Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Really impressive that this is something you can do yourself. I would love to do this, but I'd be to afraid to mess it up. Yours looks really nice, just as if it was factory made in that colour. Well done! Mooi gedaan!
It's not that difficult, but you need some patience. And don't worry, you can't mess anything up, but you wrapping-foil. the paint isn't affected by the adhesive from the foil, as long as you use premium brands.

Used it to tow a caravan though Norfolk and Suffolk. Despite waving at 2 California vans no one waved at us. Does towing a caravan make us” persona non grata”? I get waved at without the caravan.
Yes I’m afraid some Cali owners might be disappointed to see a caravan being towed by one. My Dad used to raise a finger rather than waves hand at caravanners squeezing down single track roads in Yorkshire!

Sunday: Fitted the new and improved (with ventilation cutouts) solar panel mounts, new channel mounts and new panels. Must’ve overdone it because now I’ve got manflu and a cancelled trip to Devon
0dc9328d3a7afb8fd13930344a6e5ae2.jpg

7e30182a9375504d690f4861dee4bcb1.jpg

70be679205bc44dff5f21f950c67b415.jpg

5bcea0f42aae695095a62b6f7b679efe.jpg

ffa4316ea56921d3cf243455ad520948.jpg

f2e3552410a624dd5f3e3f8b49530811.jpg

b8bc6dc73b1b6d950ede542fe9deec9e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Used it to tow a caravan though Norfolk and Suffolk. Despite waving at 2 California vans no one waved at us. Does towing a caravan make us” persona non grata”? I get waved at without the caravan.

i have had several vans ranging from T2 to my current T6, by far the worst wavers are T6 onwards :oops:

keep on waving, I’m regularly shamed by my Fam when I wave and don’t get a response :rolleyes:

Yes I’m afraid some Cali owners might be disappointed to see a caravan being towed by one. My Dad used to raise a finger rather than waves hand at caravanners squeezing down single track roads in Yorkshire!
My caravan is no wider than the California. Very easy to tow but I too do not like narrow roads. The sat nav needs to be ignored when towing and maps used and the California is better for a lot of trips.

Last edited:
i have had several vans ranging from T2 to my current T6, by far the worst wavers are T6 onwards :oops:

keep on waving, I’m regularly shamed by my Fam when I wave and don’t get a response :rolleyes:

Hahaha, this I recognise. My wife thinks I am an absolute nerd for waving at every single California I see passing by. Things are a bit better since we have just the Cali and no longer the second vehicle, lol. :) But to be honest, there seem to be a lot more Calis here lately and not even half of the Cali drivers wave back. Perhaps it's just not a 'thing' over here. But I keep doing it anyway. Now when I do get a wave back, I'm a happy camper.

I made the Channel Mounts myself and templated the panel mounts for fabrication. (They’re just an evolution of the one I did back in 2019 - less weight more ventilation) Panels are 100w.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks great should of got you to do my one for the joker.
Solar panel has finally arrived, collect Monday so I can finish mine finally.

Looks great should of got you to do my one for the joker.
Solar panel has finally arrived, collect Monday so I can finish mine finally.

On an average day, yours should charge faster than mine as the panel’s closer to the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On an average day, yours should charge faster than mine as the panel’s closer to the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have the angle when roof is up :thumb
That’s what you could make next is a tilt and turn bracket

Yes, 6.1 on order so I guess the dimensions will be different. I’ll just wait till it arrives and measure then…
I've drawn up the measurements etc for my shelving. Happy to send across, but as the other comments have noted you'll have to remeasure. PM me and I'll reply back

Emptied it of the stuff we took to the Midlands air festival that we don’t need (or that needed. cleaning/washing/drying out). Ready for putting in what we do need for a weekend in the Peak District and going to the “Devil’s Arse” pop up cinema (West Side Story in the Peak Cavern, Castleton).

Mirror finish!
What product/ process do you use?
I use :
Jet wash : wet the whole vehicle, take off all loose material
Snow foam : Bilt & hamber car wash auto snow foam (best I’ve found, use a little to get a great pre clean, loosen dirt )
jet wash: wash off snow foam
hand wash : noodle mitt , either Autogylm or Halfords ! (two bucket method)
maintenance wax: autoglym aqua wax (unbelievable maintenance on a wet vehicle)
twice yearly : Mcguires ultimate wax + elbow grease
Once a year: remove tar spots (lighter fluid ) re wax

two bucket method to wash is a must & keep the dealer away from your van !

wheels : valet pro; billberry juice (excellent)

the trick is to remove as much grit / dirt as possible before touching the van, the built and Hamber is defo worth the cost, uses 90% less product than other more expensive snow foam , a little in a snow gun goes a long, long way & actually works ( unlike other high foam products)
The bilt and hamber does not foam to a high foam, instead it just works

Last edited:
I use :
Jet wash : wet the whole vehicle, take off all loose material
Snow foam : Bilt & hammer car wash auto snow foam (best I’ve found, use a little to get a great pre clean, loosen dirt )
jet wash: wash off snow foam
hand wash : noodle mitt , either Autogylm or Halfords ! (two bucket method)
maintenance wax: autoglym aqua wax (unbelievable maintenance on a wet vehicle)
twice yearly : Mcguires ultimate wax + elbow grease
Once a year: remove tar spots (lighter fluid ) re wax

two bucket method to wash is a must & keep the dealer away from your van !

wheels : valet pro; billberry juice (excellent)

the trick is to remove as much grit / dirt as possible before touching the van, the built and Hamber is defo worth the cost, uses 90% less product than other more expensive snow foam , a little in a snow gun goes a long, long way & actually works ( unlike other high foam products)
The bilt and hamber does not foam to a high foam, instead it just works
and clay bar before polish and wax if you really want to work those elbows ..

Went to Beaulieu motor museum (vw event )

a great day out, weather was very kind, well attended event, one of the best T1,s I have ever seen. (Red one ) looked like a new van !
sneaked In an over night stop at long Meadow Campsite on Friday with a curry stop at Brokenhurst.

next VW event is a Transporter Marque event with the ability to camp at Beaulieu. Check out the Beaulieu website) reduced entry if exhibiting

well worth a weekend trip

26B79A9C-905F-4D36-A0C5-B3EF61CF7220.jpeg

D58E9307-3E0B-43B6-8AF0-5840E111457F.jpeg

7F4C9DAE-8F41-4CFE-9230-5BB67EAAE577.jpeg

5684AEED-0D66-4A98-ADD5-D9673FE9FD2B.jpeg

CC671571-1596-4287-AE1C-4068C532BEEE.jpeg

9D978B7C-8882-4DF9-A99C-8F33F1E074D7.jpeg

5BC83A21-63EF-4814-BA6D-4D565572C427.jpeg

2AE0D25E-4C4A-42C0-8F07-9CC63249B2A8.jpeg

23346F70-10E9-4A64-A623-7482C5850991.jpeg

5E9BF6F4-C602-43FE-B307-AFCDA5114251.jpeg

edit : link to the T chill weekend

Last edited:
Covered the camping table this morning. The wife & I, having spent many hours looking through Pixers for something arty to go on it, decided to just cover it in clear sticky back plastic and then add stickers from all of the places we visit. I got the vinyl from Vinyl Warehouse as most of the regular book covering stuff is max 50cm wide which is the same as the table but you really need to use a wider piece and trim it down to fit once it's stuck on (ask me how I know!) 20220619_081627.jpg

Back