Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I had a QI charger in the small cubby hole between the gloveboxes on my T6

View attachment 127573
Bought a washing line so that we can leave the van at the campsite and leave stuff outside drying. Not cheap but it fits perfectly on the awning rails and packs away nicely.
I found one those was an excellent way of removing dirt from the side of the van onto towels. We now use hooks fitted into the slot on the front edge of the awning to hang stuff from.

Last edited:
I found one z to hose was an excellent way of removing dirt from the side of the van onto towels. We now use hooks fitted into the slot on the front edge of the awning to hang stuff from.
So its a win win . Clean the van and dry the towels. The trick will be to have a bit of old sheet that hangs on the inside line so that the washing brushes up against that. Or to put the wife's towel there.

I know a lot of Cali owners have Yeti mugs/cups. What size fits the T6.1 dashboard cup holder? I'm on holiday in the States and the local Dick's Sporting Goods has a huge selection at good prices compared to the UK

I know a lot of Cali owners have Yeti mugs/cups. What size fits the T6.1 dashboard cup holder? I'm on holiday in the States and the local Dick's Sporting Goods has a huge selection at good prices compared to the UK
This is what we have - fits a treat:

Rambler® 16 oz (475 ml) Pint Cup - Nordic Blue​

Try the Camelback Forge. It has an excellent spring clip / trigger spout for safe drinking while driving. We have a T6 and the older version of the Forge so can't vouch for 6.1 compatibility, but well worth checking out.

Finally got some 18" Springfield alloys.

I've been on 17s and was scared I'd ruin the ride but they just didn't look right in those massive arches. Looked like castor wheels. Much happier now - the ride is fine and the van feels more controllable without too much waft when cornering. Super happy with the looks but mildly annoyed at the cost of the tyres.

View attachment IMG_3136.jpgView attachment IMG_3155.jpg

When leaving the van I was always leaving my phone in there. Solution was a very visible vent mounted MagSafe compatible dock from Peak Design. Very sturdy and doesn’t wobble. Cable pugs into a 12v USB-C plug. /QUOTE]

I love Peak Design stuff. I have two of their bike mounts, tripod, bag and some other bits. Great quality, bulletproof. Haven’t bought the Cali yet (final stages of sorting money) but now want one of these for it (along with *everything else* I want!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to go for the Outdoor Revolution Van Light chairs.

Can confirm, they fit into the back of the Cali tailgate and are a lot more comfortable than the standard chairs. Even better if you add foam seat cushions from Ikea. Makes the bar across the front more comfortable.

20240816_125024.jpg

Decided to go for the Outdoor Revolution Van Light chairs.

Can confirm, they fit into the back of the Cali tailgate and are a lot more comfortable than the standard chairs. Even better if you add foam seat cushions from Ikea. Makes the bar across the front more comfortable.

View attachment 127884
Its a shame about the wooden arms (and green brand lettering). They look out of place. If it wasn't for that, i'm sure we'd nab a pair.

Its a shame about the wooden arms (and green brand lettering). They look out of place. If it wasn't for that, i'm sure we'd nab a pair.
We've just come back from two weeks away with them and can recommend. As a family of 3 we took two new plus one old which allowed direct comparison. They are much much more comfortable & lighter. Wooden handles slightly prone to scratching (ours arrived cosmetically damaged but I couldn't be bothered to quibble).

The only potential down sides are that since they are fabric rather than mesh they can stain ,(as we discovered after olive oil spill) - though I imagine it will clean. They are also pop riveted rather than screwed, so no tightening up if they fail, but then perhaps they're less likely to.
All in all very happy at the price point. A seller on eBay is offering them singly if you wanted to test the water.

Back