Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Decided to go for the Outdoor Revolution Van Light chairs.

Can confirm, they fit into the back of the Cali tailgate and are a lot more comfortable than the standard chairs. Even better if you add foam seat cushions from Ikea. Makes the bar across the front more comfortable.

View attachment 127884
Yeah I bought some a few weeks back hand they are much more comfortable, and lock open which was a big issue with the Cali ones my youngest folded one on him self twice!

It’s a shame about the wooden arms (and green brand lettering). They look out of place. If it wasn't for that, i'm sure we'd nab a pair.
I didn’t like the look of the arms when I saw the pics, in the flesh though I think it looks oaky, and it’s real wood! I thought it was plastic fake wood lol

I would go for the new chairs too, but for not being able to slide in an EHU cable either in between the seat and back, or above in the space

So I too invested my hard earned cash in new Outdoor Revolution chairs and I was amazed how much comfier they are or am I more disappointed in how bad the VW originals are. Anyway, more importantly there are a lot of very clever people on this forum and there must be someone with a 3d printer ready to take up the challenge of making new securing clips. Come on people, get some sorted PLEASE!, same clip design just a few mm longer

Well, not today but some time ago I bought these Brandrup covers for the standard chairs. Padded and improved comfort. Matching the interior. Fit well and store with the chair. Happy with it, as with all Brandrup items I have.... including seat covers for the inside. Same pattern so seats look like OEM but are covered.

So I too invested my hard earned cash in new Outdoor Revolution chairs and I was amazed how much comfier they are or am I more disappointed in how bad the VW originals are. Anyway, more importantly there are a lot of very clever people on this forum and there must be someone with a 3d printer ready to take up the challenge of making new securing clips. Come on people, get some sorted PLEASE!, same clip design just a few mm longer
Do you know how the clips come off, it looks like there is a shaft all the way across.

Do you know how the clips come off, it looks like there is a shaft all the way across.
Looks like you just remove a few screws and the shaft comes out ready for the new improved version, used some of those elastic tent thingies with the plastic ball on , probably there for life now

Excellent use of space. You used “hig” clips? Are they known by another name? I guess these just screw in? Wondering if anyone stores their mosquito nets like this?
That was a typo of big

Just some simple aliexpress screw clips

Well, not today but some time ago I bought these Brandrup covers for the standard chairs. Padded and improved comfort. Matching the interior. Fit well and store with the chair. Happy with it, as with all Brandrup items I have.... including seat covers for the inside. Same pattern so seats look like OEM but are covered.

€72.50 total for both chairs, or each? It isn’t clear.

€72.50 total for both chairs, or each? It isn’t clear.
Its each! I have them & it does make a significant difference to the standard chairs

I have been advised to get one of these several times since joinig the board. I also notice every new member is advised to get one. Having searched the board I can only see 1 post in the last 6 years that someone has had a spare wheel stolen. Either most people have a spare safe or it isn't really as big a threat as it was in in 2014. I will carry out a social experiment on behalf of the board and not get one. I live in an urban city area and leave my van on the drive. I have gone 7 weeks without one so I will see how long it lasts. I have the original set of 16" wheels so can use one of those if the spare goes missing. I will update you as and when it is nicked!

It may be an essential bit of kit or an urban myth, we shall see.
How’s it going 3+ years later?

Thunderbirds are go. First the Brompton then an Anfibio Rebel 2K packraft. My Cali is feeling more and more like TB 2. I will take this on my next holiday to Austria, Slovenia and Italia in 10 days.

Anfibio Rebel 2K - Anfibio Packrafting Store

Thunderbirds are go. First the Brompton then an Anfibio Rebel 2K packraft. My Cali is feeling more and more like TB 2. I will take this on my next holiday to Austria, Slovenia and Italia in 10 days.

Anfibio Rebel 2K - Anfibio Packrafting Store

Excellent, you’ll love it. I’ve had great fun in mine but for some reason my pup hates it. She loves being perched on the paddle board but is a nightmare in the raft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been advised to get one of these several times since joinig the board. I also notice every new member is advised to get one. Having searched the board I can only see 1 post in the last 6 years that someone has had a spare wheel stolen. Either most people have a spare safe or it isn't really as big a threat as it was in in 2014. I will carry out a social experiment on behalf of the board and not get one. I live in an urban city area and leave my van on the drive. I have gone 7 weeks without one so I will see how long it lasts. I have the original set of 16" wheels so can use one of those if the spare goes missing. I will update you as and when it is nicked!

It may be an essential bit of kit or an urban myth, we shall see.
My van is almost 15 years old. I don't have a spare safe. I have greased both bolts to get them out easily if I get a puncture.
My van is parked on the road or the driveway. My spare wheel has never been stolen (up to now), and I don't think anyone wants to steal my completely rusted spare wheel with a 2009 almost completely worn tyre. It's good enough for driving a few hundred miles if necessary. I will change the tyre with a new worn tyre when I replace my front tyres.
I bought 1 tyre the first time I had to change my front tyres, so I had 2 new tyres, but only had to buy one.
I would be in discomfort if I lose my spare wheel, but a second hand, rusted wheel with a random tyre is easy to find, and would help my out, if it should get stolen one day (I really hope it isn't).

This might be viewed as heresy by some but I actually prefer that Mazda to the Dakar Porsche.
That be crazy talk. The 959 is a bonafide classic.
The Mazda wouldn't look out of place on a Mad Max set though.

Back