Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Simple but clever idea, would your better half be willing to share the dimensions?
3mm felt, 76cm x 69cm, Mark a rectangle 20cm in from edge all round, to give a base 36 x 29. Cut out the 20 x 20 corners and sew up to form boxes 36 x 29.
Because the bodywork slopes in increasingly with each shelf from the botto, one corner needs a little gusset (is that even a word?).
I've made this look much more technical than it actually is

3mm felt, 76cm x 69cm, Mark a rectangle 20cm in from edge all round, to give a base 36 x 29. Cut out the 20 x 20 corners and sew up to form boxes 36 x 29.
Because the bodywork slopes in increasingly with each shelf from the botto, one corner needs a little gusset (is that even a word?).
I've made this look much more technical than it actually is
Brilliant, much appreciate, thank you

Not exactly bought, but made by the better half, a set of felt boxes for the rear corner shelving.
They are very forgiving of odd shaped contents and don’t rattle.

View attachment 116291
Great minds think alike, although we cheated by buying these:

IMG_5897.jpeg
Which fit perfectly if you just take the corner off the top one and sew it back to a curved corner shape.

Great minds think alike, although we cheated by buying these:

View attachment 116313
Which fit perfectly if you just take the corner off the top one and sew it back to a curved corner shape.
i might have to get some of those - thankyou!

I nearly bought two solar panels from Roger of solar camper solutions today . Drove all the way down to Taunton to get it installed by Roger. Unfortunately I was a month early of the agreed date!
How was the M5 :cool:

Thought i would try this electric blanket from the amazon sales and couple it with a 200w inverter for convenience. Was surprised how effecient it was, will try it out more over the winter see if it hits the mark but so far so good.

If you are interested have created a short video

Helpful thanks. What is the cover over the roof hatch?

Thought i would try this electric blanket from the amazon sales and couple it with a 200w inverter for convenience. Was surprised how effecient it was, will try it out more over the winter see if it hits the mark but so far so good.

If you are interested have created a short video

Also your shelf above the kitchen - looks handy

Also your shelf above the kitchen - looks handy

I have those shelves, they are really useful. I store all my tea and coffee kit plus cups in them. Powder coated steel so can be used with magnetic hooks etc too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have those shelves, they are really useful. I store all my tea and coffee kit plus cups in them. Powder coated steel so can be used with magnetic hooks etc too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you source them?

I watched a DIY YouTube on forming one from sheet metal. The thread pointed out if you leave them up (without permanent fixings), they could become lethal in an accident.

These look pretty solid - do you leave them in place while driving?

Last edited:
Where did you source them?

I watched a DIY YouTube on forming one from sheeting. The thread pointed out if you leave them up (without permanent fixings), they could become lethal in an accident.

These look pretty solid - do you leave them in place while driving?

Yes I leave them up whilst driving. I have 2 which screw together so there is no movement. They seem rock solid after 4 months and c. 5000 miles of use including off roading (nothing too extreme)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replaced rear brake discs and pads. Brembo.

VW said that they'd need doing on next service which is due Feb, '24.
No rain today and winter looming so now done.

Inside of discs were more corroded than outer face. Inner pads were virtually worn to nothing.
I recall @WelshGas mentioning this on his some time ago.

View attachment 116137

View attachment 116138
That's nothing. Here's the rear disc off my car

20231103_100623.jpg

Back