Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Just bought this, not specifically for the cali but does a fantastic job of blowing out the residual water that dribbles from the windows, handles awning etc. After washing and leaving run lines later.
Makita DAS180
Makita DAS180Z 18V LXT Cordless Brushless Dust Blower Bare Unit

Just bought this, not specifically for the cali but does a fantastic job of blowing out the residual water that dribbles from the windows, handles awning etc. After washing and leaving run lines later.
Makita DAS180
Makita DAS180Z 18V LXT Cordless Brushless Dust Blower Bare Unit
Thats about the only makita bit of kit I don't have, you've given me a use for it so I best get one.... I find the new 18v kettle very useful, its a bit more discreet when parked on street than firing up the gas hob.

I’m a bit of a Makita collector too. My latest was a compressor to pump tyres or whatever up, great bit of kit. Might have to look into one of these though……

I’m a bit of a Makita collector too. My latest was a compressor to pump tyres or whatever up, great bit of kit. Might have to look into one of these though……
Compressor is excellent, it's far quicker and quieter than the vw corded 12v pump. tend to keep one of those & one of the torches in the van just in case.

Also just happen to have 6 makpacs in the boot with a few other tools just in case for work, you never know when a 2x18v grinder, or an autofeed screwdriver or a 2x18v demolition hammer might be useful. I employ workers on a day rate & they invariably turn up on site without tools, I think ive got something like 50 batteries scattered between sites & have a dozen or so sitting in chargers at home ready for tomorrow.

Wow that is some collection if you have all those batteries. I’m even getting my other half into Makita tools. I bought her a hand held grass trimmer that she is very impressed with. Cheap as chips if you already have batteries and a charger and you just buy the bare unit.

When leaving the van I was always leaving my phone in there. Solution was a very visible vent mounted MagSafe compatible dock from Peak Design. Very sturdy and doesn’t wobble. Cable pugs into a 12v USB-C plug.

View attachment 127156

View attachment 127157
I bought similar MagSafe for my phone, yes a really solid mount. I was initially going to mount in a similar location close to a possibly open window, but thought about it could be of a temptation to be snatched. So mounted it on a centre vent.

I’m a bit of a Mikita hoarder, once you have the chargers and batteries. Through work, drills, grinders, jig saws, rattle guns,etc . In recent times lights, torches, garden equipment, strimmer, lawnmower, shears, vacuum etc. All running off my original 18v set up. Really is a good setup. So when I go away now some of the kit comes with me, ie
Compressor, rattle gun with sockets, for wheel nuts and Peggy pegs, camping lights, vacuum cleaner, could be endless but that does me.

When using the Nebula we alway put on the table. The thing is the tables sort of in the way to access drinks and food etc (I know it’s a hard life…) so I thought about fixing the Nebula elsewhere. So I bought a window suction bracket with the correct thread for under the Nebula to fit on the sliding door window. All great and did a test trial at home for 1 night to make sure it didn’t drop off, it didn’t. What I didn’t think about was pulling the blind down for maximum darkness and that the further away the Nebula is the bigger the picture so it was far too big for my home made projector screen. Anyway going back to the table method until I can think of another (silly) idea

72BF5157-0882-44CB-97C4-1AFD65D748D2.jpeg

E8EEE395-5120-4192-A37C-3EA6DF548A62.jpeg

7B884A63-53C8-4EAF-8691-8D9AF14F9436.jpeg

0C01F10A-7F98-4A9E-AF6C-67BC59A58756.jpeg

We've really struggled with airflow for the kids in the grand Cali. Unlike our Ocean, we dont have any vents and so we've got to run the fan at 'BLOW YOUR FACE OFF' setting just to get them to feel it. So we nabbed one of these off Amazon; lasts 24 hours, rechargable, clips into place really well with soft rubber, and can be placed all around the van. Also has feet so it can sit stationary on a surface. Four settings, ranging from silent sleeping to takeoff mode. Really pleased with it. https://amzn.to/3WAikSu

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-04 at 14.13.46_0435456e.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-04 at 14.13.46_e921bc0f.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-04 at 14.13.46_942431b0.jpg

IMG_20240730_172933.jpg
Front and rear discs and brake pads.
OEM brands (TRW and ATE) at the price of only 2 brake discs at VW.
I think it will be about time any time to have them changed.
After 14 years and just shy of 200000km, the front discs and pads, and the rear discs are close to be needing to be changed.
The rear brake pads have already been changed at about 130000km.

We've really struggled with airflow for the kids in the grand Cali. Unlike our Ocean, we dont have any vents and so we've got to run the fan at 'BLOW YOUR FACE OFF' setting just to get them to feel it. So we nabbed one of these off Amazon; lasts 24 hours, rechargable, clips into place really well with soft rubber, and can be placed all around the van. Also has feet so it can sit stationary on a surface. Four settings, ranging from silent sleeping to takeoff mode. Really pleased with it. https://amzn.to/3WAikSu

View attachment 127347

View attachment 127348

View attachment 127349
Thanks for the recommendation! Just clicked your link and purchased and it gave me a £10 discount voucher, so £23 delivered (with Prime). Thrilled as I intend to pop this on the bed side table as so warm some nights of late.

Thanks for the recommendation! Just clicked your link and purchased and it gave me a £10 discount voucher, so £23 delivered (with Prime). Thrilled as I intend to pop this on the bed side table as so warm some nights of late.
Bargain at 23! I've started using mine in the house - office and bedroom. Follows me around more than the dog currently!

I bought some 1400n Hydro-Lift tailgate struts from Busschmiede.de so that my tailgate stays open with the bike rack and the extra pair of Frontrunner chairs inside. Game changer - So pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Been looking for neat unobtrusive phone holder for my iPhone as there is crap all places on the 6.1 apart from top of dash and don't want it to be seen. i have mounted to side of shifter so no where near dash great design solid bit of kit.
1722885206054.png

Back