Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Question for you since you own the same Packraft. I find the inflation pressure drops a bit over a 1-2 hours. This is going from evening into the night so it's obviously getting cooler. Would this account for the feel of the tubes going from drum taught to noticeably softer, but still very usable for floatation? I sprayed the seams and fabric with water and there were no air bubbles. Normal?

I’d say fairly normal over that time span. You can get a little hand pump to top it up if you’re doing longer paddles or even use your mouth if you are a contortionist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for you since you own the same Packraft. I find the inflation pressure drops a bit over a 1-2 hours. This is going from evening into the night so it's obviously getting cooler. Would this account for the feel of the tubes going from drum taught to noticeably softer, but still very usable for floatation? I sprayed the seams and fabric with water and there were no air bubbles. Normal?

PS have you put anything in the storage tube? The zip needs to be lubricated from time to time to ensure you can do it up properly for an airtight seal. The guy you bought it from may not have done (especially as he didn’t know he had that option!) that so might be worth checking

PS have you put anything in the storage tube? The zip needs to be lubricated from time to time to ensure you can do it up properly for an airtight seal. The guy you bought it from may not have done (especially as he didn’t know he had that option!) that so might be worth checking

No, haven't opened the storage tubes. And yes I will need to apply silicon sealant to the zippers. But not sure how a zip can be airtight. Water tight... definitely .

No, haven't opened the storage tubes. And yes I will need to apply silicon sealant to the zippers. But not sure how a zip can be airtight. Water tight... definitely .

I don’t have storage tubes as I’m a recreational paddler rather than an expedition one. I can see how they would be really useful but I struggle to trust a zip on open water or myself to close it properly!

I don’t have storage tubes as I’m a recreational paddler rather than an expedition one. I can see how they would be really useful but I struggle to trust a zip on open water or myself to close it properly!

Left the packraft inflated outside overnight. By morning, with a little morning sun, the tubes increased to their original rigidity. The thinness of the material must mean the external temperature has more of an influence.

Left the packraft inflated outside overnight. By morning, with a little morning sun, the tubes increased to their original rigidity. The thinness of the material must mean the external temperature has more of an influence.
I have the anfibio rebel without the storage tubes but the air pressure increases and drops due to the air temperature in the tubes it’s normal the top up pump from anfibio is perfect for correcting the issue.
Also the correct procedure is pump up then sit the boat in the water which will drop the air pressure then top up before setting off.

Actually Anfbio make it very clear not to open the zips on the storage tubes when they are fully inflated. I think owners have done this and come a cropper. Now the craft have a printed warning on the tubes so there is no excuse.
I applied a minuscule amount of silicone grease to all the zippers and they all move a lot more freely and now, extending up to the fully closed position. I don't think the previous owner had lubricated anything, but according to him he used it twice.

Bought everything I need to fit wireless phone charger in the van, can anybody that’s already fitted this please confirm the connections I need. Not going to use the antenna amp feature. Just want it to work with the ignition.

IMG_2108.jpeg

IMG_2109.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

My 2023 van came from the factory with a wireless charging....option of over 350 euros if I recall. However nobody ever mentioned that it does not work on i-phone 13 and so on. It charges an old SE. Reason: only small phones are supported.... if I only knew that before.

My 2023 van came from the factory with a wireless charging....option of over 350 euros if I recall. However nobody ever mentioned that it does not work on i-phone 13 and so on. It charges an old SE. Reason: only small phones are supported.... if I only knew that before.

That’s very poor of VW offering an (expensive) option on a new van that only supports out of date tech

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucky I’ve only got a small one then!

I bought some of these storage boxes from John Lewis (having stolen the idea from someone on here), three fit perfectly across the back shelf on top of the mattress.

One each for me, Mrs V and the gremlin. All stack on the driver’s seat if for one night or in the shelter tent if we’re there a couple of nights.

Like-itModular Plastic Storage Drawer, Medium, H21.5cm​

IMG_4224.jpeg

IMG_4135.jpeg

IMG_4136.jpeg

We met up with some friends at a campsite in Devizies and they produced the game Kubb to play. What great fun! So much so that a family with children came over to ask what the game was and borrowed my friends set to play with their children.

We have our own set in the van now.

kubb_.jpg

We met up with some friends at a campsite in Devizies and they produced the game Kubb to play. What great fun! So much so that a family with children came over to ask what the game was and borrowed my friends set to play with their children.

View attachment 128426
We play this as a family game great for young and old

View attachment 128426
I have not heard of this until now and I am intrigued, possibly enough to buy a set.
Anyone tell me the weight and size of the kit when stowing?
Thanks for the recommendation :thanks

I have not heard of this until now and I am intrigued, possibly enough to buy a set.
Anyone tell me the weight and size of the kit when stowing?
Thanks for the recommendation :thanks
weight is around 1,5 - 2kg, you can find them in many shops, starts from 15 euro

A net! And fixed

c97a8be182b8eb06a547f913bc81d9e6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk

Back