Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

That be crazy talk. The 959 is a bonafide classic.
The Mazda wouldn't look out of place on a Mad Max set though.
I never got the Porsche thing, maybe because my formative years were early 80’s so they are forever tarnished by the yuppies for me! Always fond of a Mazda though, had an RX7 for a bit, loved the rotary engine but it had to go when I kept getting asked if I was a hairdresser…

Porsche or Covin kit?

It was next to this Covin 911 kit
20240804_120737.jpg

Looks like your buyers remorse was short lived? The great thing about the Cali is you can really make it your own in a way that’s hard to do with virtually any other vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree with this. It’s a full time hobby. The boot pull out drawer, rubber mats & solar from @Californication69 were game changers.

Remorse was partially for not speccing 4Motion. Sorted that with the MX5

And partially hard selling it to t’wife.

Spending another £4k on bits and mods and being a taskmaster about organising our stuff has won her over. First few trips in utter chaos & cold were testing!

Dunno, but I don’t trust the geometry. Or the clearance on those arches!

930 donor car?
Its registered as a VW beetle & appears to have a slight problem with a rusty undercarriage according to the MOT.

I bought this brushed chrome protector: https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/tailgate-brushed-rear-bumper-protector-p-5533.html

excellent quality, well made and looks great .. to my eyes at least

however, it's not exactly centred - I fitted it alone - as the sticky pads are super sticky and you can't adjust once you put the metal down ..

you have to place it just right before you push it on. One time fix only, best done with 2 people ...

View attachment 96741
Looks very nice. Just interested to know if it has stood the test of time?

Excellent, you’ll love it. I’ve had great fun in mine but for some reason my pup hates it. She loves being perched on the paddle board but is a nightmare in the raft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Question for you since you own the same Packraft. I find the inflation pressure drops a bit over a 1-2 hours. This is going from evening into the night so it's obviously getting cooler. Would this account for the feel of the tubes going from drum taught to noticeably softer, but still very usable for floatation? I sprayed the seams and fabric with water and there were no air bubbles. Normal?

Back