Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

So this week has been a bit of a pamper week for the van it seems!

Yes Campervan shelves are in; about 10-15 minutes to install at most - only challenge was getting my head inside to make sure the mounting panels are lined up. For the T6, one of the mounting panels also acts as a tambor door cover, so packing cubes etc no longer jam the door from opening. Just looking to install some anti-slip mats (or similar). Also installed some motion sensor rechargable LED lights from Amazon so that each shelf lights up as you reach in (also a remote, but *shrugs* - not necessary for a wardrobe). Really pleased with the functional and aesthetical outcome! Just waiting on the boss to get it kitted out.
View attachment 118069

The 50 Nord gear has arrived too (a day late thanks to ParcelForce giving me a one hour slot, and letting me know 20 minutes into it whilst I was out :D)

First impression - the boxes feel completely different to what I thought they would. they look cardboardy, but it's more akin to a plastic with a felt-like surface. They come flatpacked and fold into shape almost seamlessly. When you see and feel them in person, the price makes more sense!

We'll get a video up as mentioned, but I was too impatient to resist opening a box up. Just thought i'd share the first thoughts! (banana for scale)

View attachment 118070
View attachment 118071

@Lee.Van.Cleef @wildslammer22

Just watched your vid on the Yes shelves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Picked up my pre-ordered Thule bike rack from the club shop yesterday and whilst there bought a couple of RidgeMonkeys. Wow, I can throw a load of pans away now. gyuto knives
On getting home I found that the hinge was broken on one of the sets, both pins snapped, which CampervanBits have fully credited me for, no hassle. Thanks guys.
It really does pay to use the club shop
Good customer service can make a significant difference.

My wife absolutely went to town for Christmas, we’ve had a lousy 6 months of ownership with bellowsgate and Eurovans but we’ve resolved to try and fall back in love with the van and make the best of it.

Ecoflow Delta 2 with a waterproof case, Mogo 2 projector with a carry case, tripod, screen and brackets from the club shop, a JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker and also some extra plugs for the Ecoflow so I can copy the @andybeary setup from his YouTube video. Should keep me busy for a few days setting it all up, am a very lucky boy.

Merry Christmas one and all.

View attachment 117561
Can we swap wife’s please

Yep, make sure the van is clean before you attach them. I’ve made a very simple tool which locks into where the awning feet fit, making removal really easy without any risk to the paintwork.

Without this tool that you created, do you think there would be a risk to the paintwork?

Any chance of a photo of the tool please?

I’m so tempted to order these, but not if I then end up ruining the paintwork.

Without this tool that you created, do you think there would be a risk to the paintwork?

I have metallic black paint which is notorious for showing any scratches and so far all good.

The instructions tell you to remove the 10mm bolt that attached the ‘latches’ on the magnet and reattach and use the spanner to just lift the magnet off the bodywork. That’s a bit of a faff in my book so I have a an old camera strap which had a Velcro attachment, loop that around the latch faster and pull swiftly outward and they are off. The key is to pull way from the van and not along the bodywork in anyway.

Hope that makes sense? I’m out in the West Country awaiting storm Isha so they might get a good work out tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW I gave it a really good test last night, wound out 2/3 of the way in wind gusts of 40 mph and it was rock solid. Unlike when pegged to the ground the awning doesn’t appear to rattle in the wind either.

Disclaimer - I’m not endorsing the magnets for high winds so don’t sue me!

Last edited:
We just received our new cali and already had quite some accessories in the house.

Small list if items i just installed. Rest to come. Much too cold to stay outside now :)

- Busboxx shoebox
- Brandrub carpet
- VW rubber mats
- Gruenthal trashcan
- Thetford 335
- Brandrub portapotti holder
- Fridge thingies to prevent freezing

E566B2FC-B473-47EE-829C-FF04C7E445DD.JPG
5FC5AA31-7D35-4CDF-A6A6-FBB8DE67454F.JPG

06EFFE34-DF3B-4D16-ADC8-28BA3D804E36.JPG
A7D817F2-6245-4934-9F46-7E1DBF6C5756.JPG
3AC092D5-F854-43AD-B0C0-9B96CE666CAB.JPG

And our new van
98EFC261-9EF3-45AA-B922-2BE217AEBB2E_1_201_a.jpeg

BTW I gave it a really good test last night, wound out 2/3 of the way in wind guts of 40 mph and it was rock solid. Unlike when pegged to the ground the awning doesn’t appear to rattle in the wind either.

Disclaimer - I’m not endorsing the magnets for high wing so don’t sure me!

Haha, thanks for all the info - much appreciated and all good to know. Looks like being another windy day today.

Nice collection, you’ve been busy! The three section shelf (I think), any chance of some photos when you put it in place please, plus a link of where to buy.
Looks like a pair of Gruenthal shelves (?). I've been pondering those for some time but put off by the postage and uncertainties about how costly it might be to import them.
I'd also be interested in pictures of those installed in an Ocean, especially in relation to whether or not the obsecure the rear air vents.

Looks like a pair of Gruenthal shelves (?). I've been pondering those for some time but put off by the postage and uncertainties about how costly it might be to import them.
I'd also be interested in pictures of those installed in an Ocean, especially in relation to whether or not the obsecure the rear air vents.
They are indeed a pair of Gruenthal shelves. Will show once installed.

I live in the Netherlands so shipping costs were not so high. Especially because i ordered some more stuff from them. Its really nice quality.

I can confirm they don’t block the vents but they do obscure the kitchen lights a bit. Doesn’t impact their effectiveness just you have to feel around for the switches a bit in the dark.

Haha, thanks for all the info - much appreciated and all good to know. Looks like being another windy day today.

It certainly was, I was walking on Dartmoor and the storm came in around 2:30. Nearly got blown off of Rippon Tor!

It certainly was, I was walking on Dartmoor and the storm came in around 2:30. Nearly got blown off of Rippon Tor!

Thanks to you I bought a set of these. My wallet isn’t happy but hey. That’s how it goes right? Arrive tomorrow. Also my second BougeRV CIGS panel arrives. Install on Saturday as I’ll be at a customer location all week.

Thanks to you I bought a set of these. My wallet isn’t happy but hey. That’s how it goes right? Arrive tomorrow. Also my second BougeRV CIGS panel arrives. Install on Saturday as I’ll be at a customer location all week.

Swiss prices!

So this week has been a bit of a pamper week for the van it seems!

Yes Campervan shelves are in; about 10-15 minutes to install at most - only challenge was getting my head inside to make sure the mounting panels are lined up. For the T6, one of the mounting panels also acts as a tambor door cover, so packing cubes etc no longer jam the door from opening. Just looking to install some anti-slip mats (or similar). Also installed some motion sensor rechargable LED lights from Amazon so that each shelf lights up as you reach in (also a remote, but *shrugs* - not necessary for a wardrobe). Really pleased with the functional and aesthetical outcome! Just waiting on the boss to get it kitted out.
View attachment 118069

The 50 Nord gear has arrived too (a day late thanks to ParcelForce giving me a one hour slot, and letting me know 20 minutes into it whilst I was out :D)

First impression - the boxes feel completely different to what I thought they would. they look cardboardy, but it's more akin to a plastic with a felt-like surface. They come flatpacked and fold into shape almost seamlessly. When you see and feel them in person, the price makes more sense!

We'll get a video up as mentioned, but I was too impatient to resist opening a box up. Just thought i'd share the first thoughts! (banana for scale)

View attachment 118070
View attachment 118071

@Lee.Van.Cleef @wildslammer22
How are you getting on with these?
I'm currently wavering between the 3 drawer metal option for the right side (just over £300 after discount) or the 2 drawer 50° N option (I guess around £200+ depending on final postage & customs hit). Are you still happy with these rather than the metal ones?

Decathlon 3 season sleeping bag

Threw it into the payment pit and £4.99 price popped up. I called the assistant over to explain the price is £109 and he helpfully took it away and removed the security tag.

I wish I’d bought half a dozen of them.

Visited the Glasgow Camping and Caravan Show yesterday having recently purchased our new Cali Ocean. Had delayed a number of purchases until attending the show so had a clear idea of what we wanted.
- Cadac 2 Cook 3 Pro with 907 compatable attachement. Silicon tongues and nylon spatula included for free as show special offer.
- Cadac paella pan.
- Brunner Venetian Midday 12 piece set.
- Brunner colander.
- Brunner Pirate alu cooking set.
Also joined the C&C Club and CAMC - both with 2 x free booking vouchers.

Also considered drive-away awnings but remain undecided and will wait until we’ve been away for a few more nights. Inclined towards a Vango Faros III, although they didn’t have one at the show which may have swayed us. Looked at mattress toppers for bottom bed too, but very little on display other than inflatable offers from Vango and OR. UKCustommattress had good value memory foam toppers but the 5cm one very bulky for rear shelf.

All in all a good day out and delighted with our haul. New revised Cadac 2 Cook 3 Pro in particular looks like an excellent portable BBQ option and top build quality. Only regret is that I wasn’t able to look at Duvalay sleeping bags.

Back