Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

capt kirk

capt kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ive just managed to get a cable from the front to the back in the ceiling for a rear dash cam fed from the front one. not as easy as you may think and don't ever take the microphone out to use as a fishing hole cos its a bitch to get back in.

Barbara

Barbara

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
New awning. Too windy today so put it out in living room . Not sure if I will ever get it back into the bag.

awning.jpg

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Well, I managed to put the Cali on a jack stand for the summer tyres change.
Just bought a 2t jack stand and a 5t bottle jack. it is an extremely tight fit having both on the small jacking point, but it works. 29€ between both at the local hardware store.

20210504_143250.jpg20210504_143256.jpg

E

Ed&El

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
E

Ed&El

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Ive just managed to get a cable from the front to the back in the ceiling for a rear dash cam fed from the front one. not as easy as you may think and don't ever take the microphone out to use as a fishing hole cos its a bitch to get back in.
I was in contact with a company I've used before to install a front/rear dash cam in my new Cali, but they won't fit a rear camera on a campervan due to the hassle involved in running the cables, and also the issue with placing the rear camera due to the pull up blind.

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Well, I managed to put the Cali on a jack stand for the summer tyres change.
Just bought a 2t jack stand and a 5t bottle jack. it is an extremely tight fit having both on the small jacking point, but it works. 29€ between both at the local hardware store.

View attachment 77917View attachment 77916
That is awesome. if you don't mind, I will steal that picture to post (with appropriate (c) assignment) to show people how to get a jack and a stand on that support. Great work.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I was in contact with a company I've used before to install a front/rear dash cam in my new Cali, but they won't fit a rear camera on a campervan due to the hassle involved in running the cables, and also the issue with placing the rear camera due to the pull up blind.
For information: SatNav Solutions in Surbiton fitted my Blackvue cameras (front & rear) but it did take them best part of a day. Rear camera is mounted on the glass and does not interfere with the blind. Similarly, the front camera does not interfere with the front window blinds.

capt kirk

capt kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
blind not an issue as camera mounted well away from the hook but i can see why they shy away

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
That is awesome. if you don't mind, I will steal that picture to post (with appropriate (c) assignment) to show people how to get a jack and a stand on that support. Great work.
Please note in the picture, I didn't put the pin to prevent the transverse bolt on the jack stand to slip out. It would have been too safe otherwise :D.
The safety pin should be in, even though the bolt is unlikely to slip out with the weight on.

VW California Club