Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Never mind the van, how's the Pixel 9 pro XL?
I'm pondering an upgrade from the 7 pro...
Oh dear! Forgot to switch off that pesky signature.

I was on a 6 Pro and it was time to change (battery issues) The 9 pro XL is great, though my preference on shape would've been the rounded edges like the 6. With a quad lock cover, it is as thick as my wife's latest iPhone (I think 15)

Nothing at all to complain. Been an android user for ever and really happy with this unit. Not a major camera user but the pics so far have been stunning. The AI features - use that more on the laptop than the phone.

Overall very happy with it.

I bought some of these storage boxes from John Lewis (having stolen the idea from someone on here), three fit perfectly across the back shelf on top of the mattress.

One each for me, Mrs V and the gremlin. All stack on the driver’s seat if for one night or in the shelter tent if we’re there a couple of nights.

Like-itModular Plastic Storage Drawer, Medium, H21.5cm​

View attachment 128380

View attachment 128381

View attachment 128382
20% off until 3rd Sept too I think.

A new cap for my water tank. Some roads in Belgium need improvement ans so I lost the previous one there

There are small fixing pods that come with it. Had to change the sticky tape with 3m tape and now it stays in place.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B9GXY86K/?tag=eliteelect-21

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk
I bought similar net for my 4x4 and thought about getting another one for California. But then I thought, that there are no fixing points. I totally forgot about accessories that came with net. Have to check, if I can use them in Cali.

New wheels and tyres - 17" OZ Rally Raids with Falken Wildpeak 235 tyres. View attachment 128483
I love it! If it was allowed to have this combo in Germany I would get it for sure. However, both a wheel and tire size are not homologated or TÜV approved. Congrats.... please write how the wheels are behaving.. :)

I love it! If it was allowed to have this combo in Germany I would get it for sure. However, both a wheel and tire size are not homologated or TÜV approved. Congrats.... please write how the wheels are behaving.. :)
Are you sure. The OZ's are TUV rated and the 17" with 235 65 R17 combo is TUV approved.

Yes, I am sure. The twin-mono tube rim is the ONLY one which can, by homologation, have the taller tire you have. All other rims can not. And... the problem is that twin-mono tube rim is 500 euros each. Then after fitting with allowed tire one still n needs to go for TÜV approval/inspection (min. 60 euros) and go for speedo correction with certificate. My VW dealer will do it for 175 euros because it is 4Mo van. Then is even likely that a stop at DMV station is needed to correct the registration papers for another 50 euros. Lousy situation.
17" OZ Rally Raid is n ot approved for the van because its offset of 35, I believe. OZ web site confirmed that for me. So.... you are a lucky guy! There would be also some ways as described above to get right paper work for it. But first TÜV will have to agree to the rim wearing the tire size which it was not previously approved. Dealing with the German beaurokracy is not pleasant nor cheep especially when I do n ot speak the language fluently.
What I will probably do is this: Get OEM T6.1 steel wheels.... i weighted one I have... only 12.6 kgs. For steel this is indeed on ly as many alloy wheels ("AT style")I would consider from main brands can be 14kgs and even more. Then get a General Grabber 235/55/17 103H (14 kgs) making a set up fully legal from the go. Maybe I paint the silver steel rim glossy black and leave silver rim...use one of the VW caps. Will see. The result will be on the budget (rims can be bought for 60 euros each from MAK or 100 euros from VW. This is what I might end up with.

Image 1.jpeg

Image 2.jpeg

Thought I'd post pictures of oven in use - plus it sat quite happily on top of chiller all the way from Inverness to Essex.View attachment 124657
Cannot believe how versatile this little oven is - hubby puts his coffee cup on top to keep hot whilst dinner is cooking - plus he even dried off a pair of socks on top

Back