirdNET a go. As keen gardeners we’ve been using ‘Seek’ as a plant app - but it finds only around 75% of species and the camera link is iffy . Do you find Obsidentify is reliable for you?

Fitted a dashcam ... what a pfaff .... the worst bit was pulling off trim panels to hide the wires - it took me hours of pussy-footing around before realising that you need to be quite brutal to pull them off - surprisingly, nothing broke and it all went back together OK. So far no nasty rattles either. :thumb

20220403_134556.jpg

Fitted a dashcam ... what a pfaff .... the worst bit was pulling off trim panels to hide the wires - it took me hours of pussy-footing around before realising that you need to be quite brutal to pull them off - surprisingly, nothing broke and it all went back together OK. So far no nasty rattles either. :thumb

View attachment 91341
Hi interesting set up. Is it in a t6.1 and powered in the rear view mirror area what model did you install ? Thanks

Hi interesting set up. Is it in a t6.1 and powered in the rear view mirror area what model did you install ? Thanks
Hi it's a Vantrue N4, a 3-camera system with the GPS mount and a hard-wire kit ... power comes from down by the A-Pillar on the drivers side where there is a ground point and a spare fuse slot in the fuse-box (the differential lock which I don't have) - if I were to do it again, I'd power it from the OBD plug - you live and learn ;). The wires were not easy to route, had to remove trim panels all the way back to the rear of the van to get a neat install and drilled 2 small holes by the mirror for the exit points. The rear camera isn't finished yet, waiting for the grommets for the wire exit from the trim. Will post pics when it's done. Very happy with the quality of the video and the features available.

Hi it's a Vantrue N4, a 3-camera system with the GPS mount and a hard-wire kit ... power comes from down by the A-Pillar on the drivers side where there is a ground point and a spare fuse slot in the fuse-box (the differential lock which I don't have) - if I were to do it again, I'd power it from the OBD plug - you live and learn ;). The wires were not easy to route, had to remove trim panels all the way back to the rear of the van to get a neat install and drilled 2 small holes by the mirror for the exit points. The rear camera isn't finished yet, waiting for the grommets for the wire exit from the trim. Will post pics when it's done. Very happy with the quality of the video and the features available.
Thanks for full reply interested in that set up. Tell me what you think after using for a week

.. and yes, it's a T6.1
Can you sell the idea to me please?
I drove at 60mph in my Ocean and have not yet been involved in anything approaching a near miss. That’s eight whole days without incident. What are you hoping to record on your dash cam? What an I missing?

Thanks for full reply interested in that set up. Tell me what you think after using for a week
Will do, off to Switzerland/Austria/Italy at the weekend so it will get a good shake-down.

I drove at 60mph in my Ocean and have not yet been involved in anything approaching a near miss. That’s eight whole days without incident. What are you hoping to record on your dash cam? What an I missing?
To be honest, the only good stuff so far has been the interior camera ... it's like being on Gogglebox.

But to sell you the idea, an old lady in a Smart car T-Boned my 5-Series Touring a few years back - did 11K worth of damage ... she apologised for not seeing me at the scene and filled out the accident description and signed it. Later it turned out the car belonged to someone else and she changed her story - said I had overtaken her while she was turning. Fortunately I had a witness and didn't have to pay my insurance excess as she was found to be 100% at fault with the witness statement. A dashcam would have negated the need for a witness. The BMW was a company lease car, the Cali is mine - bought with real money - so now I have a dashcam. :thumb

Back