Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

952281588b091fed9cc23cbc26a865c2.jpg

Yes, no problem. You have to mount right at the end of the rear panel so as not to impeded the sliding door (see photo on my van)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also the panel is a lot stronger closer to a seam.

So I popped out to the van at lunchtime to fit some "Yes Campervan" shelves. What a transformation of space! Just need the Master of Holiday Packing (read: Mrs) to figure out what goes where.

Honestly, the tambor door 'cover' should have been standard on T6's - no more "inoperable door because somethings in the way of it rolling back".

I'm pretty anal when it comes to quality and loathe unecessary effort. Paired with a short temper when it comes to anythingDIY, I genuinely did not expect a positive outcome to this experience :D

So I popped out to the van at lunchtime to fit some "Yes Campervan" shelves. What a transformation of space! Just need the Master of Holiday Packing (read: Mrs) to figure out what goes where.

Honestly, the tambor door 'cover' should have been standard on T6's - no more "inoperable door because somethings in the way of it rolling back".

I'm pretty anal when it comes to quality and loathe unecessary effort. Paired with a short temper when it comes to anythingDIY, I genuinely did not expect a positive outcome to this experience :D
I got Yes Shelves and they are great for helping you find stuff.
Usually everything is piled in, on top of one another

I got Yes Shelves and they are great for helping you find stuff.
Usually everything is piled in, on top of one another
I kid you not, our wardrobe is more akin to a lucky dip of clean clothes, dirty clothes and a dash of lost cuddly toys from camping seasons past.

If anything, it should help change those habits! I hope...

So this week has been a bit of a pamper week for the van it seems!

Yes Campervan shelves are in; about 10-15 minutes to install at most - only challenge was getting my head inside to make sure the mounting panels are lined up. For the T6, one of the mounting panels also acts as a tambor door cover, so packing cubes etc no longer jam the door from opening. Just looking to install some anti-slip mats (or similar). Also installed some motion sensor rechargable LED lights from Amazon so that each shelf lights up as you reach in (also a remote, but *shrugs* - not necessary for a wardrobe). Really pleased with the functional and aesthetical outcome! Just waiting on the boss to get it kitted out.
13.jpg

The 50 Nord gear has arrived too (a day late thanks to ParcelForce giving me a one hour slot, and letting me know 20 minutes into it whilst I was out :D)

First impression - the boxes feel completely different to what I thought they would. they look cardboardy, but it's more akin to a plastic with a felt-like surface. They come flatpacked and fold into shape almost seamlessly. When you see and feel them in person, the price makes more sense!

We'll get a video up as mentioned, but I was too impatient to resist opening a box up. Just thought i'd share the first thoughts! (banana for scale)

11.jpg
12.jpg

@Lee.Van.Cleef @wildslammer22

Last edited:
So this week has been a bit of a pamper week for the van it seems!

Yes Campervan shelves are in; about 10-15 minutes to install at most - only challenge was getting my head inside to make sure the mounting panels are lined up. For the T6, one of the mounting panels also acts as a tambor door cover, so packing cubes etc no longer jam the door from opening. Just looking to install some anti-slip mats (or similar). Also installed some motion sensor rechargable LED lights from Amazon so that each shelf lights up as you reach in (also a remote, but *shrugs* - not necessary for a wardrobe). Really pleased with the functional and aesthetical outcome! Just waiting on the boss to get it kitted out.
View attachment 118069

The 50 Nord gear has arrived too (a day late thanks to ParcelForce giving me a one hour slot, and letting me know 20 minutes into it whilst I was out :D)

First impression - the boxes feel completely different to what I thought they would. they look cardboardy, but it's more akin to a plastic with a felt-like surface. They come flatpacked and fold into shape almost seamlessly. When you see and feel them in person, the price makes more sense!

We'll get a video up as mentioned, but I was too impatient to resist opening a box up. Just thought i'd share the first thoughts! (banana for scale)

View attachment 118070
View attachment 118071

@Lee.Van.Cleef @wildslammer22
That is an over-engineered banana storage solution, have you tried one of these? £3.50.

IMG_1935.jpeg

A bit niche given that most folk seem not to bother with the VW supplied cab window blinds, but these little PARKLA zippy bags can go on the IKEA list. They are an irregular shape but take the blinds well & are useful to keep them clean without taking up additional space. Probably also useful for random cab storage like pyjamas etc. We recently picked a few up in Bargain Corner for 50p so not sure if they are discontinued or not.

The side blinds both fit in one with ample space while the old style cloth windscreen blind fills another.

(We default to Comfortz insulated external front window blinds which are excellent, but find it useful to have these as a spare set of we want to get away quickly without the faff of a damp blind, or just to keep the sun out on a hot day.

PXL_20240114_115102162.jpg

PXL_20240114_115112246.jpg

I bought, assembled and fitted a shoe rack. Added a rubber liner to the top shelf to stop stuff slipping off. Bought on Amazon, very good quality (powder coated steel).

040 Parts Shoe Rack Black Passenger Side Accessories Suitable for VW T5 T6 T6.1 California Shoe Organiser Shoe Bag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C7S62JRG?tag=eliteelect-21

IMG_0683.jpeg

@Lee.Van.Cleef We love the different size ikea bags, we use the ones in your photo to store wet trainers (if we can’t leave them under the van).

@Maidment_Ocean We've been looking at the various shoe racks, and came across this one earlier. Is that Velcro I can see at the back to attach the rack to the van? Also, if you ever use the downstairs bed, please can you take another photo of the rack and the bed? We’re struggling to visualise it and want to make sure we can use it easily with the bed made, when trying to squeeze in the van after the last loo visit of the night without letting any bugs in!

@Lee.Van.Cleef We love the different size ikea bags, we use the ones in your photo to store wet trainers (if we can’t leave them under the van).

@Maidment_Ocean We've been looking at the various shoe racks, and came across this one earlier. Is that Velcro I can see at the back to attach the rack to the van? Also, if you ever use the downstairs bed, please can you take another photo of the rack and the bed? We’re struggling to visualise it and want to make sure we can use it easily with the bed made, when trying to squeeze in the van after the last loo visit of the night without letting any bugs in!
The Velcro is at the bottom sticking it to the floor, the back bit you can see is actually some felt I put there to stop any rubbing on the plastic. TBH, not put the bed out since I fitted it, will try and get a picture sometime.

I bought, assembled and fitted a shoe rack. Added a rubber liner to the top shelf to stop stuff slipping off. Bought on Amazon, very good quality (powder coated steel).

040 Parts Shoe Rack Black Passenger Side Accessories Suitable for VW T5 T6 T6.1 California Shoe Organiser Shoe Bag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C7S62JRG?tag=eliteelect-21

View attachment 118143
Been looking at these a while. Can you still get the table out of the door with it in place or do you need to shift the shoe rack? Not that it's an arduous job - just one more piece of the sliding jigsaw puzzle to consider if so.

Been looking at these a while. Can you still get the table out of the door with it in place or do you need to shift the shoe rack? Not that it's an arduous job - just one more piece of the sliding jigsaw puzzle to consider if so.

I have BusBoxx one but I think they all fit and work the same way. It doesn’t impede the bed sliding or access to the table in the door.

The shoe rack description is a bit of a stretch, it works for a couple of pairs of sandals, slippers or kids shoes - anything substantially bigger then realistically just one pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing yes but not tried it!

Agree with @wildslammer22 - we have another version made from grey Perspex, with a 12v socket in. No issues with the bed or access to the table. We stuff in our ‘site shoes’ (clogs) and flip flops. When the bed in made up its a bit fiddly reaching your shoes. I think the Velcro on the back face is a good idea - I have the habit of kicking ours off the step - got a bungee fitted to try and stop that.

Back