Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Building my Cali stash in anticipation of my beach arriving soon.

- Euro Crate Storage boxes for the rear inspired by this thread.

View attachment 96805

I don’t suppose anybody with a Beach pull out boot tray knows how much space there is from the tray to the bottom of the multiflex?

This will be 44cm tall when I add a bamboo chopping board lid. I hope that they fit :D

Also bought:

- Enamel deep plates and pie dish bowls from Falcon enamel.
- Bungee & Hook up cable from the club shop.
- Single duvet cover to use as a sheet for the top mattress.
- Outwell collapsible kettle
- 2 in 1 Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detector.

Trying to hold off buying anything else until the van arrives…
2 or 3 seater Beach? If it’s 2 we can measure for you.

Building my Cali stash in anticipation of my beach (3 seater bench) arriving soon.

View attachment 96805

I don’t suppose anybody with a Beach pull out boot tray knows how much space there is from the tray to the bottom of the multiflex?

This will be 44cm tall when I add a bamboo chopping board lid. I hope that they fit :D

Also bought:

Standard 42cm Euro box fits fine with a sliding boot tray, and has some room still under the MFB. You lose some height at the back due to the MFB Flap mechanism + bag hooks (can easily be removed to give a bit more height)

2 year service plan, warranty, MOT and roadside assistance with 25% discount
@Moose , time for me also to go for that, as my service plan is also coming to an end. From where and if you don't mind me asking - is that 25% off an offer by the dealer?

Standard 42cm Euro box fits fine with a sliding boot tray, and has some room still under the MFB. You lose some height at the back due to the MFB Flap mechanism + bag hooks (can easily be removed to give a bit more height)
Thanks so much!

How much and where from if you don’t mind me asking
Going through my posts I realised I didn't see this question and didn't reply!!! I imagine you know the answers by now (or even own one). Bought in the club shop (CampervanBits.com) for £90. That was in April 2021 though.. and I see it's now a tad more expensive!

Building my Cali stash in anticipation of my beach (3 seater bench) arriving soon.

View attachment 96805

Also bought:

CF4C5AB6-FCF3-4D64-AE30-E2680E96FFEB.jpeg
46 cm but you loose about 3cm in the middle

Thanks so much! What I’ve planned will fit. How do you find the Gruenthal tray?

I’ve got so many things on my wish list from their website
I think with the tray I would go for a different one if buying again. The only issue is that it has tabs that attach to the runners so you cannot slide the MFB back. my Fridge is a little high when on the tray but Not enough to justify a new purchase.

I think with the tray I would go for a different one if buying again. The only issue is that it has tabs that attach to the runners so you cannot slide the MFB back. my Fridge is a little high when on the tray but Not enough to justify a new purchase.
Thanks I’ll bear that in mind when choosing the one to get

Hi @Elmo3, after 2 years of ownership how have you found the Mobicool MCF40? I’d be interested to know, thanks.

Hi, it’s been perfect, delighted with it. Doesn’t seem to draw too much on the leisure battery. Think we had 5 days with the single battery on the Beach with plenty of charge left. A perfect fit in the van as well, highly recommended.

Hi, it’s been perfect, delighted with it. Doesn’t seem to draw too much on the leisure battery. Think we had 5 days with the single battery on the Beach with plenty of charge left. A perfect fit in the van as well, highly recommended.
Thanks @Elmo3, that’s reassuring to read.

Made not bought. I having been using these 3D printed inserts in the slide out cup holders. My SHO Calex thermal cup “just” caught on the lower front edge of the holder and stayed in place, until one day some over enthusiastic acceleration put the full cup on the floor between the seats. Printed these and then VHB taped them in place. They work perfectly, high enough to hold the cup, low enough to still be able to get stuff in the drawer!!!

5A15D67B-7267-4418-91FE-9252AE496FAB.jpeg

Oh a few things this time, I’m quite buzzing with excitement! :D
3314E80E-7A18-4102-9D37-BE86F9727EA4.jpeg

A pair of cork mats from IKEA that fit the Kuggis lid in the cutlery draw perfectly… £2.50

2 x Dunelm small double fitted sheets for both upstairs and downstairs (top one in a matching green and bottom one in a matching grey….sad?) … 2 x £11

And the best till last, a boot liner from Halfords for £23 that fits the boot exactly and will protect the space from our Brompton’s

A good day I’d say :thumb

6F6E90D9-C419-46C4-AD43-34F77C902F2B.jpeg

20D71B51-C3A9-4981-A1D4-0F23F886D3B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that the large or medium size boot liner.

Eventually succumbed to the temptation of a projector. @CaliforniaTime your enthusiasm won me over. Went for the Capsule II mainly for the USB 2 charging. After a quick test today I’m impressed.7BFB23C0-756E-43B7-B1C1-3A6CBE4BCFED.jpeg

I have had my daughter design and build an phone and watch holder for our T6.1. It hangs on the side of the sink and gives me somewhere to leave my phone and smart watch over night whilst they recharge with the nearby USB leads. Its designed to fit an iPhone 12 Pro but would fit anything similar.

Anyways, its great, as you can see. She has also put a link on thingiverse in case you want to print your own.

holder w phone.jpeg

We bought a fire extinguisher, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm. We already had a fire blanket and thought we needed the full set of safety kit! We bought some of those removable hooks to attach them.

Back